It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama orders U.S. troops to help chase down African 'army' leader

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Interesting to note Lord's Resistance Army is a Christian Army Fighting against the Radicals in there country.

You get the most uneducated statement of the week award for that comment. Congrats!! Educate yourself before you let those kind of comments fly. The LRA are the radicals.

That being said, we should not be putting US boots on the ground in yet another bloody theater of combat. Just fighting another unseen enemy on their turf. Just like Afghanistan. You never know who is trying to kill you.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Kill christians..racist muslims are the reason a friend of mine from sudan had to flee.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It's just another small step to increase the US footprint in Africa. Notice LRA activity stretches out into neighboring countries.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Heard that this morning, it seems that there was legislation passed by overwhelming bipartisan support that cleared the way for this latest move with the military.

The news folks were sent scrambling as this was dumped on their lap on Friday afternoon, I need to find out where to subscribe to the White House's Friday document release, there has been some jaw dropping material lately

I understand that this Kony guy is bad news, but I still can't help but think that this effort is to just clear the way for big oil to be able to move in safety as they start to exploit the oil & gas reserves in this region of the continent.

This latest from MSNBC tries to show why this is happening:

Political payback behind US special forces deployment to Uganda?

...Some experts believe that the U.S. military advisers sent to Uganda could be a reward for the U.S.-funded Ugandan troops service in Somalia.
"I've been hearing that. I don't know if our group necessarily agrees with that, but it definitely would make sense," said Matt Brown, a spokesman for the Enough Project, a U.S. group working to end genocide and crimes against humanity, especially in central Africa...

edit on Sat, 15 Oct 2011 11:00:47 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: sp

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Coupled with this:

The Obama administration is assembling a constellation of secret drone bases for counterterrorism operations in the Horn of Africa and the Arabian Peninsula as part of a newly aggressive campaign to attack al-Qaeda affiliates in Somalia and Yemen, U.S. officials said.

U.S. assembling secret drone bases in Africa, Arabian Peninsula, officials say

I would say,our Commander in Chief is preparing for even more WAR.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Very interesting Jib!
Did you read who sponsors them?

International Coalition for the Responsibility to Protect c/o World Federalist Movement - Institute for Global Policy

World Federalist Movement. Nice, huh?
Remember this video where Walter Cronkite wins a "World governance award"?

No conspiracy here, keep moving along folks.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

"We hire a lot of Ugandans to work with our military, so it's in our interest that they're familiar with the American military. It's also in our interest that Africa doesn't devolve into a stateless mess under the control of a religious cult, like Afghanistan. "

Huh?.."our military" ..lol.. now thats a laugh.. almost as funny as the pro govt pamphlet propaganda screed about 'our' interests 7248.6 Miles from US soil.. suuuuuurreeee "we" do, someone on TV said so it's gotta be true.

We dont have a military.. oligarch banker thugs do, built with fake money that will be taken from "us", "our" kids "their" kids.. that's the only "we" part of this bad joke I can see.

..and talk about rank inflated hypocrisy.. this nonsense about it being a good thing that will save innocent lives and stabilize..loool.. hilarious!!.. look around, sending in troops doesn't work.. the message is clear: Americans will turn your living standards into Iraq / Libya: apocalyptic squalor.

If Americans want to stop innocent people from suffering abroad, protect innocent strangers from lunatic tyrant murderers.. don't vote GOP or DNC.. they have caused more misery and destabilization that all Tarzan boogie man tribes combined.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Its all coming together now!!

After Obama announced earlier this week that he would be sending American troops into Uganda, WND uncovered billionaire activist George Soros' ties both to the political pressure behind the decision and to the African nation's fledgling oil industry.

Soros sits on the executive board of an influential "crisis management organization" that recently recommended the U.S. deploy a special advisory military team to Uganda to help with operations and run an intelligence platform, a recommendation Obama's action seems to fulfill.

The president emeritus of that organization, the International Crisis Group, is also the principal author of "Responsibility to Protect," the military doctrine used by Obama to justify the U.S.-led NATO campaign in Libya.

Soros' own Open Society Institute is one of only three nongovernmental funders of the Global Centre for Responsibility to Protect, a doctrine that has been cited many times by activists urging intervention in Uganda.

Authors and advisers of the Responsibility to Protect doctrine, including a center founded and led by Samantha Power, the National Security Council special adviser to Obama on human rights, also helped to found the International Criminal Court.

Soros has oil interests in Uganda

A 2008 national oil and gas policy, proposed with aid from a Soros-funded group, was supposed to be a general road map for the handling and use of the oil. However, the policy's recommendations have been largely ignored, with critics accusing Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni of corruption and of tightening his grip on the African country's emerging oil sector.

