It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama orders U.S. troops to help chase down African 'army' leader

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Im sorry but it is joke to hold up Gadhaffi as a bastion of anything unless it is police states. I have lived and worked in Libya. I have experienced at first hand the terror that people lived under; people disappearing (literally), people not wanting to talk to westerners as soon as they notice the spotters watching them, the list goes on and on.

I supported intervention in Libya and i definitely support any one who wishes to go after the LRA. Any group that encourages child soldiers, often making them harm family members to prove loyalty, indulges in rapes of entire towns and goes round giving "long sleeves or short sleeves" deserves everything that is coming to it.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Ft Campbell has been sending soldiers to Africa since Obama came to power. They've been flying into Kenya and been deployed into Uganda and South Africa that I've been told.

A family member that repairs storm damaged roofs told me what he's been hearing over there. They don't mind saying where they've been but they won't talk about what's going on over there.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Found the reason. Guess why? (It's more of a who...) Wait for it...Wait for it...Wait for it...Soros!

You can't make this up folks!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
I have no comment on Obama being a war monger as im not American.

What i will say is check out the LRA and the sorts of acts they perpetrate. They are responsible for some of the most abhorent acts in recent human history. In my mind its fair play to go after this particular bunch
Then let the SAS go after him. America is in enough military situations.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Look past the obvious; oil. You're missing the bigger hidden picture. Big Bush, jr and their oil cronies own ungodly amounts of properties on the biggest aquifers in the americas, N and S. Now obama has to keep up with the jones so to speak. Libya has geographic claims to the worlds largest aquifer and by all rights a modern marvel of extraction; "great, man-made river project." Now coincidently troops, I mean, advisors in this latest kinetic military action, just happen to be in the country that has the largest freshwater lake in the world next to lake superior.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Chad_Thomas89

The SAS and Paras have been active in Africa for decades, running all sorts of operations. However, in some countries, for obvious colonial reasons, it is difficult for these forces to operate.

Sierra Leone is a prime example of this.....

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

A quote from The Theory and Practice of Oligarchical Collectivism, by Emmanuel Goldstein, is the fictional book from George Orwell's 1984.. in it there is a section that read War is Peace.

"Hence "the war" is actually "waged by each ruling group against its own subjects, and the object of the war is not to make or prevent conquests of territory, but to keep the structure of society intact", therefore, war is peace."

So if President Obama is truly the man he said he was before his hopes for higher office that is now forgotten about if brought up in certain circles. then yes he want as many wars as he can get. what better way to take total power that if the military has got enough strenght to prevent it. ashame Obama never got that home guard or whatever he called it up and running. you know he said he want a youth base group to protect the streets with the same firepower as the military.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Bump for the whole 100 troops sent to apprehend Kony. 100. Yes, a whole 100. So if they had oil, multiply that number by 200,000

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by DavidsHope
Well here it goes again. 911 USA. This guy is doing everything he can to divert attention from all the problems right here at home. Holder Cover up. Solyndra cover up.etc. I am sure if we dig deep enough we will find there has already been troops on the ground there and the announcement just happened to help counter all the negative things happening at home. [just my take but then it is a conspiracy site]
Is this guy for real? Does he really think we are that stupid?

Attack Obama if you want but he is doing just what he has been told by the military. Obama is just the mouth piece for the Council of 9. The real puppet masters and controllers behind the scene.
It's easy to make Obama the scapegoat for blood rituals being performed by shadows and thieves.

It's complicated....and nothing is as it seems on the surface.
edit on 14-10-2011 by whaaa because: code blu9

Let me guess.

Kissinger,Soros,Gates and Rockefellers are on the council of 9.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Probably Rangers and a couple of Green Beret groups to advise and protect assets. Of course the groups will be organized , trained , and lead into battle by a member of the group.

Figure 10 or so Green Berets , and the rest Rangers. Rangers will ensure asset safety (Facilitiy).
edit on 7-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
He's been so successful with the drones why is he sending troops?

