It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wall Street Protesters Clash with Police in New York, Denver, Seattle

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by supine

Originally posted by pause4thought

Why are thy arresting people? These are patently peaceful protests, but Fox News (-I know-) is claiming demonstrators were obstructing traffic, overturning trash cans and throwing bottles.

Hard to say without actually being there, exactly what is going on.

All I can say is, perhaps there are people there who are being paid to throw bottles, etc.....so this could be an excuse for arrests?

Who knows, but whenever more than a few dozen people gather together for anything, there is always at least one stupid jerk in the crowd, no matter what the gathering is for. One person being an idiot can ruin it for the rest.

No it isn't, here say it with me.

Police....... brutality. The cops just love it to, but they make easy targets of themselves.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD

Originally posted by DangerDeath
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I suppose you are so proud of being such a good slave and raising your children to be just like you and never say no to their masters?

Seriously?? I am all for this movement, but speaking about peoples kids??? Low and uncalled for, no matter what you stand for

Seriously, you will not be the first one to use kids as an excuse for tyranny and all kinds of exploitation that is going unchecked around the globe.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

... again, a little extreme. Just chill out. You aren't getting much done from behind your comp. Go join the protest or something.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Lets see how it works.
1. You are 16 and you have a hard-on.
2. You find a girl of your age and you start a family.
3. Now, you have absolutely no choice left but to go dig coal for a miserable pay.
4. You tell your children: Well, kids, you have to do it my way, cause there is no other way...

Blast me, but this is how it works. No education, no brains, no guts, just the "necessity" to reproduce and make more ready-made slaves for the system to survive.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

... again, a little extreme. Just chill out. You aren't getting much done from behind your comp. Go join the protest or something.

Sorry, but it is only lies that affect people. Truth doesn't affect anyone. One has to fight with his own life for understanding the world. You can believe what you want, but playing into the hands of the great idea is not going to remove it for good.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

What are you saying? Don't work?? How do you suggest people survive then?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

What are you saying? Don't work?? How do you suggest people survive then?

Do you know someone who will actually survive?
The truth is, only the system survives and people die. Sooner or later, people all die.

That is the way a simple thing not understood works. You believe in survival and go around rampaging, but there is no such thing as survival.
Except - The System of Ignorance which survives for millennium or so.

This is what I am talking about.
People use this "survival" untruth as an excuse for all kinds of criminal acts. And children fit nicely into this concept of survival, cause at least "my line" will "survive", which is very "important", and others don't matter.
This is how the system works, primarily in people's heads. The Ignorance rules.

As for work - where do you think the idea of "profit" comes from?
There is no profit unless you take it from someone.
And they make profit a good reason to build a system around it.
But it is all about looting others.
The most idiotic part is that those who are bleed to death fight for this system.
Very difficult to understand, indeed.

edit on 14-10-2011 by DangerDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Are you a parent? No sarcassem. You can't just say f the system when you have kids. You have to work so they can have clothes and food. You have to have insurance for when they get sick. Do you understand that if you cannot provide these things that you are not doing your job as a parent? So what do you suggest?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Are you a parent? No sarcassem. You can't just say f the system when you have kids. You have to work so they can have clothes and food. You have to have insurance for when they get sick. Do you understand that if you cannot provide these things that you are not doing your job as a parent? So what do you suggest?

Exactly what I am saying. You have entrapped yourself. So praise the system!
Now that you have children you are done for and can't understand freedom at all.

I don't have children and never planned to have them. I kind of saw where it was going.

You see, freedom is about that, not being enslaved, even depriving yourself of ideas of survival and history and future...

I suggest you fight for understanding of what is really what, not just accept the effect of some wrong decisions you've made as written in stone.

Most of our past mistakes can be straightened out with proper interpretation.

When children are here, it is already a different position to start from. I'm not saying you should get rid of your children. But, try not to teach them to follow in your steps, if you see how exhausting it really is and how it feeds the inhuman system which will force them to either be victims or executioners.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

No it isn't, here say it with me.

Police....... brutality. The cops just love it to, but they make easy targets of themselves.

No. I won't say it with you. This is a huge generalization on your part. Sure, there are bad cops, but in no way do I believe they are all bad.

Never have, and never will.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I disagree with you. I am proud of the fact that we are doing things the way we are. My kids are no mistake, and I take offense to that statement. I'm raising my kids to be independent thinkers and leaders, not followers. But, they will also not be leeches on he system by not providing for themselves! I think you need to reevaluate your stance. I'm not passing judgement on you, but just out of curiosity, do you work? When you get sick and go to the Dr. Do you have insurance? These are things that YOU need to provide for yourself. Otherwise, you are part of the problem.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
How to explain police brutality?

It is either emotional, or in case of police, who are trained to execute orders.

Both ideas and emotions are projections, and being such, they are conditioned behavior. With ideas they come as protocols or logic. Logic demands - the logic of a police or army is to execute orders. It may nothing to do with emotions. It's "just" a "job". One has to do what he is told to do. Period.

If a policeman is doing as explained above, he is a machine. Not a human being, although a human being can be conditioned to behave as a machine...

The question is: why should such human beings not be considered responsible for their acts?
There is such invention, an excuse actually, as chain of command. Being dutiful, and so on... This is all part of slave conditioning.

