It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Who Demand Entitlements From The Tax System Are Greedy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
That amount of money is miniscule in comparison the the funds being stolen by the globalists.
Im not ideological either,
Wether it is funded or not by Soros,
The people on the ground want real change, Just because soros linked companies donate to adbusters, does not mean said money is going to OWS.
Is he funding the other 1500 occupations too?
edit on 14/10/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

Actually, looks like soros last gave money to tides in 2009.
And Reuters has a very, very red head right now, and slightly changed the headline of their story:

www.politico.com...
"Soros: not a funder of Wall Street protests."

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by narwahl

That amount of money is miniscule in comparison the the funds being stolen by the globalists.
The people on the ground want real change, Just because soros linked companies donate to adbusters, does not mean said money is going to OWS.

And Reuters has a very, very red head right now, and slightly changed the headline of their story:

www.politico.com...

Well, since adbusters is a nonprofit organization, i believe the funds they recieve would be used for i dunno, the company itself? as opposed to protests..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Correct if if I'm mistaken, but don't the wealthy who own the corporations feel entitled to the use of the US military, and demand that it protect their investments overseas? Investments, by the way, that return no tax dollars to the country whose support they feel so entitled to. Why don't they pay the bill with their own lives and money?

Don't they demand price supports for their products, and the use of the courts to prevent their competitors from competing with them?

Don't they demand the use of police to protect their property to the exclusion of the lesser populace?

I seem to recall them feeling entitled to bailouts after their gambling soured and the debts they incurred came due.

I guess the makes them the greediest of all.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
Correct if if I'm mistaken, but don't the wealthy who own the corporations feel entitled to the use of the US military, and demand that it protect their investments overseas? Investments, by the way, that return no tax dollars to the country whose support they feel so entitled to. Why don't they pay the bill with their own lives and money?

Don't they demand price supports for their products, and the use of the courts to prevent their competitors from competing with them?

Don't they demand the use of police to protect their property to the exclusion of the lesser populace?

I seem to recall them feeling entitled to bailouts after their gambling soured and the debts they incurred came due.

I guess the makes them the greediest of all.

Quote for the effing truth.
Someone gets it
. Welcome back apacheman, werent you at the butt end of all this corruption?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

www.politico.com...

Well, since adbusters is a nonprofit organization, i believe the funds they recieve would be used for i dunno, the company itself? as opposed to protests..

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

www.politico.com...

Don't forget Soros' support to MoveOn.org who has been actively behind this OWS movement.

Even the OWS movement is onto Soros and his too many to list fingerling organizations.

Read for yourself
occupywallst.org...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

www.politico.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Erm... yeah.... that was what I was saying.
Could it be that we had a bit of a misunderstanding here?
So: you say soros isn't behind it, and I say soros isn't behind it. (And Reuters now says soros isn't behind it)
Correct?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
You cannot create a system for dependents, and then complain when people become dependent. Thousands of workers laid off due to factory automation and/or foreign slave labor, overly expensive insurance and healthcare, daycare that costs as much as, if not more than, one’s house payment/rent, businesses that won’t hire “over qualified/educated persons or persons with zero higher education, but are willing to learn, corporations that lay siege to small business America, making it impossible for them to grow, ultimately poisoning them till they wither and die, and financial institutions that trade mortgages and loans like baseball cards, raising interests rates, knowing the homeowner has no chance of keeping up with the inflation; these are what people want to change.
Men and women across this country are being laid off in droves, losing their life’s savings, their homes, their families, their dignity. Why, because they’re lazy? Or is it because the banks got themselves into trouble and needed massive bailouts to keep them afloat, bailouts that were demanded, bailouts that were paid for by foreign wealth, bailouts that will ultimately be paid off by the American tax payers; tax payers that have paid with their careers and security, and some their lives. These bailouts didn’t go into fixing the financial crisis; they went into the pockets of the very men who created this fiasco.
I’ve seen these “unemployed greedy bums” work harder trying to find work, some of them for a couple of years, than most of you work at your actual jobs. They remain on unemployment till they are able to find a job that will sustain their homes and families. Pride isn’t as much a factor as you’d like to believe it is. When a potential “new job” doesn’t pay enough to make the house payment, let alone pay for groceries for four, automotive insurance, utilities, and school, there’s little incentive to ditch the unemployment (usually a third less than one’s previous income).

