It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rest in Peace

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Not funny - and I'm sorry to hear it.

I'm not a doctor and I am not giving medical advice, but I'd like to share my experiences and a bit of what I've learned. ….I've had excruciating episodic pain since childhood - the last bout was triggered by statins, focused on joints and muscles, went away about 3-6 months after removing the cause. The time before was never really diagnosed - might have been kidney infarction, maybe an arterial dissection - lasted 2 years, went on 24/7. That's what I've been dealing with most of my life. …I used to fantasize about getting a knife, cutting my gut open, and ripping everything out just to make it stop.

I learned about prions in researching my problem and realized I need to treat myself as having prion disease. ….The thing about prions is they use your immune and nervous systems to get around the body - any trauma or infection, it's like the Internet, they're right there, adapting and mutating to infect whatever cell called out for help. ….The best treatment is to stop them from propagating.

And the best prion therapeutics are still natural - green tea; curcumin from curry, cumin or turmeric; sage; and (unnatural) antihistamines and statins. [Note: Statins cause killer fibromyalgia in me - I won't take them. I do take benadryl and ranitidine, but they're not on the list.]

New Inhibitors of Scrapie-Associated Prion Protein Formation in a Library of 2,000 Drugs and Natural Products

Several classes of compounds were represented in the 17 most potent inhibitors, including naturally occurring polyphenols (e.g., tannic acid and tea extracts), phenothiazines, antihistamines, statins, and antimalarial compounds. ...many are either approved human drugs or edible natural products...

...I used to live in almost constant pain - now I don't.

I could blame the corporations and such, but what good would it do?

This isn't about blaming - it's about removing the things that are known to create prions and cause disease, and also, removing the things that promote prion propagation.

We neglect our human civil rights to die. Suicide and euthanasia or "compassion killings" are so taboo and people refuse to talk about it, even though it's sorely obvious that it is something worth considering, because one day you might have to think about it yourself.

I don't advocate suicide - try the stuff I recommend above, meditate, eat right, exercise, and let's talk in 2 or 3 months.

…as far as our "right to die" goes, I don't see any reason to make that a political issue, except to get the "right" to euthanize other people. If I wanted to kill myself, I would just do it. I don't need anyone to give me the "right."

Thanks for your feedback. What I have is not going to be "fixed" in 2 or 3 months. I do all of the above. This will take years to overcome (whatever it is, I am still undiagnosed - but doctors love to tell me that it's "depression". Yes I am depressed and want to kill myself, but only because I am in severe pain that I cannot control).

I am now hoping to go see either a naturopath or a Chinese doctor. My friend told me about a doctor in my city that cured her of her severe fibromyalgia, but it took 2 years of yucky teas and herbs to feel ANY positive effect. After 3 years she was "healed" but still has "flares".

But I need money for that, something I do not have anymore since I lost my job after my accidents. No one wants to hire someone who they "think" are lazy. I look completely fine. I am lucky to have great muscle memory, but because of that everyone thinks I am more than capable of doing anything a young person should be able to do. But I can't do half of the things I love anymore. I can barely lift the dishes to wash them in the sink without excruciating pain... and if I do lift it, my grip probably wont last long. I have broken a lot of dishes lately

But yea, everyone loves to tell me how unproductive and lazy I have become, and how it's "all my doing, life is what you make it!"... because they can't see that I am in constant, moderate to severe pain constantly, every day, every night.

And it's a crime to commit suicide, some people do not believe it is a right. Go try and kill yourself, if someone finds you before the deed, you will be locked up and drugged up against your will because they think you are a danger to yourself.. they won't let you die. Your family will guilt trip you if you bring it up. People see it as a "stupid, selfish" act.

But I definitely learned something new here and will continue to do research on my condition. Now that I have something new to add (prions) maybe I might be able to get a better understanding about what is happening to me.

edit on 14/10/2011 by InnerTruths because: added the part about suicide

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
RE: UPDATE

U.S. Halts Long-Term Care Program

The Obama administration said Friday it is unable to implement a long-term care insurance program that was part of the 2010 health overhaul, effectively ending the program before it started.

The initiative, known as the Class Act, was included in the law to help Americans cover the cost of aid for daily-living needs such as bathing and using the toilet if they became unable to care for themselves. Mounting concerns that the program was too costly over the long run had prompted officials at the Department of Health and Human Services to re-examine the program in recent months. Last month, it fired the program's chief actuary and reassigned other staff.

....Have to say it.