I really believe it's a sad situation and our concern is being played on to met some other agenda. Someone is taking advantage of this sad situation and unfortnately I'm afraid it will not benefit the ones being victimized in the end...All we can do is wait and see what outcome we get fed.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Yeah, we've had people in that region for awhile. Africom has been around for years. It does not surprise me mr. Obama sent in troops, ever since 9/11 we have been given almost a carte Blanche to go into a country and take out "bad guys".

I am waiting to see if they find this kony guy and try him in a court of law or if they just execute him on the spot. The way things have been going i am gonna guess this guy will never see a day in court.

As far as us being in that region for "other purposes" I do not doubt it, all you have to do is read "heart of darkness" to know the history of colonial imperialism in that region.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by relocator
He's been so successful with the drones why is he sending troops?

I really believe it's a sad situation and our concern is being played on to met some other agenda. Someone is taking advantage of this sad situation and unfortnately I'm afraid it will not benefit the ones being victimized in the end...All we can do is wait and see what outcome we get fed.

Its most likely harder to acquire and hunt targets in a tropical climate compared to a dry ME climate.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
So let me get this straight.. He's sending troops after a blood thirsty madman that rapes, pillages and later enslaves for sex or brainwashes to fight for him..

You guys have a problem with this?

I normally disagree with sending troops anywhere or going to war anywhere... This guy though.. he needs to be taken down..

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Oh really...well then what do we have here:

This may offer a cost-effective way of counting wildlife over difficult terrain," Stuart Pimm, an ecologist at Duke University who runs the conservation non-profit Saving Species, told mongabay.com. "Having imagery of far higher resolution than from satellites is essential for such work and it offers a viable alternative in places where helicopter or plane costs are too high."

There are also scenarios where a drones can be an alternative to satellite imagery.

"Low-cost drones can be an effective alternative to satellite images for mapping the landscape," Koh told mongabay.com. "In fact, drones can perform better than satellite data in cases where an area needs to be mapped in real-time and repeatedly."

Source

And this isn't even military....

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Its 100 troops in 4 countries to share intel and help coordinate local forces who will be doing the job. They tried this before with the US just providing intel but as you can guess with 4 countries who are not used to joint operations it was a hot mess and got nothing done. This time they want to have someone who knows how to coordinate such an operation. And of course this was ordered by Congress and supported by both parties and Obama because the LRA is true collection of murdering scum.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

So, having a secure region won't help with Oil development?

Months of unseemly wrangles have delayed Uganda's much-touted oil production but now it is set to begin.

Tullow Oil, a spectacularly successful oil exploration company that has discovered large reserves in Uganda and Ghana in recent years, says that it has signed production sharing agreements with Uganda's government paving the way for a $10 billion investment in the country's nascent oil industry. The next step will be for Tullow, a relatively small company (in the multi-billion dollar world of oil), to finalize its new partnership with France's Total and China's CNOOC that will enable the building of a refinery and an export pipeline from the Lake Albert oil fields.

It is estimated there may be as much 2.5 billion barrels of oil, enough crude to supply all of Uganda's domestic needs with more left over for export to neighboring countries.

www.globalpost.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by MrSpad

So, having a secure region won't help with Oil development?

Months of unseemly wrangles have delayed Uganda's much-touted oil production but now it is set to begin.

Tullow Oil, a spectacularly successful oil exploration company that has discovered large reserves in Uganda and Ghana in recent years, says that it has signed production sharing agreements with Uganda's government paving the way for a $10 billion investment in the country's nascent oil industry. The next step will be for Tullow, a relatively small company (in the multi-billion dollar world of oil), to finalize its new partnership with France's Total and China's CNOOC that will enable the building of a refinery and an export pipeline from the Lake Albert oil fields.

It is estimated there may be as much 2.5 billion barrels of oil, enough crude to supply all of Uganda's domestic needs with more left over for export to neighboring countries.

www.globalpost.com...

Sure if oil is found its aways good to have it in stable region. That however does not change the history of the TLA and its long reign of murder and rape in the region.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join