It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Passes "Let Women Die" Act of 2011

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by vatel

This bill will never make pass the house, that is been predicted, this just passed in the House to appease the religious fundamentalist and show that the government care.

But that is the end of it it will never make it higher up in the chain of command.

So nothing is going to happen.

So for the fundamentalist right , stop salivating is not going to happen.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Dear Narwahl,

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you.

Originally posted by narwahl
Actually: No religon has anything to say about abortions, which have been around pretty much as long as women got pregnant.
I thought the Catholic Church was pretty strongly against abortions.

They are, they just can't find it in the book...
Except for that reimbursement passage.
(Sidenote: I've been quite close to an abortion. According to my mother she was already sitting in the chair, My memory of it is unfortunately nonexistant, because I didn't really exist back then)
There is actually this awesome anti-anti-abortion group:
www.vochoice.org...
Let me just plug it quickly:
What happened was this:
Anti-abortionists showed up at the school of a kid of the *landlord* of a clinic that provided abortions.
Having done nothing but renting space to a legitimate business he found that heckling his daughter was rather uncalled for.
Of course they posted his personal information, and we know that Dr. TIller only survived one such posting, but not the second.
So he founded this organisation, calling the hecklers back.
Looks as if people really don't like that...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The background for this law is that pro-life doctors and pharmacists have been hounded by the feds for refusing to perform abortions.

Without this law, Obamacare would otherwise create the taxpayer funding of abortion on demand. (overturning 30 years of legal precedent)

Likewise, catholic or religious hospitals have been threatened with being compelled to provide abortions, even though it contradicts their ethical mission.

Ironic that Liberals accuse conservatives of trying to "Legislate morality;"

It is the liberals that force their death-culture on the rest of the population, and try to destroy any practitioner or hospital that doesn't want to commit murder to uphold the liberal promise of sex-without-consequence.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

did you have a look at your sig...
do you really know who you are ?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Where in the bible does it say that abortion is equal to killing?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by narwahl

it doesn't I don't think, it gives a penalty for harming a fetus while intending to harm the women carrying it. I do believe that that penalty is less than the penalty that is given for killing the women herself, so well....that would seem to indicate that killing the women is a bit more offensive???

so well, I don't believe the passage would justify letting a pregnant women die while holding firm to your beliefs regarding abortion.

right now, in most hospitals in the US, if not all, it would be illegal to deny a pregnant women lifesaving medical care (even abortions), and one of those links that I posted if you follow the story further, you will find that the hospital was found to be breaking that law.
this law would take one small group of people, pregnant women, and make it perfectly acceptable for a healthcare provider to deny her lifesaving medical treatment, based on a "belief"!! now, if a doctor suddenly developed a "belief" that it was wrong to give you mouth to mouth, it would still be illegal to deny them care. if he believed that emergency surgery was wrong, well, it would still be illegal to deny them care!!
it's just pregnant women who's life depends on the extraction of an unborn child that it's legal to deny...based on a belief!!!
I believe that my tax money shouldn't be going to anyone's else's medical care unless I have the means and the funds to provide for my own......is their a way that I can pull my money out of the pool???

edit on 14-10-2011 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
after all this thread represents the change ?
did the US society change for the better ?
you have to judge the system, if you are well with it, go on...
if not ?

It's your decision
Overwhelmed, you chose to run
Apathetic to the stunned
It's your decision
It's your decision
You feed the fire that burned us all
When you lied
To feel the pain that spurs you on
Black inside
No one plans to take the path that brings you lower
And here you stand before us all and say it's over
It's over...

Alice in chains

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Heres a thought Men keep your pants zipped up and Women keep yours zipped up and then it won't be anyone's problem simple solution that doesn't cost a damn thing if your going to be irresponsibile then that's on them not someone trying to raise their own family in other words it's called personal responsibilty.

Wow!
Abstinence now works too when I want to have a child?
Ok:
If I want to have a child: don't have sex.
If I don't want to have a child: don't have sex.
Hmmm... don't get it.
Which one is it: Will my partner not get pregnant if I don't have sex with her, or if I do have sex with her?

If you don't "understand": you shouldn't be shooting that"gun" of yours....