Where I reside, a factory recently opened up, and people were thrilled. “Finally! Work!” Everyone was ecstatic. Thousands showed up from all over the state to get a job (you know…. Those lazy/greedy lot, who prefer their living via EBT cards and welfare). Out of these thousands, twelve were hired. Why? Most had zero experience working the necessary machinery, and the corporation didn’t want to spend time and money training white collared vets how to be blue collar workers. The rest were over-qualified and similarly turned away. They ended up bringing in their own workers, all of them foreign, which did little to help the local economy at all, except boost the population by a few hundred.

Released today; the top ten corporations in the world employ less than 1/3 of the workers that similar companies employed twenty years ago. People praised Steve Jobs for his technological advancements, yet his company was on this list of businesses boosting unemployment with their “efficiency.”
I’m not even going to bother with the political ties these corps take advantage of in their reign of monetary terror.

You create a storm; don’t get pissed when the rain starts to fall.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

reply to post by AzureSky

Erm... yeah.... that was what I was saying.
Could it be that we had a bit of a misunderstanding here?
So: you say soros isn't behind it, and I say soros isn't behind it. (And Reuters now says soros isn't behind it)
Correct?

OH MAN
Sorry, that was a misunderstanding on my part, Ive been at work for 8 hours, and i got a nice 6 more to go, and slept like crap the last few days (with 14 hrs yesterday at work), so im kinda, out of it

My apologies

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
i typed this about an hour ago, but it escaped me to post the reply until now...
i guess something came up....
its been sitting there , so i'm glad it did not get 'lost'

reply to post by mnemeth1

the thread title focused on "Entitlements From The Tax System"... which should be itemized as follows:

Pell Grants
Medicaid
Foodstamps
Earned Income Credit
School meals
midnight basketball

these are the 'Entitlements' brought forth from the Johnson Administrations 'Great Society policies...
and have made a couple generations of welfare dependent people (welfare being changed to Entitlement)

the thing is that these programs (aka: Entitlements) came into being because of the favorable tax treatments the Corporations received...

the Corporations' lobbyists agreed to these tradeoffs so they could keep their payrolls etc at the lowest cost

Now it seems the elites want to renounce the payoffs they agreed to earlier in the 1960s onward...
and lump Social Security and Medicare into the 'Entitlement' category~~~absolute nonsense~~

the Social Security taxes (for employees and employers) and Medicare taxes are separate, stand alone, special taxes which are above & beyond the payroll withholding tax and state/federal(reserve) decreed Income Taxes

and therefore Absolutely NOT to be considered 'Entitlements'....( i.e.: handouts to the masses)
edit on 14-10-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Its them damn reds again, and they want the whole pie, and not even bake it themselves,.

Now thats just outrageous, oh and thanks for sharing your wisdom with the rest of us...

Really blew my mind eheheheh

cough cough

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Its a concept that escapes many people and I'm not sure why.

For those of us who pay taxes, (depending on your income), the first 4 months of the year are spent working to meet your income tax burden. This does not include property taxes, sales tax, gasoline tax, alcohol and tobacco tax, estate tax etc. And guess who's paying the majority of the taxes, the middle-class:

Middle-class Americans--not the rich or the poor--pay the majority of annual tax revenues taken in by the federal government, according to data released in a new Congressional Budget Office study.

Middle-class households that earned between $34,300 and $141,900 paid 50.5 percent of all federal tax revenues in 2007...

www.cnsnews.com...

The government has nothing to give. They get their money from tax payers. And if there isn't enough money generated from taxes (and a few other sources), they sell bonds and go into debt, further burdening the tax payer, who is now liable for the interest.

