It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Bhuddist Freemasons?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Shakyamuni - the historical buddha did not negate the existance of the most high nor did he promote it. In fact, the buddha uses the concept of GOD to teach beings of enlightnement. (The lions roar by david maurice, "what god almighty didnt know)

The central point that buddha was trying to make was that the concept of god takes action out of your hands. It make the believer tend to daydreaming and chasing around ideas of what is percieved to be god , when in fact we are (or have been created) to experience things directly, not by proxy. Buddhists aim is to be non dependant on outside concepts

Do not sit around waitng for god to help you. this doesnt mean god is dead, it means do not sit around waitng for god to help you...

There is no place to hang your hat

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I kind-of consider myself a buddhist and I am a freemason. I have a couple friends who are buddhist and are freemasons themselves. Freemasonry does not exclude buddhism or any religion (although I don't really consider buddhism a religion, its more of a philosophy in my opinion).

Peace

Edit: Wow, just noticed this is quite an old thread.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MrNECROS

Bhuddists are free in their minds and hearts.

They do not need to subscribe to freemasonry and other human inventions.

And no, I am not a Buddhist, but sometimes I wish I was.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
As noted, there have been, and are, Buddhist Freemasons. There are also Taoist Freemasons, Confucian Freemasons, etc.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
In 2007, I was in Arizona and met the Grand Chaplain of the Grand Lodge of Arizona. He was a practicing Tibetan Buddhist.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Albert Pike said that Buddha was the "first Masonic Legislator"

Morals and Dogma - 23: Knight Rose Croix

The first Masonic Legislator whose memory is preserved to us by history, was Buddha, who, about a thousand years before the Christian era, reformed the religion of Manous. He called to the Priesthood all men, without distinction of caste, who felt themselves inspired by God to instruct men. Those who so associated themselves formed a Society of Prophets under the name of Samaneans. They recognized the existence of a single uncreated God, in whose bosom everything grows, is developed and transformed. The worship of this God reposed upon the obedience of all the beings He created. His feasts were those of the Solstices. The doctrines of Buddha pervaded India, China, and Japan. The Priests of Brahma, professing a dark and bloody creed, brutalized by Superstition, united together against Buddhism, and with the aid of Despotism, exterminated its followers. But their blood fertilized the new doctrine, which produced a new Society under the name of Gymnosophists; and a large number, fleeing to Ireland, planted their doctrines there, and there erected the round towers, some of which still stand, solid and unshaken as at first, visible monuments of the remotest ages.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by vcwxvwligen]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

So what? This is according to Pike, its his opinion. Morals and Dogma is not the ritual book, its Pike's opinions.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

There are many Buddhist Freemasons. There is even a Thai Buddhist Monk who is a member of my Lodge, and yes, we are Regular; and I myself was a Buddhist (and a Jew at the same time), and even though I took my vows on the Torah, they still knew that I was at that time a Buddhist and they welcomed me as a brother. On our altar, we have four books for the four different faiths represented in our Lodge: The Christian Bible, The Torah, The Quran, and The Dhammapada (a Buddhist work).

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Buddhists may not believe in a Supreme Being, but they sure believe in Supreme Being.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join