Slave conditioning consists of emotions and ideas permanently embedded into one's psyche and body.

Typical slave emotions are: pride, proud of doing a good job; this automatically cleans any conscience conflict, at least temporarily. The fact is, most soldiers, coming back home, suffer from post traumatic stress disorder, but it happens in most cases after they become useless for the system, so they are actually abandoned by the system as junk...

The system only rides on top of the wave, while normal human beings, being so conditioned, have no chance to see the whole picture, and they may get smarter only when it is too late, when they are broken and discarded...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I disagree with you. I am proud of the fact that we are doing things the way we are. My kids are no mistake, and I take offense to that statement. I'm raising my kids to be independent thinkers and leaders, not followers. But, they will also not be leeches on he system by not providing for themselves! I think you need to reevaluate your stance. I'm not passing judgement on you, but just out of curiosity, do you work? When you get sick and go to the Dr. Do you have insurance? These are things that YOU need to provide for yourself. Otherwise, you are part of the problem.

What does it mean "leeches on the system"? I think it is the other way around. So, do you mean, they will become good and proud members of the system and not feed on others? I don't think that is possible at all...

I have friends who are doctors... Don't need insurance. But, I do pay for the insurance. The problem is, your idealism don't translate to the system. Where I live, health care system is broken and will never be repaired. Because it was used as a systemic tool to take money from people who hoped the system had something better on its mind for them. It's over and too late. So, all I have is some friends who are doctors and they help me without charging me. It works for me.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Obviously we are having some kind of break down in communication. I dont know if its because I'm feeling sick, or we are just not understanding eachother, so bare with me. What are you suggesting as a fix. For people to be self sufficiant?? Living off the grid type lifestyles? If so, why arent you doing it? And im only assuming that you dont because you are on ats right now, and most people that are off the grid don't really have internet and such. Again, not being nasty.. just trying to be clear on your point.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Don't remember police clashing with TEA Party protesters?

TEA Party is the prime example of a great protest.

FLEA Party is a better example of a mob.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Obviously we are having some kind of break down in communication. I dont know if its because I'm feeling sick, or we are just not understanding eachother, so bare with me. What are you suggesting as a fix. For people to be self sufficiant?? Living off the grid type lifestyles? If so, why arent you doing it? And im only assuming that you dont because you are on ats right now, and most people that are off the grid don't really have internet and such. Again, not being nasty.. just trying to be clear on your point.

You know, it's a big philosophy, and the system has taken care of it very well.
Most people don't have time for it, or to put it more bluntly: people don't have enough energy to deal with understanding the world.
So, from your position, the communication is definitely broken. But it is broken on your side, not mine.

I did not fall for the big promise, I don't have any loans, and I own what I really need, so I can spend a lot of time by computer and try to figure out how the whole mess really came to be in the first place.

The problem is, how to place truth, which has no price and is worthless into the existing civilization/system? Who do you think will pay me for pointing out at something that lies around in abundance and is ready for picking (the truth)? However, nobody bothers to pick the pieces on its own and make a grandiose advance and an evolutionary leap. Why?

The System, of your feelings and ideas are there to prevent you from exiting the limits of the circle drawn around you.

I have to tell you. I gave up. I do this for my own pleasure, knowing that I can't help anyone.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

That's fine.. you take so much pride in acting like you know more than others, that you fail to take everything into account. I ask questions before I develop an opinion on someone. You on the other hand, wanted to only give answers without understanding me as a person. If you would have took a second and disarmed your shield, you would have found out that we are not that different. We also own our home and do not borrow. My husband is a huge survivalist and we ARE ready for a shtf scenario. Your process of passing judgement hinders your ability to learn about others. We will continue to live The way we are, and when things get bad, we will continue to live by any means. Thanks for the debate though and no hard feelings.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

That's fine.. you take so much pride in acting like you know more than others, that you fail to take everything into account. I ask questions before I develop an opinion on someone. You on the other hand, wanted to only give answers without understanding me as a person. If you would have took a second and disarmed your shield, you would have found out that we are not that different. We also own our home and do not borrow. My husband is a huge survivalist and we ARE ready for a shtf scenario. Your process of passing judgement hinders your ability to learn about others. We will continue to live The way we are, and when things get bad, we will continue to live by any means. Thanks for the debate though and no hard feelings.

You simply forgot how our discussion started.
I reacted to one post by a person who did have mortgage etc... and used that fact to justify the system which is suckling his blood, and blood of his children.

On the other hand, if I were trying to sell you something, instead of offering it for free, you wouldn't shun me like this, would you? Pass by worthless people who have no bank account.

The shtf scenario starts every day for everyone, and situation as these protests is not going to bring in any kind of resolution to this problem.

I have been here on ATS long enough to see that most people believe sitting in their apartments with lots of food in reserve and gun in their lap will solve the problem. You simply have no experience of what real shtf means.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Here I found a vid of the "scooter incident". The funny thing is, the cop runs the guy over, stops, then goes forward again, so the guys leg is blocked under the back wheel. Then the cop gets off and does some crowd control, why the guy is still blocked under his scooter! Then he gets arrested by some other cops.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I might check out the Guelph Occupation tomorrow if I am not too busy, I wonder how Occupy Toronto will go, the G20 still hangs a dark shadow over it, as well as Occupy Vancouver with the Hockey riot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join