Furthermore, is there a single program that the federal government has not ruined or bankrupted? They have destroyed everything from social security to education to the value of the dollar. Why would anyone agree to giving them MORE money or power?

edit on 14-10-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Here in the Uk, for 12 years we had a government who declared war on small business and the private sector. Money was taken from us in vast amounts and spent badly. They made it more and more difficult and expensive to employ people, so that only the state could really fully comply with the requirements.

I started out as a hairdresser. A low paid, low prospect job in general. I worked hard, was smart with my money, and eventually bought a salon. I did really well for many years, then in 2006 I started to feel recession.
I have never made anyone redundant, but it has been an almighty struggle to keep peoples jobs safe. Many times I have had to go without pay in order to pay my staff.

I now have a couple of salons, and really struggle to keep up with the ridiculous edicts, licences and regulation that is heaped upon my shoulders.

I also struggle with the terrible attitudes of today's youngsters. I DON'T owe them a living, and I DON'T work for them, as they seem to think. They will not earn 50 grand a year at 20 years old, and they don't know more than me. Nobody has ever said no to these people in their lives before.

I have them call me a c.u.n.t because I enforce the rules of the contract they signed, and won't let them take a day off without following procedure. They think they can call their boss these things and keep their job?

Recently I had a young girl (21) give me a shocking diatribe because after 3 months in the job she didnt get a pay rise. She called me a fat slag, and said I knew nothing. I sacked her and she refused to leave. Said I should leave instead

I own the company, I cant leave!!

My point is that I am a wealth creator, and have been treated badly by my government and society.
When I hear that 4 in 10 under 25 year olds is unemployed, I can understand why, and it aint a lack of jobs.

We need to start celebrating the people who go out to work, who support their famillies, who pay their way.
Lets make life easier for those people, and harder for the leeches, the wasters, and the vampire squid corporations.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by persianista
Here in the Uk, for 12 years we had a government who declared war on small business and the private sector. Money was taken from us in vast amounts and spent badly. They made it more and more difficult and expensive to employ people, so that only the state could really fully comply with the requirements.

Up to the point where the bankers brought the economy to its knees government spending was no higher than under Thatcher (who presumably you will admire). You are a "wealth creator" you know this....don't you?

I have friends who work for private civil engineering firms they ALL depend on government projects to keep them afloat even during the good times. Large contracts do not exist in the private sector. Its public money that builds that large scale infrastructure that everyone, including small businesses, depends on. You are a "wealth creator" you know this......don't you?

My point is that I am a wealth creator, and have been treated badly by my government and society.
When I hear that 4 in 10 under 25 year olds is unemployed, I can understand why, and it aint a lack of jobs.

We need to start celebrating the people who go out to work, who support their famillies, who pay their way.
Lets make life easier for those people, and harder for the leeches, the wasters, and the vampire squid corporations.

I have worked non stop from age 21 to 51 and then was made unemployed due to profiteering by a private equity firm. Pure unadulterated tax evasion, disgusting. But there are no rules to stop them!!! I was unemployed for over a year and I managed to get a job but with a 30% pay cut. NB agencies informed me that each job had several hundred applications and they were swamped, I only had 4 interviews after several hundred applications (throughout Britain) in 14 months. So I would love to know where all these jobs are.

My kids and my partners kids are well behaved well mannered people and yet they are struggling to find work. To tar all youth as being bad mannered hence why they are unemployed is typical of the extreme right defensive attitude. YOU interviewed them didn't you ? So it is YOUR fault if they are not fit for the job.

There are "wasters" for sure but they are a minority but it only takes ONE to make a headline in the Daily Mail.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
reply to post by popsmayhem

You must have missed the last part of my post that you left out of your quotes

Majority rules, Most people who ask for entitlements ARE greedy.
That was the point.. Also the point of the OP.

My mother has worked for decades, is an honest citizen, and has contributed to social security. To read fascist scum call my mother 'greedy' for wanting to receive her SS when she retires is insulting.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join