It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lake Michigan secrets?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Greetings fellow nutters! A wile ago, I was talking to someone who was making some pretty outrageous claims about something that was supposed to be out in the center of Lake Michigan. Made it seem like the under water area 51 of the Midwest. He talked of UFO sightings, heavy US Navel activity, and one or two instances of many people who live along the lake getting up in the middle of the night, and traveling out onto the lake for no reason they could identify.

Honestly, I think this guy was just yanking my chain, but like any good conspiracy theorist, I keep an open mind and no story is to crazy to dismiss outright! So, has anyone heard anything at all that would back up this story?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by InvaderSkich

There's been a bunch of USO and UFO sightings.
And some recent ones in Lake Michigan.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I live within spitting distance of the lake, but I havent heard of anything out of the ordinary. I'm flaggin this though, because I'm really interested in what others have heard and want to be able to check back easily.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
There is an aircraft carrier at the bottom of lake Michigan. You can even dive it.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
As a Chicagoan all my life, I always look forward to finding something interesting and strange in and around this city. I have heard some stories of strange instances in Lake Michigan and one story is told in the "Chicago Haunts" books by Urszula Bielski.
www.amazon.ca...

I forget in which one it is but it talks about the alleged "Triangle" that is found in Lake Michigan that is very similar to the Bermuda Triangle. One instance involved sail boaters that were somehow thrown into an alternate timeline with bizarre incidents that left them scratching their heads.

more can be found here:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It is the biggest body of water in the U.S. america's inside ocean.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I live along Lake Michigan, but I don't see much that suggests anything too weird is going on. Even with a decommissioned nuclear powerplant nearby in Zion, there's just not enough activity or traffic to suggest that it could be operating covertly to power something like a DUMB.

Chicago also has a deep tunnel project. But as far as I'm aware of, it's strictly for storm water run-off. It would be kind of hard to keep part of something like that as a cover for something else under a city that large. Just too many people around and involved.

Great Lakes is also nearby as the boot-camp for the USN, but that's primarily basic training and a few rating schools. Nothing obviously weird going on there, and no actual ships such as destroyers operating on Lake Michigan as far as I'm aware of. (Even went through it myself back in the late 1990s.) The only "ships" you'll see at Great Lakes are buildings on land which are mocked-up as ships on the insides for training purposes.

The only actual shipping around here I'm aware of seems to be commercial operations like small raw-ore and gypsum freighters, and the closest thing to the military operating regularly in the area is the Coast Guard with their SAR equipped helicopters.

Would be neat if somehow there is something out there, but no sure sign of it around the southern Wisconsin - Illinois and Indiana coasts.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Hmm more strange than that, are the Oh-So-Often MASSIVE fish die offs on LM. Often blamed on the fish themselves, but maybe something else is going on?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
There is an aircraft carrier at the bottom of lake Michigan. You can even dive it.

LAKE SUPERIOR...

edit on 28-10-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
That's frightening me.

new topics

top topics

join