Soros himself has been closely tied to oil and other interests in Uganda.

In 2008, the Soros-funded Revenue Watch Institute brought together stakeholders from Uganda and other East African countries to discuss critical governance issues, including the formation of what became Uganda's national oil and gas policy.

In April 2010 Soros' International Crisis Group, or ICG, released a report sent to the White House and key lawmakers advising the U.S. military run special operations in Uganda to seek Kony's capture.

The report states, "To the U.S. government: Deploy a team to the theatre of operations to run an intelligence platform that centralizes all operational information from the Ugandan and other armies, as well as the U.N. and civilian networks, and provides analysis to the Ugandans to better target military operations."

Since 2008 the U.S. has been providing financial aid in the form of military equipment to Uganda and the other regional countries to fight Kony's LRA, but Obama's new deployment escalates the direct U.S. involvement.

All Soros, All The time!! His right to penetrate foreign nations

Soros himself outlined the fundamentals of Responsibility to Protect in a 2004 Foreign Policy magazine article titled "The People's Sovereignty: How a New Twist on an Old Idea Can Protect the World's Most Vulnerable Populations."

In the article Soros said, "True sovereignty belongs to the people, who in turn delegate it to their governments."

"If governments abuse the authority entrusted to them and citizens have no opportunity to correct such abuses, outside interference is justified," Soros wrote. "By specifying that sovereignty is based on the people, the international community can penetrate nation-states' borders to protect the rights of citizens.

All this and our President is fully on board and has surrounded himself with direct connections to Soros and his litany of attached and intertwined organizations.

Read more: Soros leaves fingerprintson Obama's Uganda plan www.wnd.com...

This evidence of a Soros connection and influence on Obama's administration is irrefutable. Same with the evidence connecting him to the worldwide Occupy movement. I guess he is just hoping that countries like Spain, Greece and Italy will become so unstable that his RTP/UN troops will have to intervene.

edit on 15-10-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
reply to post by jibeho

Heard that this morning, it seems that there was legislation passed by overwhelming bipartisan support that cleared the way for this latest move with the military.

The news folks were sent scrambling as this was dumped on their lap on Friday afternoon, I need to find out where to subscribe to the White House's Friday document release, there has been some jaw dropping material lately

I understand that this Kony guy is bad news, but I still can't help but think that this effort is to just clear the way for big oil to be able to move in safety as they start to exploit the oil & gas reserves in this region of the continent.

This latest from MSNBC tries to show why this is happening:

Political payback behind US special forces deployment to Uganda?

...Some experts believe that the U.S. military advisers sent to Uganda could be a reward for the U.S.-funded Ugandan troops service in Somalia.
"I've been hearing that. I don't know if our group necessarily agrees with that, but it definitely would make sense," said Matt Brown, a spokesman for the Enough Project, a U.S. group working to end genocide and crimes against humanity, especially in central Africa...

edit on Sat, 15 Oct 2011 11:00:47 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: sp

Wow, people will not take any humanitarian effort by gov at face value. Going into africa was long overdue, wasnt it? Obama is sure planning some world police drone thing and Africa is a big step. Cant imagine it being oil-driven since Obama's mindset is to chase green energy.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight
Wow, people will not take any humanitarian effort by gov at face value. Going into africa was long overdue, wasnt it? Obama is sure planning some world police drone thing and Africa is a big step. Cant imagine it being oil-driven since Obama's mindset is to chase green energy.

Are you being sarcastic?

There is nothing humanitarian about war. Sending in special forces "advisors" to take out a target in a foreign country is about securing national interests in foreign land.

Obama has a green energy mindset? Couldn't be oil driven? Riiiiight

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
reply to post by pirhanna

Maybe oil again?

Sudan

Uganda

Kenya

oil indeed. www.informationclearinghouse.info...

I mean, this # is so predicatable..

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
If you want to see what the LRA does you can just watch the documentary Invisible Children, it goes into some detail the things that group does.

Here's a shorter clip on the LRA as well.

I don't see this as a bad move considering that group should have been taken down years ago. Typically, the US goes to war over the bigger things and lets the smaller atrocities, which would be relatively easy to dismantle, go unnoticed.

