It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy San Diego...Pushing, Shoving, Pepper Spray, Oh My !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
In some kind on Nationwide coordinated sweep. Cops begin to dismantle the protesters camp.

Protesters with linked arms at Occupy San Diego Friday morning, as police prepared to clear tents and materials from the area.

SAN DIEGO — Tensions were escalating at the Occupy San Diego movement Friday as police faced off with protesters to clear the remaining two tents from the downtown Civic Center concourse. Witnesses said at least three protesters were pepper-sprayed shortly before noon when officers went to grab the tents, around which protesters had formed a protective circle.

This has the potential to get very ugly. The Cops seem to be getting impatient.

A day earlier, police had told the protesters to pack up their tents, tables and chairs by midnight, but officers didn’t move in until seven-and-a-half hours after the deadline. Early in the morning, police arrested a man identified by protesters as Daniel Martines on suspicion of resisting officers. About 150 or so protesters who were gathered nearby seemed more willing to comply with police demands at the time.

One man already arrested. Rumors of more arrests are swirling. A man died at this protest last
week. They are still trying to figure out why he fell off an eight story parking structure.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Authorities said they acted ahead of a World of Dance Tour event at the concourse Saturday. The performers planned to practice at the site Friday. Also Friday, small groups of protesters watched over food, water and other supplies that had been moved to several other sites around the city in anticipation of the crackdown at the Civic Center.

They are in the process of moving the protesters now. I have been reading the tweets coming out of the protest.

They claim the police are now using pepper spray with lots of pushing and shoving.

“We’re going to have to start giving them warnings,” he said. “We’re going to give them ample time to remove everything. “We are here to preserve their right to a peaceful demonstration, but this is public property,” he said. “It’s a heavy tourist area. It has to be open and accessible to all of the public.”

I guess your first blast of pepper spray is your Warning.

You can follow the live tweets from the link below.

Occupy San Diego (with live tweets)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

“We are here to preserve their right to a peaceful demonstration, but this is public property,”

That makes absolutely no sense.

Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't public property is what is supposed to be used to peaceably assemble? Or do we have to own our own plot of land and protest on that so nobody can see us?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I guess that the protesters are not part of the public that is using the public sidewalks/concourse? What? Are they not citizens? Just because they are using the area for a longer amount of time than the average tourist does not make them not a part of the 'public.' Oh, but I guess that San Diego needs to get their tourist dollars flowing again.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
cAN SOMEONE OVERRIDE ALL THE RADIO CHANNELS AND BROAD CAST pROTEST now FOR 2 SECONDS DURING RUSH hOUR IN SAN DIEGO?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

The Cops seem to be getting impatient.

I'd say the opposite.

A day earlier, police had told the protesters to pack up their tents, tables and chairs by midnight, but officers didn’t move in until seven-and-a-half hours after the deadline.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I was going by the live tweets at the time.

At the end of the day...The cops got it right.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

I'd say the opposite.

A day earlier, police had told the protesters to pack up their tents, tables and chairs by midnight, but officers didn’t move in until seven-and-a-half hours after the deadline.

Yep. Because the criminal gang member thugs waited over seven and half hours after their threat of a turf war to actually begin that turf war, this is a sign of patience. Sigh.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Originally posted by Domo1

I'd say the opposite.

Yep. Because the criminal gang member thugs waited over seven and half hours after their threat of a turf war to actually begin that turf war, this is a sign of patience. Sigh.

Well, Nobody got hurt...

For awhile I guess it was pretty dicey though.

I went down early on for a peak....I was just unmoved.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

If you mean "hurt" as in no broken bones or torn flesh, this is not the only form of injury that exists. Extortion and coercion are a crime because of the injury they cause. Having rights denied and disparaged is injury.

I have not, by any stretch of the imagination, been a supporter of this so called "Occupy" movement, but I sure as hell am no supporter of thuggery and abuse of power either.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I have not, by any stretch of the imagination, been a supporter of this so called "Occupy" movement, but I sure as hell am no supporter of thuggery and abuse of power either.

I do not think we could agree more.

I'm not a big supporter of thuggery and abuse of power either.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Just found this video of a Pit Bull chewing on an American Flag at Occupy San Diego.

Sorry, but these idiots do not represent me...

edit on 26-10-2011 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join