It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor: Is he ‘occupying’ your thoughts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
If we believe that John Titor was a time traveller and you accept his prophecies about the near future, are these occupy “ “ making you ponder?

Any opinions welcome. [As open a mind as is possible, please]

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I admit the thoughts have crossed my mind. Although his 'story' is not entirely accurate based on events of the last decade; that can be explained away by the whole multiverse theory. I do see similarities though. The 'people' rising up against the federal government causing a civil war? Plausible. Maybe this Occupy movement is just a first step. Especially if the government continues to erode US civil liberties under the guise of freedom and security.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Nothing hes said came true.

I'm a time traveler and well, but if nothing I say comes true its because of "time shifts".....

lol pretty convenient excuse

Anyone who believes random pixels on a screen

proclaiming they are from the future is beyond gullible

edit on 10/14/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
So no videos or pictures of this imaginary time traveler huh? Yet his legend lives on somehow. Kind of shows me how badly people want fantasy to be a reality in their world.

If I time traveled to the 2000s from 1940, I think I'd bring or use a camera to document my arrival and show out of date items as proof. All this guy needed to do was tell elaborate stories based on possible upcoming events based on trends? Of which how many came true?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I spent a ton of time investigating this whole topic a long time ago and came to my personal conclusion that it's just a bunch of crap .. And I suspect the primary person behind it is the family lawyer.. Titor's "mother" has to my knowledge never been shown to exist, there's no evidence of them..

Furthermore, a movie is being made a group of guys who went in search of John Titor and who landed interviews with the lawyer.. there's just so much about it that is suspect .. but I think it started out as a hoax and now they are looking to monetize with a fake documentary ..

I really wish I could find the post or comment where I went into detail about this whole situation, it was fresh on my mind then but now it's been so long I forget a lot of the specifics about what I found.. anyway, I wouldn't buy into this whole thing for a second.. they just want your money.
edit on 14-10-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
miniatus hit this one right on the head imo. I have been feverishly researching Titor since I heard of him on Coast2Coast back in '05. It makes for a very interesting story, however the most glaring thing that bothers me is the "terminator aspect of it. That being the parallel universes. No to mention that he also sent faxes to Art Bell in 98 then laid low for two years until 200 when he began posting about the web. Even more so his "story" matches all to well with the Sci-Fi novel Alas, Babylon and I just can't find anything in this that makes sense.

I know I'll probably get crap for this but his wiki page basically sums up everything and not in his favor.

en.wikipedia.org...

At the end of the day its a good story, but just that imo.

Trowa

P.S
An intersting Titor listen from C2C from April 4th, Where the www.coasttocoastam.com...

Also a link to a thread from May that pertains to a ground Zero Show about Titor. A PI investigated him and while he is not much of an interview, he makes a very compelling case about John being a fraud and the family "lwyer" being the culprit. IF you go onto the site from this thread the JT show should be archived under may. www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14/10/11 by TrowaBarton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Even if he would've been a time traveler, how would've he known what is going to happen in our "worldline" since he came from another one? So, nope... not giving it any thoughts. But cool story it was.
edit on 14-10-2011 by Lithops because: grammar edit

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
His "time travel device" looks like a modified Toolbox with a corded phone taped on.

The one thing thats interesting is on Beforeitsnews.com, A man patented a Time Travel device that's science is similar to JT

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

He admitted years ago that it was a hoax, so nope this guy is not occupying my thoughts at all.
It was a good hoax but that is all...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Let's say John Titor was real. He did say that he could be from a different dimension. However, I will go with Ockham's razor. Not real.

Titor could be so far and away from our dimension. Non existent, yet alive in another world. Who knows really. Certain it was one great fantastic hoax. A really beautiful great planned hoax.

No, he does not occupy my thoughts. However, I am further intrigued by the many worlds theory. Until someone gives me a great certainty about multidimensional theory, I reserve myself.

Love your post however.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
So no videos or pictures of this imaginary time traveler huh? Yet his legend lives on somehow.

Just putting this out there if anyone hasn't seen them. Sorry, not the biggest pics available.

In 2015, Russia launches a nuclear strike against the major cities in the United States (which is the "other side" of the civil war from my perspective), China and Europe . The United States counter attacks. The US cities are destroyed along with the AFE (American Federal Empire)...thus we (in the country) won. The European Union and China were also destroyed. Russia is now our largest trading partner and the Capitol of the US was moved to Omaha Nebraska .

The war is a result of faulty politics and desperation from Western leadership during the US civil war.

(Are some states or countries safer than others?) Take a close look at the county by county voting map from the last elections.

On my world line in 2011, the United States is in the middle of a civil war that has dramatic effects on most of the other Western governments.

06 December 2000 21:36 (Does the events happening in the Middle east concerning the Arabs and Jews have anything to do with the coming war? ) Yes.

Real disruptions in world events begin with the destabilization of the West as a result of degrading US foreign policy and consistency. This becomes apparent around 2004 as civil unrest develops near the next presidential election. The Jewish population in Israel is not prepared for a true offensive war. They are prepared for the ultimate defense. Wavering western support for Israel is what gives Israel's neighbors the confidence to attack. The last resort for a defensive Israel and it's offensive Arab neighbors is to use weapons of mass destruction. In the grand scheme of things, the war in the middle-east is a part of what's to come, not the cause.