Yeah, "policing the world" is not a good policy, but in this case I think there's an exception. How some can complain about this move, pretty odd really. If we want to keep whatever image we have left on the world stage, you can't let stuff like this go freely.
edit on 16-10-2011 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

And if you wanna know who and what are involved:.(See below)
Abovetopsecret.com

edit on 16-10-2011 by Daedal because: Error

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1
I don't see this as a bad move considering that group should have been taken down years ago. Typically, the US goes to war over the bigger things and lets the smaller atrocities, which would be relatively easy to dismantle, go unnoticed.

Yeah, "policing the world" is not a good policy, but in this case I think there's an exception. How some can complain about this move, pretty odd really. If we want to keep whatever image we have left on the world stage, you can't let stuff like this go freely.

There are no exceptions! The Americans are not world police!

This is what the UN and its peacekeeping forces are for. This is what the African Union's forces are for. What does the US have to do with African affairs?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

That is a good question and one that has been answered IMO to some degree with the implementation of the LRA Crisis Tracker and Africom solidifying it's grip through this network of humanitarianism aid guise.
Source

Also the current Middle East issues concerning Iraq,Palestine,Syria,Egypt,Libya,and other surrounding states which are seeing revolutions form is a Zionist Strategy being used to create instability in Arab States.Oded Yinon authored the strategy.I will post two links that will provide information into the nature of the strategy.
The Yinon Plan (See source below)

The Yinon Plan, which is a continuation of British stratagem in the Middle East, is an Israeli strategic plan to ensure Israeli superiority. It insists and stipulates that Israel must reconfigure its geo-political environment through the balkanization of the Middle Eastern and Arab states into smaller and weaker states.
Israeli strategists viewed Iraq as their biggest strategic challenge from an Arab state. This is why Iraq was outlined as the centerpiece to the balkanization of the Middle East and the Arab World. In Iraq, on the basis of the concepts of the Yinon Plan, Israeli strategists have called for the division of Iraq into a Kurdish state and two Arab states, one for Shiite Muslims and the other for Sunni Muslims. The first step towards establishing this was a war between Iraq and Iran, which the Yinon Plan discusses.

Source

Here's an interesting pdf:
Source

edit on 16-10-2011 by Daedal because: Error

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

This is what the UN and its peacekeeping forces are for. This is what the African Union's forces are for. What does the US have to do with African affairs?

That's fine and dandy and everything, but surely within the 23 years the LRA has been around one of the above mentioned could have acted to stop it.
edit on 17-10-2011 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight

Are you being sarcastic?

There is nothing humanitarian about war. Sending in special forces "advisors" to take out a target in a foreign country is about securing national interests in foreign land.

Obama has a green energy mindset? Couldn't be oil driven? Riiiiight

his national interest is to make africa safe so Al qaeda wont seek sanctuary there with the likes of kony.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
The US has been sending SF personnel to places like this since GWOT started. No secret there, but Obama could've shut up about this.

My friend has been in Kenya since 2004. He said you wouldn't believe how much money the Chinese are dumping into Africa. Why doesn't anyone on ATS seem to have any problems with the obvious buying of influence the Chinese are doing all over the world?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

That's fine and dandy and everything, but surely within the 23 years the LRA has been around one of the above mentioned could have acted to stop it.
edit on 17-10-2011 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

Why hasn't the UN stepped in to help Africa? Because the UN is basically run by the US and other Western corporate interests. Africa is a major production colony for Western empires. For instance, look at coffee. Africans harvest coffee for cents compared to the dollars that Western corporations sell it for. This leaves African farmers in complete poverty. They try to unionize and corporate-backed thugs threaten and hurt them while their Western-backed governments do nothing.

Why hasn't the African Union done much? Because they are suppressed by Western corporate and strategic interests. Gaddafi was a top advocate for a united and strong Africa, and look at what the West did to him.

DuneKnight-
his national interest is to make africa safe so Al qaeda wont seek sanctuary there with the likes of kony.

Al-Qaeda. 9/11. Terrorism.

Is that all that the sheep can say?

jerico65-
Why doesn't anyone on ATS seem to have any problems with the obvious buying of influence the Chinese are doing all over the world?

Probably because I don't believe that China has any intention of controlling and exploiting the world for its own national interests. China is investing in Africa with cash? Better than bombs and assassination squads.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

You answered your own question.

Nothing gets done regarding the U.N. until one of the main powers backing it picks up the reigns and actually puts their flag in the field.

What it boils down to is that we have the power and capability to project our force and influence - and we will do so in accordance with our interests.

That is, basically, the way it works. Honestly, you should be glad the most corrupt of our interests may be the pursuit of energy and setting up oil wells in other countries (God Forbid those people do anything other than farm drugs under duress from various war and drug lords or get forced into wars over diamonds).

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join