It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verizon will soon begin spying on your web habits, here's how to opt out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Verizon will soon begin spying on your web habits, here's how to opt out

news.yahoo.com

If you're a Verizon wireless customer, your online identity is about to take another privacy hit. The company just revealed that its new service agreement will include language that allows the monitoring of your web habits, including websites you visit and even the location data of when and where you use your wireless browser.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.tomsguide.com

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
if you do nothing you are automatically opted in to this program, which tracks your location as well as the content you peruse.

once again, marketing purposes are cited as the reason for this practice. regardless of why verizon is doing this, i can't understand anyone being comfortable with being spied on by a company as big as verizon. i got rid of my cell phone earlier this year (my provider was verizon) but i am hoping this story can help any current users to avoid this invasion of privacy.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Thank you for the info!!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by godWhisperer

Thanks for posting this information, no doubt many people will find it useful...

I just feel for the poor sucker that has to check through the sites... they better have an open mind or they may be forced into retirement from all the weird european pawn!

Peace

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

as a verizon customer, this is disturbing, yet interesting news. Thank you for bringing it into the limelight. I will certainly look into this.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Thank you so much for this thread. If I hadn't seen it I might not have known. I have already gone to the website and changed my settings so f Verizon and all companies with 1984 intentions. Looks like I will have to review my options once my contract is up. S+F

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Do you really think that they will not follow you if you opt out. I mean come on you don't seriously believe they won't be watching you do you? There is no privacy, not any more. If verizion isn't listening to your calls and watching your web habits the government is. Ever hear of the NSA that's what they do.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
My husband is not going to like this one at all, both my children and my husband have fancy phones with Internet access, me I refuse to get a phone with Internet access, call me old fashion but I never really like the way you can be tracked with the darn things.

new topics

top topics

join