It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government says PressTV and RussiaToday are the enemy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Funny uh? PressTV is Iranian, but they are quite good even if they spew Iranian propaganda from time to time. They have Max Keiser financial show on, who exposes the banking corruption.

Russia Today is known by the majority of you, they talk about issues that the western MSM won't touch with a ten foot pole. They are the most accurate ``MSM`` news source around.

So of course the western governments see them as the enemy... they talk truth to power.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Havent heard of PressTV yet, but Russia Today is truly a interesting and reliable source, apart from the fact that they never report on Russian corruption

But I enjoy the moderators at RT, they are well-versed and knowledgeable people.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clairaudience
Havent heard of PressTV yet, but Russia Today is truly a interesting and reliable source, apart from the fact that they never report on Russian corruption

True dat.

Max Keiser show on Presstv :
Max Keiser On the Edge

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
They would say that wouldn't they?

Press T.V has covered the Occupy Protests and I always watch it in order to get a fuller picture of what is going on. They are not afraid to show or report on things thatthe Western MSM dare not.

Of course they an Iranian Channel, so they are pro Iranian, but if you can see beyond this is an informative alternative.

RT again if you want an alternative view point, tune in.

TPTB hate these channels simply because they don't toe the party line, so to speak.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I love RT and of course Max and Stacey what a show, how well informed are they and the guests.

Russian tv has opened up Russia for me and shown such a fascinating country. Its wildlife and national parks, its archetecture the amazing diversity of its people and their skills and craft. They have a guy who goes round the country showing you a different city and their specialities, tonight he did the film industry in Moscow. Russia was a complete mystery but to see a programme where they showed these huge old cars, beautiflly made, I though it was the USA, I never realised they had such a car industry.

I found Press tv pretty good also although a lot of the announcers were very wooden.

I expect wherever a government operates a veil of tv censorship, channels who pierce that veil will be considered the enemy. But just look at the standard of news here its diabolical. Kay Burley spends the afternoon giving us the same small pieces of news over and over again. You can't watch it for any length of time, its an insult to your intelligence. Skys now is sticking on the Jackson trial. All due respect to MJ's fans and followers, but this is a major news channel and Europe is currently falling to pieces, certain parties want to bomb Iran etc etc and etc and the world is going to hell in a handcart.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynda101

I never watched Press TV and now I guess I will never get to. As far as RT News. When I want to find out what is actually happening I would watch them. You know its bad when you have to get the news in the US from the Russians. Nothing could more prove how controlled the US MSM news really is. The MSM propaganda machine has gotten so bad they are more like comedy hour.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I read and watch them online. The news reporting in UK is abysmal.

It's easy enough to show them this simply by not watching their channels.

I used to watch just to see what lies they were telling and truth they omitted. No more, they are not getting my viewing to add to their ratings.

Namaste.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
If any ATS members from the U.K have Sky, then you can watch Press T.V on channel 515.

Failing that then you can watch it online. Peace.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Stars and Flags for bringing this up Vitchilo!

Funny how TPTB realize that propaganda is not working anymore, when freedom of press really exists.
The people are just not buying it anymore.

The numbers are clear, a quote from the german Wiki (have not found any other source, please post, if you find any)

Die US-Außenministerin Hillary Clinton mahnte bei einem Auftritt vor dem US-Kongress Anfang März 2011, aufgrund des verstärkten Erfolges von staatlichen Fernsehsendern wie Russia Today drohten die USA, den „global info war“ zu verlieren. RT habe auf Youtube bereits nahezu 300 Millionen Aufrufe, während CNN kaum 3 Millionen erreicht habe.[10]

Translates roughly to;

"Clinton is warning (March 2011); Because of the rising success of state TVs as Russia Today, the US risks to loose the "global info war". RT has already about 300 Million hits, while CNN just reached 3 Millions."

Note; she mentions "global info war". She just does not give a flying *bleep* about journalism or free press.
All she is concerned about is the "global info war", which is pure simple propaganda. Very telling.

Hillary, it's the 21st century,
we are informed,
we do not want propaganda,
we want journalism,
we want the real news.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I heard on PressTV yesterday that ofcom are oulling the plug on the channel because of "adminstration errors". BS, BS, BS the government are worried about the truthes that channels like PTV and RT portray.