First they came for the Communists,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I wasn’t a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I wasn’t a Jew.
Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me,
and by that time there was no one
left to speak up for me.

~ Rev. Martin Niemoller

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo
Then perhaps the answer lies with a balanced spectrum of complex sugars (which exist in the thousands of differing type, from fruits, to nuts, to vegetables, to herbs, to nutrients, which include milks and egg types, from animals) that are incorporated into a stem cell treatment that will replace the folded, corrupted protiens with fresh, young, healthy cells that did not become corrupted by the induced industrialized toxins that destroyed the original cellular structure via corrupted protiens.

I think you are on to something there. That is not the kinds of foods we are encouraged to eat. Those persons who receive food stamps know that the way to stretch their food budget is buying processed foods with plenty of additives and of questionable origin. It makes one wonder why those foods are so cheap compared to whole and wholesome foods that are not processed and packaged. Is that what "they" want us to eat? Is it part of population control? Create a health crisis and give us the "right to die" as a way out.

Myself, I prefer to buy ingredients and cook my own foods. Of course I have to buy those whole ingredients that are available but that is a step ahead of buying packaged foods, which are difficult to avoid entirely. Even our fresh, wholesome foods now are engineered GM products in many cases. Those of us who can should be growing or raising much of our own food but now we are told we don't have that right. Take the words of the former judge that just signed on with Monsanto.

foodfreedom.wordpress.com...

That any official would approve gene patents is bad enough – discovering nature is not inventing it. But in the Wisconsin case, Judge Fiedler ruled that humans:

■“Do not have a fundamental right to own and use a dairy cow or a dairy herd;”
■“Do not have a fundamental right to consume the milk from their own cow;”
■“Do not have a fundamental right to board their cow at the farm of a farmer;”
■“Do not have a fundamental right to produce and consume the foods of their choice;” and
■Cannot enter into private contracts “outside the scope of the State’s police power.”

Ruling against raw milk forces consumers to drink genetically modified, antibiotic-laden milk from cows fed an unnatural diet of pesticide-loaded feed. No doubt that makes Monsanto a major fan of Patrick Fiedler. His decision was rendered on Sept. 9 and he stepped down from the bench on Sept. 30.

Our medicines are controlled, there are restrictions and restraints against many time-proven herbal remedies that are natural and do not add up to a buck for the pharma folks. They are coming after control of our vitamins and other nutritional supplements and have taken many steps to deprive us of these.

It almost appears those who control our nutritional and medical needs and therefore our lives do not want us to live. The Georgia Guidestones say 500 million for a world population. Who put that up there? Who is taking these thing seriously?

Well, so much for the rules and regulations that govern our lives. Obviously they are not there for our benefit. Soon it is every man for himself. We will have to do what is in our own best interests. There may soon come a time when we can no longer abide with what society demands of us. I want to be cooperative with my fellow man, respectful of my neighbors, and I would love to be law-abiding and do what I am asked by civilizations governing powers. But it is becoming clear that these folks do not want us looking out for ourselves. Am I becoming paranoid or does it seem these folks are planning for our demise?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Hi, Sofi

Beautifuly done informative thread, as always.

S&F

ps. Its also true that those mistery deseases(like Fibromialgia(sp), are due to the environment and its a very real problem for millions, but for many years doctors said it didnt exist!

Its great hearing from you again.
xoxoxo

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Some diseases are still automatically stigmatized due, in my opinion, to the medical industries unwillingness or inability to act on the knowledge that already exists.

For example.... Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), a boon to industry, persists and has been found in the environment, even in Antarctica. This is one of the things that makes humankind ill, I would wager. Then there's mercury.... as in millions upon millions of new 'must have' electric light bulbs; incandescent bulbs aren't as efficient, but at least I didn't have to worry much if one broke. Let's even think about all the wonderful gifts Dow, Monsanto. 3M, BASF, and the rest have blessed local populations with. And the tax-payers foot the bill in healthcare profits for their shareholders, environmental super-funds, and the pathetic situation of having to fight them and your government to make it right.

