It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Wall Street vs Tea Party...The proof is in the polls!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Occupy Wall Street already more popular in its early stages than the Tea Party ever was, and the polls prove it!
A recent time magazine poll:

www.businessinsider.com...

(Link to the poll in the article)

A recent Time magazine poll shows 54% of americans polled rated the Occupy Wall Street protests highly, with 25% saying they are very favorable to them.

The Tea Party support was 27% found them to be favorable, while 33% polled were unfavored, 24% of which said they were highly unfavored.

Even at the peak of the Tea Party there was only a 41% support for the movement. With Occupy Wall still in its early stages, its showing signs to far surpass those of the Tea Party supporters.

So for those of you who feel this is just an unoganized group of teenagers with nothing better to do, read the polls. Theses are families and fellow americans!

For those of you who say they are stupid and uneducated...now maybe you'll realize you are talking about more than half of your country! (And they didn't need Palin/Bachmann to arrive in a bus for them to show up!)

This is just the begining...the voice of the american people will not be silenced!
edit on 14-10-2011 by mutatismutandis because: Blah!

edit on 14-10-2011 by mutatismutandis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
i think they are both frustrated at the same thing.

one group seems to have a bit sharper understanding as to what caused that frustration, but hopefully each group will be able to put there heads together and come out united in the end.

its a fragile divide and conquer attempt that can easily backfire if done right.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mutatismutandis

When will people understand that the Tea Party Vs the Occupy/99 Movement is nothing more then an attempt by MSM and TPB to separate us even further.

We are are all pissed. We are all becoming aware that the system is broken. Yet, we are too naive to realize that the groups that are pissed are being culled into herds by those in Power? The right hi jacked the Tea Party, and the Left is trying to Hi Jack the 99 movement, and slowly it is working.

It's incredibly sad.

I support the call for action for Protest during said times, but to try and split the masses is just another attempt to Control us and make us just continue to fight each other, while the Power structure just sits, laughs, and grows stronger...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Problem is that members of the TEA Party are more likely to vote than members of the FLEA Party.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Problem is that members of the TEA Party are more likely to vote than members of the FLEA Party.

Proves my point, exactly.

Let's all just continue to bicker and fight amongst ourselves as the those in Power laugh and destroy our Children's futures.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

More than half of this country is stupid and uneducated. Occupy Wall Street has clearly made their political ties known by this point - they are the extreme left and they are doing well to hide that fact to the common man.

I wonder how many people would be in support if they knew how many Communists and Anarchist were a part of the Occupy movement, and once educated, how gone their free system would be if their ideas came to pass.

Your numbers, by the way, are cleverly made to look like support for the Tea Party was dimmed because you didn't use the same statistics as you did with Occupy Wall Street. Allow me to correct that for you.

Tea Party Favorable: 27%
Occupy Favorable: 25%

Tea party wins in favorability.

Tea Party Unfavored: 33%
Occupy Unfavored: Unknown

No way to determine winner.

Tea Party Highly Unfavored: 24%
Occupy Highly Unfavored: Unknown

Tea Party Total Unfavored: 57%
Occupy Total Unfavored: 46%

Occupy wins in total unfavored, but not by much.

Do note also that there is a margin of error for all polls, quite simply because 100-1000 people do not speak for the majority. Therefore, your assumption that the Occupy movements have more support than the Tea Party is erroneous and unfounded based on these very close number.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by UnrelentingLurker

I do agree, its definately a double edged sword...if the people finally realize we have a common enemy something may finally be done, but its much easier to divide then come together. We're always going to go back to our repsective corners, myself included (I fully admit I took a jab at the republicans in my post just for giggles, but understand I do not support either party)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mutatismutandis
A recent Time magazine poll shows 54% of americans polled rated the Occupy Wall Street protests highly,

Well if OWS is the 99%, then 99%-54%...equalls a 45% disconnect between claim and reality

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I am not opposed to OWS, I am eager for them to morph into a more organized movement and hopefully do so without getting hijacked...lest we forget the current champions of the wealthy elite, the TPM, also began as a group frustrated with Wall Street shenanigans. The irony is not lost on those paying attention.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

So for those of you who feel this is just an unoganized group of teenagers with nothing better to do, read the polls. Theses are families and fellow americans!