Ofcom has succumbed to the British royal family's demands" to revoke the broadcasting licence of the Iranian state broadcaster's English-language outlet Press TV, the channel has claimed

www.guardian.co.uk...

This story from the Guardian (a paper I despise) seems to want to propagate the panda show.

ALS
edit on 14-10-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Oh, the old dried up peice of CRAP ! Did you hear his whinning ass ? These are the type of cry baby wusses
we have running corporations and the government. Living their sick, pathetic, child rapping lives and when they do manage to show up for a speaking engagement. They get up in front of God and everyone on camera and belly ache about, " We're gonna lose the info war, because we have enemies and " I mean, for real ?
Why doesn't that old crawdad go home and die ? All blood sucking, curtain climbing. cookie crumbling, fart smelling, bundle picking, gravy grabbing, late starting, early quitting, penny gathering, bottom feeding, martini drinking, life extending, pus faced, wrinkled up old rich cry baby creep basturd should get the hell off the planet. They've had their time. The guys obsolete, let alone disgusting.

I feel better now.

edit on 14-10-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I really look forward to your contributions.

You always seem to hit the nail on the head. Peace dude and respect.

On topic, they can't stop us from watching any of these channels online. Well, at least not yet.

The info war is a new concept. Undoubtedly they will find a way for our service providers to censor us.

Oh yeah the U.K Government have asked the six major Internet Providers to add an option at sign up to ensure whoever accesses your computer cannot access adult content.Sounds good initially. But content relating to alternative opinions are censored. You are left with nothing but information from the MSM and even sites such as ATS are unaccessible.

Personally I feel it is down to the Parents to decide what children access. The only way you can do that is by spending time and supervising them.I appreciate this is not always convenient, but it doesn't take much to set up a user profile for you children and set the Adult Controls as apprporiate.

Talk about a Nanny state. Just the type of state the Conservatives warned us about 4-5 years ago. Yet, they are content for it to continue.

As 'The Who' once said, 'The parting on the left, is now a parting on the right!!'

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
US corporate shill media getting angry at their one-sided patriotic propaganda bull**** being stomped on by way of open, transparent, calling a spade a spade, "freedom of the press-type", truth speaking foreign media outlets ?

Surely you jest.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Personally I feel it is down to the Parents to decide what children access. The only way you can do that is by spending time and supervising them.I appreciate this is not always convenient, but it doesn't take much to set up a user profile for you children and set the Adult Controls as apprporiate.

Lordy, what you say here is so important. In this world "They" have created for us. It's so hard to find the time to
spend with your kids, to even do things like this. What better reason can there be, to make the time ? And at the same time you can make sure all the knowledge you have, about these goings on in the world. Can be shown to them, in bits and pieces, so these chidren of today don't have to wake up. As we had to do. Because they will hopefully know the truth, from the early on.
I pray this for the little ones of today. They will need everything we can give them, to put them as far ahead of this game as we can get them. Or they will simply have no chance at all.

Thank you Cobalt

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

the ennemy is Murdoch and the evil people that sold their soul for one of his paychecks.

unfortunately, Fox makes so much money with their endless campaign of lies, that the rest of the media is becoming an imitation.

i'm not a drinking person, but i've promised myself that the day Fox goes bankrupt, i'm getting smooched in celebration.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
They would say that wouldn't they?

Press T.V has covered the Occupy Protests and I always watch it in order to get a fuller picture of what is going on. They are not afraid to show or report on things thatthe Western MSM dare not.

Of course they an Iranian Channel, so they are pro Iranian, but if you can see beyond this is an informative alternative.

RT again if you want an alternative view point, tune in.

TPTB hate these channels simply because they don't toe the party line, so to speak.

I totally agree.
Maybe those attending the protests should carry a few Signs supporting Press TV ?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

Or signs supporting alternative news channels rather than the BBC or Sky news.

There is no democracy in the UK. The government has made sure of that one.

Makes it worse when the BBC is funded by the Public and not the Government.
edit on 15-10-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

top topics

join