It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think will happen if Israel launches an attack on Iran?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
So, I think it's basically going to be like Iraq on steroids for 2 months or so. Israel will strike the Iranian nuclear facilities, the US will attack their military full force, eliminating 25% of their forces in one swoop, and nearly all their vehicles, planes etc. Another shock and awe... Again, just a very Iraq style war from then on, street fighting, IEDs going off left and right etc.

Then... things are going to get complicated. I can see more revolutions breaking out in the middle east, Syria complicating the situation, gas prices causing severe unrest in America which will create a sort of dire atmosphere and bad decisions will be made left and right, in the name of hurrying it up, NK may try and attack while we are distracted, Iranian allies may jump it to defend the country to take advantage of the element of surprise, countries will start making threats because they are pissed at the US and are very worried they might be next on the hit list. The US will get heavy heavy criticism for attacking Iran and it's very likely this will lead to a separate conflict, which could draw in US allies.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Three things to consider:

1) This happened with Israel's tactical raid on Iraq in 1981. Took out the Iraqi nuclear facility (built by the French) just before it was to go online. Flew over a supposed enemy to get there and back, too.

And Israel would use the same precision. Your scenario does not fit Israeli objectives, nor methods. If they strike (besides with a computer virus, again) they will do so to take out the nuclear reactor in the same way (this time the Germans are largely to thank for handing a child a book of matches and a box of dynamite).

2) Treaties REQUIRE action, and sometimes, so do circumstances. There would be no "sitting this one out" on the part of Israeli allies.

3) Guess who is sitting with military bases in two Iranian neighbors, already suited up for battle? Meanwhile, Iran is barely keeping the lid on internal revolution. And but one nation rules the seas-- and it is not Iran-- nor any of their allies. Without access to the sea, Iran is nothing.

And you, know...

We could solve by just giving Palestine back to the people who controlled it before there was a modern Israel-- that is, back to the British. We can't give it back to the Ottomans' because they allied with the Germans in WWI and got their tails kicked into oblivion when the other Arabs finished them off.

My, but history is so much different than popular stories, isn't it?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Is no going to happen unless US is willing to back Israel with money, weapons and soldiers to finish the stupidity they will start, right now US is in not position economically to do so.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Is no going to happen unless US is willing to back Israel with money, weapons and soldiers to finish the stupidity they will start, right now US is in not position economically to do so.

Since when has that ever stopped them ?
Bernanke is printing more as we speak.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Israel will destroy Irans nuke program, and soon. Damascus will get nuked by Israel. Iran, among others will attack Israel to avenge. Iran will lose, too bad.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
exactly no more wars

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

I am sitting here thinking of how this phone call is going to go here if your premise comes to pass...

Caller: Mr. Putin, we have just lost a couple dozen Russian Citizens at Bushehr, Iran and umm.. Iran can no longer meet any commitments, contracts or financial responsibilities as it's no longer able to function...uhh...err.., Sir.

Putin: (a few minutes of words not fit to repeat in public, at volume that rattles windows) Okay, start giving me strike options against Israel please.

I have looked at that man's eyes in many pictures (Putin) and I know his history from what is written about his time rising to a Colonel in the old K.G.B.. I'm really not sure Israel has ONLY Iran to worry about if they go and stomp one of Russia's cash cows and China's gas stations. I can see a series of unanticipated events feeding off each other and rapidly spiraling out of control even if the initial stike had 100% success.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I do not understand for the life of me why the leaders of this world would rather fight wars over wealth, power, OIL when we have the scientific means for energy that would nullify the very need for it in the first place. It seems to me that we are all super stupid.. I mean it's like going around in 15 circles to get to the same spot to avoid change as opposed to cutting right through the middle an obtain a better result. Besides I'd love to shoot the Middle East a great big bird finger and say keep your oil, we do not want or need it~

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by blah yada

I just watched a video recently regarding the Jews of Iran, this video would lead you to believe that the Jews there actually have more freedom and equality than ever before in Iran's history. That for the most part they are left alone. I am confused as to how Israel would feel about the fact the 2nd to them the largest population of Jews in the world are located in Iran... considering they are considering obliverating the entire country?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
GOOOooooLLLLLEEEEE..Aren't you a pot stirrer? Get a grip....get a life. Ohh, and the answer to your question is WWIII.. Want it??? Get a life!!!
edit on 15-10-2011 by Gridrebel because:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
first it will not be Israel. it wil be the U.S. so give it a break

Israel was created with U.N. hands christ.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

I think if Israel were to hit Iran (and i hope they do) Israel would win the war. Don't get me wrong, BOTH would lose many lives, buti belive that the U.S. and S.A. would step in andback Israel up. I think the war would last around a year but i could be wrong.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy
first it will not be Israel. it wil be the U.S. so give it a break

Israel was created with U.N. hands christ.

Great post another thing to remember is that NATO had in place secret nuclear weapons sharing agreements whereby the United States provided nuclear weapons to be deployed by, and stored in, other NATO states. that Iran is a member .

Iran is a founding member of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty

Israel is not in the non-proliferation treaty..

David Albright estimate that Israel may have stockpiled between 100 to 200 warheads using the plutonium reprocessed from Dimona. The Israeli government refuses to confirm or deny possession of nuclear weapons, although this is now regarded as an open secret after Israeli low level nuclear technician Mordechai Vanunu—subsequently arrested and sentenced for treason by Israel

en.wikipedia.org...

For you who do not know Dr Albright

David Albright, M.S., is the founder of the non-governmental Institute for Science and International Security (ISIS), its current president, and author of several books on proliferation of atomic weapons. Albright holds a Master of Science in physics from Indiana University and a M.Sc. in mathematics from Wright State University. He has taught physics at George Mason University in Virginia.