.... What's TIME Magazine, again?

For those of you who say they are stupid and uneducated...now maybe you'll realize you are talking about more than half of your country!

Considering I'm in the 99 percentile of any academic group - I am quite accustomed to the feeling of being surrounded by idiots.

This is just the begining...the voice of the american people will not be silenced!

If the voice of any group of people is to march on the homes of people they deem to be undesirable, then I want no part of it, and pride myself on it.

If the actions of those people turn violent against specific groups... then I figure violence is an appropriate response.

Look - the Tea Party and Town Hall meetings never captured as much media attention. Why? Because they had a stated goal and did not go out of their way to draw media attention and obstruct the normal way of things. They called meetings in a town hall (where we are supposed to come together and talk about government issues as citizens). The OWS movement is more like an impromptu cultural arts festival in the middle of the street.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by squidboy

Let's all just continue to bicker and fight amongst ourselves as the those in Power laugh and destroy our Children's futures.
Nice thoughts. But the OWS crowd is as real as Pam Andersons boobs.
There are those that may think they're doing something, but all they're doing is what adbusters, SEIU, DNC wants them to do.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by squidboy

Nice thoughts. But the OWS crowd is as real as Pam Andersons boobs.
There are those that may think they're doing something, but all they're doing is what adbusters, SEIU, DNC wants them to do.

Oh trust me, I know... The movement has been hijacked (left) just like the Tea Party (by the Right/ Conservatives). In the last week, I have been met with nothing but Pro-Left mannerisms. I've been called names, despite showing interesting in being involved with their movement, because of my support of Ron Paul and the End the Fed Movement. When I've asked questions about Obama Wall Street Campaign Contributions, I've been labeled a Troll. This has happened on their Live Stream Broadcasts by their Moderators. Their Moderators, due to not allow discussion of any "Ism, Politics, theories." They threaten with Banning, and Ban those who bring up Ron Paul, End the Fed, so on Arguments.
Their Moderators of said channels, allow all Pro Obama, Left speak without Bans, and if they are higher up in the "movement" it shows that there is a set agenda.

For a Group that claims Solidarity they sure do treat those who have no Left thinking horribly... I must note that this appears to be more OWS (NYC) then other Occupy movements. If the OWS movement was Hijacked, perhaps the other Occupy movements have a chance to be more Independent in Scope.

But again, it just points out the PTB are geniuses when it comes to separating us and causes us to fight amongst ourselves.
edit on 14-10-2011 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Why are you comparing a protest/movement that has made it known they are not a political party and they will never affiliate with any kind of political party nor will they ever be a political party..... To a political party?

They are not in competition with each other.
edit on 14-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

This poll was brought to you by capitalism and corporate "Greed" polling left wing liberal ideology much like any other media source that reflects its readership much like Fox,MSNBC,CNN et al.

Sorry but that poll does not reflect America what reflects America is sitting in that congress and elections up to and after the 2010 Midterms.

Tea Party effected change and stopped liberal ideologs cold in their tracks.

OWS sitting up in New York throwing temper tantrums and need their diapers changed.

please sorry but if people are that gullible to believe everything they read then that's just sad.
edit on 14-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Here let me help you on the numbers then....

Views on Occupy Wallstreet

VERY FAVORABLE 25%

SOMEWHAT FAVORABLE 29%

SOMEWHAT UNFAVORABLE 10%

VERY UNFAVORABLE 13%

DON’T KNOW ENOUGH 23%

NO ANSWER/DON’T KNOW 1%

Read more: swampland.time.com...

Originally posted by gwydionblack

Your numbers, by the way, are cleverly made to look like support for the Tea Party was dimmed because you didn't use the same statistics as you did with Occupy Wall Street. Allow me to correct that for you.

