It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anita Perry: GOP attacking husband ‘because of his faith’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com... 3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

Texas First Lady Anita Perry says that her husband is being persecuted by the media and the Republican establishment “because of his faith.”

“It’s been a rough month,” Anita Perry told supporters at North Greenville University Thursday. “We’ve been brutalized, eaten up and chewed up in the press.”

“After Rick had won being elected for the governorship for the third time in Texas, there was a nagging, a pulling at my heart for him to run for president,” she recalled. “You know what we have no leadership in Washington. We have nobody to guide our country… God was already speaking to me, but he didn’t want to hear it… He felt like he needed to see the burning bush. I said, ‘Look, let me tell you something. You may not see that burning bush but there are people who see that burning bush for you.”

What ever happened to the party that always trumpets "take personal responsibility"?

Gov. Perry has made some glaring mistakes and when people point them out; it's not because of his FAITH.

Anita Perry continued: “So he truly felt like he was called to do this. We still feel called to do this. We are being brutalized by our opponents in our own party. So much of that is, I think they look at him because of his faith.”

However I still think Gov. Rick will eventually be the GOP nominee for the WH. Unless the skeletons in Ricks closet come to life and decide to walk and talk outside of the closet.
edit on 14-10-2011 by whaaa because: 7u7, y6y

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
what an eye roller. thats kind of like people implying that obamas attacks are based on his race.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

The GOP is the establishment, big government Republican Party. They have already chosen their guy and it is Mitt Romney. He was asked to bow out in 2008 to make way for McCain, with the promise that 2012 would be his time. Rick Perry, although not a true conservative, is considered too conservative by the establishment GOP. Romney equals a third term for George W. Bush, because they are essentially the same guy, although Romney is a little more progressive than Bush. Either way we are screwed... Obama is driving us off the cliff at 100mph, and Romney would slow the car down to 65, but keep us heading in the same direction.
edit on 14-10-2011 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Yea, 'cause no one on her "side" would stoop so low as to come out against someone else's faith, like say. a Mormon for example.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by lellomackin
Yea, 'cause no one on her "side" would stoop so low as to come out against someone else's faith, like say. a Mormon for example.

I see your point.

The GOP seems determined to eat itself; starting with the heart and soul.

American politics....greatest show on earth!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Rick Perry was a Democrat who jumped ship any red blooded conservative doesn't consider Perry to be one of their own if there's on thing real conservatives can't stand is those who jump ship to save their own butts.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

American politics....greatest show on earth!

Not really, the circus is far more entertaining.

I love watching the tigers do their routines & stuff, so cute.

new topics

top topics

join