It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let me laugh : Geithner: Action against Wall St. coming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Right. Hell will freeze over before that happens.

Geithner: Action against Wall St. coming

Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner suggested Friday that a new round of “dramatic enforcement actions” against Wall Street wrongdoing is coming.

“Stay tuned for that,” Geithner said.

We'll all die before we see anything Geithner. You know it.

“You’ve seen very, very dramatic enforcement actions already by the enforcement authorities across the U.S. government, and I’m sure you’re going to see more to come. You should stay tuned for that,” he said.

We've seen very very dramatic enforcement actions? Hahahaha? Where? Nothing has been done.

“What you see is a general sense across the country of concern that the U.S. economy is not growing faster, you’re not seeing incomes rise more rapidly, and people want to make sure that the government, Washington, is acting to make things better now. As part of that, they want to see us deliver much stronger protections for consumers and investors as an economy as a whole,” Geithner said on CNBC.

Wrong again. People are pissed because you are a bunch of corrupt crooks, giving taxpayers money to the bankers who destroyed the economy. You are protecting them from the felonies they've committed. You are continuing the wars, you are continuing the status quo. People wants all of you out, democrats and republicans, criminals prosecuted and JAILED. Big corporations OUT OF GOVERNMENT.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
They'll just serve up a couple more Madoffs in an attempt to appease the masses. Sad thing is it will probably work for a while.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
i was laughing before i even read what he had to say.

the financial system is as corrupt as ever.

neither the Obama administration or the worthless congress is going to do anything real.

they're all prostitutes working for the criminals fleecing the american people.

how can Wall Street do anything illegal, they control the pupets writing the laws.

it's beyond obvious that all branches of the government are controlled by these financial scam artists.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by madjetxe
post removed by staff

Ya know, I would expect better from a member of ATS than a post like this.

It's people like you making terroristic induendo's that will bring unneeded attention to a forum like this.

It's obvious that TPTB are starting to react to the occupy movments, and this is just an attempt to throw people off from taking the protests further.

I don't think it will work!
edit on Fri Oct 14 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

You mean the same Geithner that worked for the Federal Reserve and swapped places to the Treasury? Talk about a shell game. Just like Obama promised to get the US out of the wars and all he has done is start more. Or just like Holder never heard of Fast and Furious? If this OWS really wanted to accomplish something it would be demand the Bush administration and the Obama administration all be arrested.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Wrong again. People are pissed because you are a bunch of corrupt crooks, giving taxpayers money to the bankers who destroyed the economy.

The term "taxpayer" is a very specific statutorily defined word, and it is regards the so called "Personal Income Tax" which has been, since its inception, a legal plunder scheme. You clearly do not have a problem with plunder, you just think only the privileged should get to plunder, and not those of whom you do not like.

Plunder is plunder, and it doesn't matter if welfare programs for the rich are created, or for the poor, it remains plunder. That is the theft, these are the crooks (government), and it is We the People who are to blame.

People get the government they deserve.

Post Script:

Taxes are very necessary to keep the slow wheels of government grinding. Just because taxes are necessary this does not mean that income taxes are necessary. Let's not get confused on that issue and presume that no income tax means no taxation.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen6511

i disagree i dont think either is controlling the other. im pretty sure they are in bed together all the way to the top.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Nothing further to say, prior Golmansachs, and he will do what

He will only do what his masters tell him to do, what a economic bigot

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

"Just take it."

You think they're honestly going to enforce anything after giving away $700,000,000,000 to the very people who bankrupted the economy, but then gladly turn around and shaft middle class Americans who make $28 / hr?

GAH... I can't figure out why anyone would want to Occupy Wall St.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

The term "taxpayer" is a very specific statutorily defined word, and it is regards the so called "Personal Income Tax" which has been, since its inception, a legal plunder scheme.

Totally. I've been saying that for years. Anyway that's not the point.

People get the government they deserve.

Yeah well most people on earth are lazy or good people and the evil people who want to take power will do anything to get it. So it's kind of an uneven match.

The only taxes that are constitutionals are tariffs on imports.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Hegelian Dialectic at work.

What is the Hegelian Dialectic?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Timmy wants us to go after Wall St. cuz
Timmy works for the FED. Maybe if we focus
on Wall St we'll forget all about him and his
slime-covered cronies. NOT!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'm sorry, I must have missed something in the story.

Is he turning himself in and testifying in exchange for immunity??

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Let's list the economic criminals here; Geithner, Summers, Obama, Pelosi, Reid, Gespard, Krueger, Paulson, Goolsbee, Kashkari, Patterson, Romner, Hoffa and a whole cast of others. Pity we can't hand them all to the angry crowd.

new topics

top topics

join