It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mach 50 Secretaircraft(X-22A,SR-75,XR-7???)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Most planes use their own fuel to cool the skin instead of water. I believe the SR-71 did this, and I am fairly certain that any exotic high speed aircraft would probably have to do the same thing

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Pumping water or fuel around under the skin of a plane works but the system is heavy and takes up a bit of space.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Most planes use their own fuel to cool the skin instead of water. I believe the SR-71 did this, and I am fairly certain that any exotic high speed aircraft would probably have to do the same thing

You are correct the SR-71/A-12 used its fuel to cool the sirframe. It used a vale to make sure the warmer fuel would be burnt first. Water would boil off quickly. or at best become a superheated steam mixture unless under a lot of presure.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Mach 50 is impossible for atleast 30 more years.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Ran across some links claiming that an air/spacecraft has been developed by the US Air Force and Lockheed with capable of speeds approaching mach 50. Can't seem to find pictures or drawings of this craft. Anyone else heard of this craft? Here are some links;
www.detailshere...
www.drboylan.com...
aliendave.com...
robocat.users.btopenworld.com...
Would love to see additional information on this craft if it really exists.

I think the fastest speed ever recorded for a man made object was mach 20 (Source: Guinnis Book of World Records, 2000) . It was made by accident when something came in too steep of a trajectory during atmospheric reentry. I seriously doubt that anything manmade could get above Mach 21-22 without disintigrating when it hits the atmosphere, using current technology.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
I think the fastest speed ever recorded for a man made object was mach 20

I seriously doubt that anything manmade could get above Mach 21-22 without disintigrating when it hits the atmosphere, using current technology.

1. Helios satellite obriting the sun travels at Mach 227.3 (manmade object
)

2. if its antigravity, then aircraft should have 0 weight. when you have 0 weight you can accellerate to mach 99999 easily cuz you have no intertia.... in space of cource.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
ghost - what are you talking about the damn space shuttle enters earths orbit around mach 25, you clearly have no clue what your talking about.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy
Mach 50 is impossible for atleast 30 more years.

Forgot the name of a high ranking General at the end of WWII as work was being conducted on confiscated German V-2 rockets,when a moon trip was being seriously discussed, as say something like " A rocket getting to the moon won't happen in this century or within a century" I believe it was more or less said. Even after the Wright Bros. flew for the first time, people refused to believe it. It was about the time when Glenn Curtiss flew his "Junebug" (farther on its first attempt that the Wright Flyer on its third) on its maiden flight and started setting records did people start noticing and it finally struck home that flight by man was possible. Fascinating individual Glenn Curtiss was.

[edit on 31/8/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   

The idea of creating a plasma field around an aircraft is not a new one either. Such a possibility was thoroughly studied by both Russians and Americans. This was done for very different reasons, however. Aircraft designers want to use a plasma shield generator on hypersonic aircraft. In this application, plasma may be generated by a powerful plasma laser and will act as a heat shield for an aircraft. There are plans to use such a system in conjunction with a magnetohydrodynamic (MHD) propulsion to achieve velocities up to Mach 50.

this means:

PLASMA + MHD PROPULSION = MACH 50+
(yes, plus sign means more than mach 50 possible)

Link

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Russian "AJAX" hypersonic aircraft project

Russians have an interesting and very advanced project for a hypersonic plane called "AJAX." This particular aircraft is supposed to create plasma at the leading and trailing edges of its body using electrostatic charges.

[edit on 2-9-2004 by titus]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Yup, AJAX is the Russian Aurora, though if i'm not mistaken the AJAX is supposed to be a bomber, while the Aurora is supposed to be a spy plane, with the technology able to be used in a B-3.

As far as American aircraft go, this is probably the most advanced:

The HyperSoar

A HyperSoar hypersonic Global Range Recce/Strike Aircraft the size of a B-52 could take off from the US and deliver its payload to any point on the globe - from an altitude and at a speed that would challenge current defensive measures - and return to the US without the need for refueling or forward bases on foreign soil. Equipment and personnel could also be transported.

HyperSoar could fly at approximately 6,700 mph (Mach 10), while carrying roughly twice the payload of subsonic aircraft of the same takeoff weight. As a military aircraft, a HyperSoar bomber the size of an F-22 could take off from the U.S. and deliver its payload from an altitude and at a speed that would defy all current defensive measures. It could then return directly to the continental U.S. without refueling and without the need to land at forward bases on foreign soil.

The HyperSoar concept promises less heat build-up on the airframe than previous hypersonic designs - a challenge that has until now limited the development of hypersonic aircraft. The key to HyperSoar is the skipping motion of its flight along the edge of Earth's atmosphere - much like a rock skipped across water. A HyperSoar aircraft would ascend to approximately 130,000 feet - lofting outside the Earth's atmosphere - then turn off its engines and coast back to the surface of the atmosphere. There, it would again fire its air-breathing engines and skip back into space. The craft would repeat this process until it reached its destination.

I also found this interesting:

Proponents estimate that approximately $140 million would be needed over the next few years to advance several technologies to the point where a $350 million one-third-scale flyable prototype could be built and tested. About $500 million would be needed to develop the technologies needed and build and test a 16-meter-long flyable unmanned prototype. The development cost of full-scaled HyperSoar aircraft is estimated at about the same as spent to develop the Boeing Company's new 777, or nearly $10 billion.

Hypersoar

$10 Billion for developement is pocket change when you are talking about a black aircraft that can do these types of things. I give it 10 years before this is the official B-3

[edit on 2-9-2004 by American Mad Man]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I also found this mocj up of the "american football" shaped hypersonic aircraft. It could be what the Aurora looks like........

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Talking about hyperplanes, India too are building one called AVATAR

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 04:42 AM
link   
ALSO visit : www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 3-9-2004 by Stealth Spy]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
ghost - what are you talking about the damn space shuttle enters earths orbit around mach 25, you clearly have no clue what your talking about.

First of all I was referring to top speed whileIN the earth's atmospere! When the shuttle enters orbit it's above the atmosphere. Sorry that I was not Clear in my reply. In space they have achieved much faster speeds then you can in the atmospere at present, because the is no air, therefore no Drag. My fault, thanks for pointing out the mistake!

I know the Shuttle slows to Mach 20 during reentry. When it comes to air-breathing, IN ATMOSPHERE aircraft mach 21-22 is the fastest that I'm aware of.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
With regard to the supercaviting is to water as ???? is to air.

I saw a show on tv once where they were talking about some of the superior technology the Soviets had to the us. One of the discussed topics were planes that could fly over mach 5 or something using hydrodynamic magento propulsion. The same concept used on Hunt for red october.

You charge the air in front of the craft either negatively or positively, then at the middle of the craft you use a magnet that would repel against that charged air. Causing the craft to move without the use of conventional engines. As far as the tv show said the Soviets had never gotten it to work.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join