It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insiders voice doubts about CIA's 9/11 story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Insiders voice doubts about CIA's 9/11 story

www.salon.com

Former FBI agents say the agency's bin Laden unit misled them about two hijackers
By Rory O'Connor and Ray Nowosielski

A growing number of former government insiders — all responsible officials who served in a number of federal posts — are now on record as doubting ex-CIA director George Tenet’s account of events leading up to the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the United States. Among them are several special agents of the FBI, the former counterterrorism head in the Clinton and Bush administrations, and the chairman of the 9/11 Commission, who told us the CIA chief had been “obviou
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I have been following this for awhile and I have always been shocked at how this story has rarely been covered until now.The few OS supporters who are aware of this have downplayed the fact that the CIA basically let 2 of the supposed hijackers go.I don't believe it was simply a case of incompetence or inter-agency rivalries.

www.salon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 013131p://4026 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
On one hand I laugh that it took so long for Salon to start giving the issue a rational view - unlike their previous fallacious emotional overloads.

But I still welcome further discussion on the matter so long as it's an honest change in view, and not just lip service or other patronage for the sake of pandering.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

More from the 'Salon' source, and if true, could be the genesis of the "conspiracy" theories initially:

Did Tenet fail to share intelligence with the White House and the FBI in 2000 and 2001 that could have prevented the attacks? Specifically, did a group in the CIA’s al-Qaida office engage in a domestic covert action operation involving two of the 9/11 hijackers, that — however legitimate the agency’s goals may have been — hindered the type of intelligence-sharing that could have prevented the attacks? And if not, then what would explain seemingly inexplicable actions by CIA employees?

I have long suspected that whatever the so-called "Truth Movement" people first thought was less-than-forthcoming explanations from the Bush Administration is related to the inter-agency miscommunication and turf wars (CIA vs. FBI, etc).

So, the incompetence and failures of those various agencies was covered up...out of embarrassment at least, or possibly criminal negligence at worst.

Thus, fueling those "uncomfortable feelings" that further led to the most ridiculous assertions and *theories* imaginable, as we still see today, as more and more people picked up on it, and spread mis-remembered and mis-quoted rumors and innuendos.

To me, the scenario of a CIA-led operation to *monitor* certain suspects regarding their activities might have been thought to be under control. And, they failed miserably at knowing the full extent of the planning and people involved, and failed to see the signs of the imminent implementation by the criminals.

They may have actually thought to let it get "just big enough", then swoop in and catch them "in the act", thus garnering accolades and credit for their cracker-jack skills.

I can see why Bush and Co. would have wanted to keep that quiet, away from public scrutiny. Not to mention the need to keep secret their covert tactics used in the field, in terms of a *National Security*, "need-to-know" type basis.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I think the FBI may have their own hijacker skeletons in the closet as well....
These Florida hijackers were training at the same Mena airport that all that coc aine came in through back when....
I dont doubt a certain amount of incompatence at some point, but there are just too many of these "miscommunications" involved.
Personally, i have read so many different threads with snippets of information pointing to a different conclusion than the 9/11 Commission its an obvious fail on the OS goverment theory.

top topics

join