I propose federal funding of aspirin for birth control;
here's your federally funded Aspirin...
1) Women: Place federal Aspirin between knees...
2) hold for as long as necessary to prevent pregnancy.

edit on 14-10-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Doesn't matter for this thread.

What matters is that the minority ( probortion ) position is government policy, and is FORCED on doctors and institutions who abide by a non-liberal creed. Congress was trying to create a law that would give them a legally defensible rationale for refusing to carry out the 3 million abortions performed every year in america.

Incidentally, abortion would not have to be "equal" to killing, for it to be a wrong thing that should be avoided when possible. The book of Proverbs lists things that God hates; third o that list is "hands that shed innocent blood."

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

Doesn't matter for this thread.

What matters is that the minority ( probortion ) position is government policy, and is FORCED on doctors and institutions who abide by a non-liberal creed. Congress was trying to create a law that would give them a legally defensible rationale for refusing to carry out the 3 million abortions performed every year in america.

Incidentally, abortion would not have to be "equal" to killing, for it to be a wrong thing that should be avoided when possible. The book of Proverbs lists things that God hates; third o that list is "hands that shed innocent blood."

But it's the mothers blood.
And she was born with original sin.
So it is not the blood of an innocent.
No reason to go on to the hands that shed it...
In what category did Dr. Tillers blood fall?
Was it different during the first shooting, which he survived, compared to the second, which he didn't?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99
Bunch of worthless newspeak. "Let Women Die Act" I'm sure it was named that right? Couldn't possibly be what the disingenuous liberals are calling it due to their own bias. And as we all know, you aren't a patriot unless you support the Patriot Act.

Is this a partial repeal of the "Murder Of Innocent Babies Act" supported by the liberals? I'd like to see abortion rights activists sign their names saying that they support the murder of babies. At least that would be honest.

Not every person sees a mass of cells as a baby! If you let it continue to grow yes it has the potential to become a baby.
Because you see a zygote or a blastocyst as somehow a child does not mean that everyone does. It has the potential of becoming something it is not something already. It is a group of cells not unlike the skin cells we lose everyday imo. No different the the chicken eggs we eat but the chicken did not sit on and let grow to a chick.
Why are persons who disagree with your ideas called murders!

Go ahead cuss me out..I am sure you know it all!
I was raped at 14 and I kept my baby...I was a good parent but i never had a life myself none of what I wanted for me. People should have a choice and not be called murders!

I would like to add that to me it is no different then the people who tell us that when we are 90 and ill and in constant unimaginable pain, so we stop eating...that they have to stick a feeding tube in us.
The disgusting non-humane way we treat terminally ill patients and persons whose bodies have worn out all because of religions that may not be our own!

There could be no other reason for these laws then that the lawmakers are following their religious beliefs.
The Drs who say a small cluster of cells are a life form are saying so only because their religions dictate it.
edit on 14-10-2011 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
I was raped at 14 and I kept my baby...I was a good parent but i never had a life myself none of what I wanted for me. People should have a choice and not be called murders!

Oh I am so sorry that you had to go through that. You are incredibly strong to have gone through that and still been capable of handling motherhood at such a young age, I can't even imagine.

I do so understand your feelings, my daughter now 21 was sexually assaulted at 15 and could not bring herself to tell anyone until she was 17, I felt like I was watching her die over those years, first she started getting sick all the time, passing out etc, it wasn't until she started having panic attacks and developed agoraphobia that we knew the problem was not a physical one and took her for help. It destroyed all of her high school years, no socialization to speak of etc.

And as if that weren't enough, no more than maybe a year after really starting to have a normal life, a guy she dated for a couple of months as he said "got mad" when she told him she wanted to end it (cause he was a pot head) and raped her...just this past July.

She luckily did not get pregnant from either attack, I know that she just would not have survived it, it would have been too much for her to handle.

You have my admiration for surviving what you have.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

H.R. 358 overturns decades of precedent guaranteeing people access to lifesaving emergency care

Hm, what's the opposite of life-saving??