In the future, sociologists spend a great of time discussing the collective mentality before the war that led to the demise of "Homo Materia". Many of them point to an experiment that was done in the 1970's or 1980's. The experiment isolated various sizes of rat populations in varying cage sizes with varying food and cleaning schedules. It was discovered that no matter what, there was a certain ratio of rats to space that once overtaken by population would always lead to aggressive and destructive behavior in the rats until enough of them had died or been killed to get back under the ratio. This was true even when the rats that were given plenty of food and had their cage cleaned every day.

Outright open fighting was common by then and I joined a shotgun infantry unit in 2011. I served with the "Fighting Diamondbacks" for about 4 years. The civil war ended in 2015 when Russia attacked the U.S. cities (our enemy), China and Europe.

I don't remember a great deal about media coverage during the civil conflicts.

02/09/01 Yes, homosexuals are in the army.

I submit to you that when the moment comes it will be absolutely plain as day that you are unsafe in the cities. The millions people that stay will choose to stay. That's what comes as a surprise.

In my opinion, the Gen Xr's ended up in two categories. There were the ones who had learned to be independent by breaking away from tradition and societies expectations and the others who had no idea how to take care of themselves and just wanted the trains to run on time. The ones in the first group feel very guilty about "letting" the world go to Hell and the ones in the second group are dead.

The conflict was not about taking and holding ground it was about order and rights. They were betting that people wanted security instead of freedom and they were wrong.

edit on 15-10-2011 by METACOMET because: px

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
John Titor's time traveler story to me was very entertaining ..I dont accept any of his prophecies about the near future its all a fantasy trip but a fun read fantastic hoax and well done! Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I really do appreciate the replies,but I didnt mean 'do you believe he was genuine?' .Rather, in terms of his civil war in the USA warnings,does the current 'occupy' trouble make you ponder him?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I believe this was the original article 8 yrs ago.
www.shroomery.org...

i found this article pretty interesting...
tv.yahoo.com...

'TIME-TRAVELER' BUSTED FOR INSIDER TRADING
Wednesday March 19, 2003
By CHAD KULTGEN

NEW YORK -- Federal investigators have arrested an enigmatic Wall Street wiz on insider-trading charges -- and incredibly, he claims to be a time-traveler from the year 2256!

Sources at the Security and Exchange Commission confirm that 44-year-old Andrew Carlssin offered the bizarre explanation for his uncanny success in the stock market after being led off in handcuffs on January 28.

"We don't believe this guy's story -- he's either a lunatic or a pathological liar," says an SEC insider.

"But the fact is, with an initial investment of only $800, in two weeks' time he had a portfolio valued at over $350 million. Every trade he made capitalized on unexpected business developments, which simply can't be pure luck.

"The only way he could pull it off is with illegal inside information. He's going to sit in a jail cell on Rikers Island until he agrees to give up his sources."

The past year of nose-diving stock prices has left most investors crying in their beer. So when Carlssin made a flurry of 126 high-risk trades and came out the winner every time, it raised the eyebrows of Wall Street watchdogs.

"If a company's stock rose due to a merger or technological breakthrough that was supposed to be secret, Mr. Carlssin somehow knew about it in advance," says the SEC source close to the hush-hush, ongoing investigation.

When investigators hauled Carlssin in for questioning, they got more than they bargained for: A mind-boggling four-hour confession.

Carlssin declared that he had traveled back in time from over 200 years in the future, when it is common knowledge that our era experienced one of the worst stock plunges in history. Yet anyone armed with knowledge of the handful of stocks destined to go through the roof could make a fortune.

"It was just too tempting to resist," Carlssin allegedly said in his videotaped confession. "I had planned to make it look natural, you know, lose a little here and there so it doesn't look too perfect. But I just got caught in the moment."

In a bid for leniency, Carlssin has reportedly offered to divulge "historical facts" such as the whereabouts of Osama Bin Laden and a cure for AIDS.

All he wants is to be allowed to return to the future in his "time craft."

However, he refuses to reveal the location of the machine or discuss how it works, supposedly out of fear the technology could "fall into the wrong hands."

Officials are quite confident the "time-traveler's" claims are bogus. Yet the SEC source admits, "No one can find any record of any Andrew Carlssin existing anywhere before December 2002."

Weekly World News will continue to follow this story as it unfolds. Keep watching for further developments.

.....strange that they have no record of him...what do you think?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
That is a very interesting reply. It would make sense that nobody believed his story,but,unlike Titor,he just went ahead and made money and made practical use of his information.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The whole thing about the John Titor story is that it is YET TO BE debunked!

Some people say that it is a hoax because of the predictions. Know the details before you say something like that!

Some people say that it is a hoax because of the light-bending pic. This is tough to say, since we cannot experiment with it ourselves.

I would love to believe in the John Titor story, and either way it is fascinating if you're open-minded.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

Where exactly did he admit that?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
he went out of his way to specifically say it was not a revolution of the people agains the government, and that is was a civil war of citizens vs citizens

how does OWS fit this ?

biggest mistake haber made in my mind. well, the "mass of an electron" is pretty good as well. and the cigar pic was a major boo boo

top topics

join