Imagine the irony... here are the people who industrialized and "progressed' their civilization so that, unlike their distant neighbors, who struggle for food and commodities, we have them in surplus... and in the process of achieving that aim, we sicken ourselves by the very tools we use... but it's profitable... so it's OK.

edit on 14-10-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I am wondering why Cancer is decribed as chronic in a general way, I know medically chronic is a term used for anything lasting for more than several months, but there are so many chronic diseases that can be prevalent far longer that Cancer, and that there are many protein deficient (to the genetic makeup) diseases that are genetically conveyed from one generation to another that result in physical and mental disability. That alone makes me wonder how they equate their findings in % mortality rates of all deaths, that can't be be. Then there are deaths from prescribed pharmaceuticals, far bigger as a percentage than any one other cause of death, and with different reasons in that catagory alone. The WHO has been around for a long time now, (1948) a lot of the 'bad stuff'' has been known about for a long time and it makes you wonder how much they could have prevented in times gone by.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Thanks to Big Pharma and the politicians they bought.
Prolonging disease is much more profitable than curing.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

At some point... Inevitably, mankind will become immune to organic invasions, as it will become impossible for these genetic traits to corrupt our hard coded gene pool... either that, or if indeed it still has relevance, we'll find a way to 'back up' our good gene set, and then over write the genetically corrupted malignancy with the very same back up...

You're assuming the gene is king - but proteins are…

...it has always been accepted that folded protein, not the gene, directly transmits inherited information into biological activity.

...At least the referenced article might help continue the demise of the genomics era so we can return to the study of disease, and not merely focus on the inheritance of stored information.

More importantly, it really looks like prions are the primary mechanism for "evolution." …."The Prion Problem" is real - but may be ill-defined: it actually might be "The Prion Solution." Prions cause disease, yes, but they also can be good guys. One of the oldest known prion diseases is sickle-cell disease - caused by conformation problems with the hemoglobin protein. …The same protein conformational "problem" that causes sickle-cell disease also protects carriers from debilitating malarial infections.

I don't think some of this is accurate. And the off site content you posted was someone's comment from the article, which is a little odd.

DNA is "read" by an enzyme which then creates a protein, aka RNA. So yes, protein is king, but it's the DNA that is transcribed that makes the protein.

Sickle cell anemia isn't a prion disease. Sickle cell anemia isn't contagious for one. Just because an illness involves oddities in a protein, which in Sickle cell anemia's case stems from the *DNA*, doesn't make it a prion disease.

Googling "prion sickle cell", another thread of yours comes up 3rd, hmm.
edit on 15-10-2011 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

But THE leading reason for cancer is still increased life expectancy.

That's the line - and it totally ignores the pandemic of childhood cancers, not to mention all the other ones hitting people in their prime of life, like prostate cancer.

The average age at the time of diagnosis is 70

en.wikipedia.org...

Prime of life at 70 huh, interesting.

And then in this thread you go on to say AIDS is a prion disease, which I assume you mean HIV since your "source" was referring to it; HIV is NOT a prion disease! Caused by a virus, NOT a prion!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would hope people pretending to know what they are talking about concerning health would at least have taken a college microbiology class.
edit on 15-10-2011 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Turq1

Originally posted by Turq1

At some point... Inevitably, mankind will become immune to organic invasions, as it will become impossible for these genetic traits to corrupt our hard coded gene pool... either that, or if indeed it still has relevance, we'll find a way to 'back up' our good gene set, and then over write the genetically corrupted malignancy with the very same back up...

You're assuming the gene is king - but proteins are…

...it has always been accepted that folded protein, not the gene, directly transmits inherited information into biological activity.

...At least the referenced article might help continue the demise of the genomics era so we can return to the study of disease, and not merely focus on the inheritance of stored information.

More importantly, it really looks like prions are the primary mechanism for "evolution." …."The Prion Problem" is real - but may be ill-defined: it actually might be "The Prion Solution." Prions cause disease, yes, but they also can be good guys. One of the oldest known prion diseases is sickle-cell disease - caused by conformation problems with the hemoglobin protein. …The same protein conformational "problem" that causes sickle-cell disease also protects carriers from debilitating malarial infections.

I don't think some of this is accurate. And the off site content you posted was someone's comment from the article, which is a little odd.

The article is pertinent; the comment is pointed, "folded protein, not the gene, directly transmits inherited information into biological activity." Space is limited. But as you insist, how 'bout this one? It says protein folding is called "the second genetic code."

…..in the early 1960s, Christian Anfinsen showed that the proteins actually tie themselves: If proteins become un-folded, they fold back into proper shape of their own accord; no shaper or folder is needed. …..Anfinsen’s investigation of what some call ‘the second genetic code’…..

Protein Misfolding Diseases: Current and Emerging Principles and Therapies

And again, I go with the idea that prions are a fundamental mechanism for adaptation and evolution. As Susan Lindquist says,

….the protein-folding problem isn’t always a problem. The very same types of misfoldings that cause dreadful diseases in some circumstances can have beneficial effects in others. The protein-folding problem is as ancient as life itself; it makes sense that evolution would occasionally, perhaps even often, use it to advantage.