Oh, and the reason for this bill and all other "life" legislation is to guarantee the future of the republican base. They need a lot of poor, uneducated people having kids they can't educate to ensure GOP votes in the future.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
if you went to the er and the doctor told you that you needed emergency surgery to save your life immediately, but then proceeded to tell you that well, it was against his religion to do the surgery, although he was trained on how to do it and could, well, what would your reaction be?? how understanding would you be as you sat there suffering while they hunted down a surgeon to come and save your life??

it's the same concept, if you can justify the one, you should also be just as eager to justify the other....
so, why not just come up with a law that would enable all doctors to follow their "beliefs" and well, deny treatment, lifesaving or not? and well, if we ever end up in the er with chest pains we can sit there and wonder if the doctor that they send out has some wacky belief that would prohibit him from starting our hearts back up if it happens to stop...or, well, hey, you smell like a ham, and sorry, I happen to be moslem, can't touch ya, bye!!!

edit on 14-10-2011 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by vatel
This is what the Republicans called the "Protect Life Act." And no, I am not kidding.
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi called it what it is... "a savage assault on women's health."
wait that remember me... of some thing that happend 78 years ago? its eugenics by law...
happy new world folks all sane and fertil women in the near future... does anybody know who came up with this law ?
I am really really scared.

www.rhrealitycheck.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Good. No more butchering the innocent babies for the crimes of the mothers fornications and indiscretions. They should be held accountable instead of getting out of the mess they created by sucking a babies brain out with a vacuum hose.

This is what it looks like when babies get aborted. It's about damned time somoene put a stop this this mass genocide of innocent children. This is the brutality of your so called "women's rights to butcher babies".

www.bing.com...

Enjoy the fruits of your labors.

edit on 14-10-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Good. No more butchering the innocent babies for the crimes of the mothers fornications and indiscretions. They should be held accountable instead of getting out of the mess they created by sucking a babies brain out with a vacuum hose.

Before blaming it all on the women and girls lonewolf19792000, take a moment to read Char-Lee's post above and then mine following it. Not all women/girls end up pregnant due to their own indiscretions. Men have a hand in pregnancy too....or well if they used that hand.....

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by vatel

Just the latest example of liberal demagoguery. "let women die"... "let old people die"... blah, blah, blah... It never changes. You would think that Progressives would make progress in their juvenile and illogical means of opposing something. The only reason they demagogue everything is because they can't argue facts with articulate points, because they have no articulate points, and so they resort to name calling and demagoguery. Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat..... yawn.

Until we are intelligent about these issues, we will stay divided. We must not rant in ignorance, as in the OP and title of this thread. This is the problem we have with government, and was addressed by none other than George Washington concerning the need for proper education for a democracy to flourish. There are and will always be the poor and ignorant, undisciplined, and unconforming elements of our society who will not "zip up" or wear a "glove" and we must continuously educate and remind them to protect themselves from obvious mistakes. Republicans do not generally accept this, and expect everyone to be responsible and mature. However, in reality, it is not so. The Democrats realize that this is so, and make provisions for these ignorant and undisciplined masses of fertile breeding citizens and wish to cover these expenses with their tax dollars. The essential difference is the Republicans are living in a dream, but do not accept it, and when in a majority they pass stupid laws and reap the consequences later. The Democrats, on the other hand, go overboard with expenses to be paid by the citizenry, and therefore find resistance in the conservatives. A populist position is to preserve the dignity and life of the mother who gets in trouble through no fault of her own, as is in this law. In order to agree, we must compromise some part of our individual positions to make a good average law, as is this law.

Compromise is the civil thread piercing the actions of all branches of government, and our only hope of keeping the fabric of our democracy 'seamingly' pacified for all.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

THIS "H.R. 358 overturns decades of precedent guaranteeing people access to lifesaving emergency care, including abortion care and says its ok that a pregnant woman fighting for her life be left to die.
"
is how it's killing women. If she is having a dire emergency and needs an emergency abortion to live, they will let her die.
Barbaric world.

I'm 100% Christian (not the 'do as I say, not as I do, and you will do ALL that I say' sort, mind you) and I FULLY back pro choice. It's your body, not mine.
Even if I was against abortion fully, if the woman's LIFE was in literal danger, and abortion would save her, hell yeah I'd save her. Nothing like bringing up a newborn motherless.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
crimes of the mothers fornications and indiscretions. They should be held accountable
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Oh you sound like a bright one...Mothers huh, where was Dad? you think she "fornicated alone?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join