Tea Party Favorable: 27%
Occupy Favorable: 25%

Occupy Wall Street
VERY FAVORABLE 25%
SOMEWHAT FAVORABLE 29%
Total: 54%

Tea Party Unfavored: 33%
Occupy Unfavored: Unknown

Hmmm.... Did you read the Survey?
OWS....SOMEWHAT UNFAVORABLE 10%

Tea Party loses.

Tea Party Highly Unfavored: 24%
Occupy Highly Unfavored: Unknown

Again...The Number is there.
OWS VERY UNFAVORABLE 13%

Tea Party loses again....by a big margin

Tea Party Total Unfavored: 57%
Occupy Total Unfavored: 46%

Occupy wins in total unfavored, but not by much.

Nope.
OWS SOMEWHAT UNFAVORABLE 10%
OWS VERY UNFAVORABLE 13%

Total unfavorable for Occupy Wall Street 23%, to Tea Party 57%...that is a BIG margin.

Maybe read the actual poll? Assuming you are interested in accurate numbers, like you post claimed.

POLL HERE:
swampland.time.com...

Do note also that there is a margin of error for all polls, quite simply because 100-1000 people do not speak for the majority. Therefore, your assumption that the Occupy movements have more support than the Tea Party is erroneous and unfounded based on these very close number.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Why are you comparing a protest/movement that has made it known they are not a political party and they will never affiliate with any kind of political party nor will they ever be a political party..... To a political party?

Gimme. You're smarter than that. This is dripping with so much political overtones that someone needs to get a towel!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I read the poll numbers and was disturbed by what seems to be bias. In the Time sample, none of the three front running Republicans beat Obama. Most polls I've seen show at least Romney beating him. Some polls also show Cain and Perry beating him.

If Time is wrong here, perhaps they're wrong elsewhere. I'd look for more evidence if I were you, especially now that violence is beginning to be threatened.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
These poll figures couldn't possibly be related to the media bias for the movement in the MSM. The front page newspaper stories hailing these people as heroes. The repeated cry that these protesters are victims of something/anything. The positive news coverage and the omission of the other side of the protests.

Remember the contrast to the the MSM coverage of the Tea Party Rallies? They were called mobs, crazy lunatics, racists etc by the same talking heads in the MSM outlets.

I have yet to hear NBC cover the anti Semitic rants at the protests.

As the protests enter their fourth week, centered around Manhattan’s Zuccotti Park, several videos of participants spewing anti-Semitic rhetoric have surfaced, sparking new concerns about the groups and ideological positions represented at the protests. In addition, there are inexorable ties between the Occupy Wall Street movement and the “Arab Spring” protests threatening geopolitical stability in the Middle East. According to an undercover investigation conducted by National Review columnist Charles C.W. Cooke, protesters — including Danny Cline, who has emerged as a social media figurehead of sorts for the movement on YouTube and other forums — have routinely spewed anti-Israel and anti-Semitic messages. Cline has produced obscenity-laden diatribes against the perceived injustices of capitalism, and in one video, he is seen berating an elderly Jewish counter-protester, calling him a “bum,” mocking the man by asking him if he speaks English, and telling him to “go back to Israel.” Cooke says that Cline also shouted the “n-word” at the gentleman, and has been a fixture of the protests from their inception.

You won't hear it because it makes the OWS look bad

www.thenewamerican.com...

here is just one example

and this

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Something else your not going to hear from them is those poll takers live in New York.

seriously what a biased piece of propaganda.

edit on 14-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
No, they will not be co-opted by a party. And i dont blame them for not voting, because its like voting the same guy in anyways. Both sides are bought out.
A ballot is not a voice. The people have no say in anything the government does other than census forms, and maybe some other polls. Hm.
Not a political movement at all. Its a people movement. Right vs Wrong.

This site is starting to annoy me. Everything is a psyop and is rigged. The system is rigged. So fight the #ing system.

Well, i've talked to the people, ive asked questions, ive watched them other than the mainstream news and other msm sources. Try the live feeds, they're good.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join