DNA is "read" by an enzyme which then creates a protein, aka RNA. So yes, protein is king, but it's the DNA that is transcribed that makes the protein.

The process is easily disrupted - and over-ridden or over-written by prions, at least. ….Prions hijack normal folding, and initiate a 'misfolding process' in its place - thus creating a 'different' protein with the same chemical make-up but different shape, function and physiological effect.

In this light, we could say DNA is responsible for the chemical transcription, but proteins determine their own shape, function and physiological effect - "proteins actually tie themselves: If proteins become un-folded, they fold back into proper shape of their own accord; no shaper or folder is needed" - thus, the designation "second genetic code."

Prions, aka "proteinaceous infectious particles" - disrupt folding, not chemistry.

Sickle cell anemia isn't a prion disease. Sickle cell anemia isn't contagious for one. Just because an illness involves oddities in a protein, which in Sickle cell anemia's case stems from the *DNA*, doesn't make it a prion disease.

As I stipulated, I use "prion" in its original meaning - "proteinaceous infectious particle". …Officially, the only protein misfolding diseases called "prion diseases" involve misfolding of the (newly named) "prion protein" in the brain. A bit of verbal sleight-of-hand that naming.
….Other diseases resulting from infectious misfolded proteins aka prions, or "proteinaceous infectious particles," are called by other names like "protein misfolding diseases," "tauopathies," "proteinopathies" and "proteopathies."

Sickle cell disease is recognized as a proteopathy, resulting from misfolding of the hemoglobin protein.

FYI - Infectious does not mean contagious - Infectious misfolded proteins are infectious to similar proteins inside the body. As I also clarified. In the 3rd paragraph of the OP.

..........continued...........
edit on 15/10/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Turq1

............continued from above.................

Also FYI - Prion diseases first occur spontaneously or "sporadically," then may modify the genetic code to become a "genetic" disease. The evidence suggests inheritable genetic modifications only happen when the mutation also confers benefits. ….In the case of sickle cell disease, the benefit is resistance to malaria.

But THE leading reason for cancer is still increased life expectancy.

That's the line - and it totally ignores the pandemic of childhood cancers, not to mention all the other ones hitting people in their prime of life, like prostate cancer.

The average age at the time of diagnosis is 70

en.wikipedia.org...

Prime of life at 70 huh, interesting.

Childhood cancers are pandemic - not a situation to dismiss.

…."Time of diagnosis" does not equal "time of infection" - it's well-known that prion diseases take decades to develop acute symptoms. Which is why its been a "hidden pandemic" til now - but Wiki's out of date by a few years - prostate cancer is now 'common' in American men over 50. ….The early cell changes associated with prostate cancer involve a range of symptoms including infertility and erectile dysfunction - which I'm sure you'll agree are pandemic, although less sensational.

Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in American men, and in most men it grows very slowly.

Prostate cancer is…. one of the most common types of cancer diagnosed in American men, over the age of 50. ….Theoretically, all men are at risk for developing prostate cancer. The likelihood of getting this form of cancer increases with age, with 50 years as a good time to get screened. For African American men, or those genetically predisposed to the cancer, screening should begin at age 45, or earlier, depending on the circumstances.

Prostate Cancer, (PCa), is the most common cancer in men in the US today. In 1997, there were 240,000 newly discovered cases and about 40,000 deaths.

The disease is rare before age 40. The incidence rises with age, and by age 80, 70+% of men will have prostate cancer, although the aggressiveness of the disease decreases with late age of onset.

And then in this thread you go on to say AIDS is a prion disease, which I assume you mean HIV since your "source" was referring to it; HIV is NOT a prion disease! Caused by a virus, NOT a prion!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your information is not current. You really should follow the links. The "AIDS" reference was linked to this thread: Gamers Unlock Protein Mystery That Baffled AIDS Researchers For Years

I would hope people pretending to know what they are talking about concerning health would at least have taken a college microbiology class.

And I would hope those who condemn would at least read the text and check the references they presume to denounce.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Thanks and hey, hi back! Good to hear from you too.

Its also true that those mistery deseases(like Fibromialgia(sp), are due to the environment and its a very real problem for millions, but for many years doctors said it didnt exist!