Also I could write my own words from memory ,wiki does a great job without pests asking for links when I write knowledge I have remembered anyway check out this ...the other gentle man mentioned.

Mordechai Vanunu

Mordechai Vanunu (Hebrew: מרדכי ואנונו‎); (born 14 October 1954) is a former Israeli nuclear technician who, citing his opposition to weapons of mass destruction, revealed details of Israel's nuclear weapons program to the British press in 1986.[2][3] He was subsequently lured to Italy by a Mossad agent, where he was drugged and kidnapped by Israeli intelligence agents.[2] He was transported to Israel and ultimately convicted in a trial that was held behind closed doors.[2] Vanunu spent 18 years in prison, including more than 11 in solitary confinement. Released from prison in 2004, he became subject to a broad array of restrictions on his speech and movement. Since then he has been arrested several times for violations of those restrictions, including giving various interviews to foreign journalists and attempting to leave Israel. He says he suffered "cruel and barbaric treatment" at the hands of Israeli authorities while imprisoned, and suggests that his treatment would have been different if he were Jewish (Vanunu is a Christian convert from Judaism).[4] In 2007, Vanunu was sentenced to six months in prison for violating terms of his parole. The sentence was considered unusual even by the prosecution who expected a suspended sentence. In response, Amnesty International issued a press release on 2 July 2007, stating that "The organisation considers Mordechai Vanunu to be a prisoner of conscience and calls for his immediate and unconditional release."[5] In May 2010, Vanunu was arrested and sentenced to three months in jail on suspicion that he met foreigners in violation of conditions of his 2004 release from jail.

check out the video on the underground nuclear facility.

So what is said only adds to the Obama Admin pressuring Israel into violence before they take action themselves .

Look what the USRAEL admin had in the press recently.

No One Is Buying Iranian Terror Allegations:
more propaganda that the US pushing

Iran Terror Plot: No Evidence
The day before Attorney General was subpoenaed about what he knew about the Department of Justice and Drug Enforcement Agency's "Fast and Furious" operation to get weapons to Mexico's largest drug cartel, the U.S. government announced that the Iranians planned to kill a Saudi ambassador on U.S. soil. And they said - you guessed it - that it was DOJ and DEA who broke up the plot. But no one is buying it ... not even the pro-war mainstream media. The New York Times notes in a post entitled "U.S. Challenged to Explain Accusations of Iran Plot in the Face of Skepticism": The Obama administration on Wednesday sought to reconcile what it said was solid evidence of an Iranian plot to murder Saudi Arabia’s ambassador to the United States with a wave of puzzlement and skepticism from some foreign leaders and outside experts. Senior American officials themselves were struggling to explain why the Quds Force, an elite international operations unit within Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps, would orchestrate such a risky attack in so amateurish a manner.
American officials offered no specific evidence linking the plot to Iran’s most senior leaders.
Mr. Zarate and senior American officials said the assassination plan did not have the hallmarks of a Quds operation.

I was having problems formatting this post for some reason so I hope you all can make sense of it.

Cheers
and peace to you and your family

Ocker
edit on 15/10/2011 by ocker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
if there is a war between israel and iran i hope that the uk and america will keep their murdering sticky fingers out of it .
i have read all the posts on here regarding a conflict between these nations and i am alarmed by some of them that seem to relish the obliteration of one or other nation .
please don't forget that these are human beings and ordinary citizens that will suffer , governments start wars not its citizens.
and if these wars are fought using nuclear weapons we will all suffer the fall out .
and can you imagine the possiblity of a nuclear blast on a oil well it could end up ripping this planet apart .

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

As much as I dislike Israel. Iran wont do crap, they cant stand against Israel. Israel has everything the US does, just not as much of it. The US isnt about to let Israel take a beating

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tom.farnhill

Yeah people are ridiculous, they revel in destruction.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

the news this morning reported occupy demonstrations in 1,500 cities worldwide.

an Isreali attack could be the trigger that turns this movement into an anti war movement.

the evil machine, military industrial complex, extremely corrupt financial sector, dysfunctional political parties, the peoples of the world have much to fight against.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by shell69
reply to post by intrptr

I do not understand for the life of me why the leaders of this world would rather fight wars over wealth, power, OIL

IF Israel attacked Iran, then it would be to prevent Iran having the means to create a nuclear weapon- a weapon Iran leadership has said, once they have it, WILL BE used against Israel and the US.

It is not "stupid" to go to war for one's survival.

when we have the scientific means for energy that would nullify the very need for it in the first place.

Which the world does not have-- unless you mean horses for land travel and sails for ocean travel.

It seems to me that we are all super stupid.. I mean it's like going around in 15 circles to get to the same spot to avoid change as opposed to cutting right through the middle an obtain a better result. Besides I'd love to shoot the Middle East a great big bird finger and say keep your oil, we do not want or need it~

Without Middle East oil, most nations would return to a 19th Century way of life-- including yours.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

If the US were economically able to finance another war it would have invaded Iran soon enough, it can not as is not longer any willing China to finance another.

As of today our Fed is not printing money they are (creating electronic funds, paperless money) to bailout the central banks in the EU, over 2 trillions this week, read the Market data thread is explains exactly what our Fed is been doing lately, they have not time for wars right now they are fighting the economic one.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Uhhh.....you better believe the US is still supporting Israel. The ONLY thing that will NEVER be cut from the US Federal Government....is aid/military support to Israel.

Massachusetts and Virginia would sell California to China before they ever stopped supporting Israel.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join