True. Many things cause proteins to misfold - including:

* radiation exposure (including medical testing and food irradiation),
* temperature changes (like in food processing and drug manufacture),
* reactive chemicals (common pollution and contaminants, industrial activities, pesticides, etc),
* molecules (in pollution for example),
* heavy metals (now commonly concentrated in various places in our world),
* oxygen (when metabolism mucks up), and
* osmotic (ie., contact with infectious misfolded proteins).

...Point being, there are many paths to the same place - and our world has created uncountable pathways that lead to protein misfolding. Then there are the factors that promote prion propagation, like inflammation.

I can't over-stress the importance of using things like turmeric and cumin (for the curcumin), sage, and also cinnamon and aspirin for inflammation.

Again, prions of different strains seem to compete with one another, so variety is key - the more different prions there are in your body, the better off you are.

...Beyond that, focus on inhibiting propagation

The best prion therapeutics are still natural - green tea; curcumin from curry, cumin or turmeric; sage; and (unnatural) antihistamines and statins. [Note: Statins cause killer fibromyalgia in me - I won't take them. I do take benadryl and ranitidine, but they're not on the list.]

New Inhibitors of Scrapie-Associated Prion Protein Formation in a Library of 2,000 Drugs and Natural Products

Several classes of compounds were represented in the 17 most potent inhibitors, including naturally occurring polyphenols (e.g., tannic acid and tea extracts), phenothiazines, antihistamines, statins, and antimalarial compounds. ...many are either approved human drugs or edible natural products...

Also - inflammation and oxidation help prions propagate. Go with anti-inflammatories whenever you can - like cinnamon, aspirin. Same with antioxidants - Vitamin C is king.

.....And try not to stress about it - stress is a killer, and actually can create prions. Really.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Imagine the irony... here are the people who industrialized and "progressed' their civilization so that, unlike their distant neighbors, who struggle for food and commodities, we have them in surplus... and in the process of achieving that aim, we sicken ourselves by the very tools we use... but it's profitable... so it's OK.

Just thought that was worth repeating.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I am wondering why Cancer is decribed as chronic in a general way, I know medically chronic is a term used for anything lasting for more than several months, but ...

The first time I saw cancer described as a "chronic disease" was in a Time-Life health book around 2000 (can't put my hands on it right now). ...Stopped me in my tracks, that's for sure. I suspect there's a lot about cancer "they" are not telling us.

.....there are many protein deficient (to the genetic makeup) diseases that are genetically conveyed from one generation to another that result in physical and mental disability.

A lot of prion/protein diseases arise spontaneously and then are passed on, sometimes by altering DNA.

....makes me wonder how they equate their findings in % mortality rates of all deaths, that can't be be.

I doubt their stats are flawed. Besides, the issue isn't mortality rates - it's mainly long term disability and cost of same. The global corporate rulers don't want to pick up the tab. Even though they caused the NCD Pandemic.

The WHO has been around for a long time now, (1948) a lot of the 'bad stuff'' has been known about for a long time and it makes you wonder how much they could have prevented in times gone by.

Oh yeah, a lot of the 'bad stuff'' has been known about for a VERY long time. As far as I know, the first time they acknowledged that these 'spontaneous' diseases could be passed on genetically was 1938 - a disease called fibromuscular dysplasia.

...The history dates back before LaMarck - who was reviled until just recently, with the "discovery" of epigenetic inheritance.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

If you did some research you would see that cancer rites have tripled if not more over the last few decades.
What do you think causes this increase?? Even children today are dying from cancer and other disorders that was unheard of in such young persons.
The truth is that we are being poisoned through both food, vaccines and medicine.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Read a book a while back written by Ben Elton where he wrote about toxic overload of the planet.

Looks like we are there.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Soficrow, I happened upon this article today, and thought you might be interested in reading it.

Pertaining to your topic.

Link stratrisks.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

Re: UK Kevorkian Politics: Elderly patients condemned to early death by secret use of do not resuscitate orders

It's happening everywhere. ...The marketing strategy says the world is overpopulated, the NCD Pandemic is an "economic issue, not a health issue," and sick people, especially old sick people, are "useless eaters" who cost too much money - so they gotta go.

Governments are over a barrel. Global corporations run the show now - they took the reins during the "Global Economic Crisis." .... Following the September WHO Summit on the NCD Pandemic, where the WEF insisted the pandemic is an "economic issue, not a health issue," the US terminated the planned -and necessary- Long Term Care program. Britain's cutting social health programs, and moving to privatize the NHS.

How long before euthanasia policies bridge the gaps? And what policies might be "economically necessary" after that, given that only the young, healthy, appropriately ambitious -and preferably male- have any hope of earning a decent living?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join