It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wall Street Protesters Clash with Police in New York, Denver, Seattle

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Wall Street Protesters Clash with Police in New York, Denver, Seattle

www.foxnews.com

Protesters in New York, Denver and Seattle clashed with authorities as at least 48 arrests were made early Friday near Occupy Wall Street encampments.

Police in New York said they made at least 14 arrests after a few hundred protesters marched through lower Manhattan near Zuccotti Park...

...an NYPD scooter accidently struck a protester, causing him to fall to the ground screaming before kicking the vehicle over to free his foot. He was then arrested.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Why are thy arresting people? These are patently peaceful protests, but Fox News (-I know-) is claiming demonstrators were obstructing traffic, overturning trash cans and throwing bottles.

Is there any reliable evidence this is what happened? What's really going on down there? And was that scooter actually being driven carefully?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Citizens arrest cops who break the law!!!!

hooray!!!
edit on 14-10-2011 by OccupyPlanet because: spelling

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
"Why are thy arresting people? These are patently peaceful protests"

You should really go down to one of these protests and see how some of these clowns practice "peaceful protests"

Most of these types of arrests can be avoided . But the protestors love the photo op of police on top of them .

Its the only way they can get people to listien to there blurry demands.

Its classical psy-op tricks. The MSM eats it up . The general masses build sympathy and side more with protestors.

It's really a shame they have to resort to such antics to piss off the police who have to do their jobs. All for a photo op and a cry of "look martial law"

give me a break

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought

Why are thy arresting people?

Because they actively oppose the establishment. That's why.

Why should there be dissent in such a perfect society that capitalism has brought us in the West? I mean, that's what they teach us as kids in schools... that we're the role model for the world hence why we beat those backwards Soviets twenty years ago and yada yada yada... right?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Defenders of the systemic violence on this forum are numerous and unscrupulous.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Way to go Boys in blue, Who get thier pay checks from me and you, If they only knew, who the heck they are really working for, maybe they would be protecting the protestors. Crazy, The Government and the Big Corporations and the Elite have gone too far, just to protect their status quo.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought

Why are thy arresting people? These are patently peaceful protests, but Fox News (-I know-) is claiming demonstrators were obstructing traffic, overturning trash cans and throwing bottles.

Hard to say without actually being there, exactly what is going on.

All I can say is, perhaps there are people there who are being paid to throw bottles, etc.....so this could be an excuse for arrests?

Who knows, but whenever more than a few dozen people gather together for anything, there is always at least one stupid jerk in the crowd, no matter what the gathering is for. One person being an idiot can ruin it for the rest.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
One thing is really missing at these protests.
Where are the musicians?
Where are the great rock bands to tear apart the black curtain thrown upon the peoples of the world?

edit on 14-10-2011 by DangerDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by supine... paid to throw bottles ...

Am I the only person on ATS who sees that the majority of people are economically oppressed in the US and they are rising up in the streets? Because I don't really get how it can be seen in a different way. People don't start doing this type of stuff for sh*ts and giggles; they do it because they feel like they must.
edit on 14-10-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
One thing is really missing at these protests.
Where are the musicians?
Where are the great rock bands to tear apart the black curtain thrown upon the peoples of the world?

edit on 14-10-2011 by DangerDeath because: (no reason given)

They are sitting back to terrified to show up.

Why? They love getting paid over and over and over again, for doing a job once. A recording.

Perhaps they are part of the capitolistic pig problem.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by supine... paid to throw bottles ...

I am the only person on ATS who sees that the majority of people are economically oppressed in the US and they are rising up in the streets? Because I don't really get how it can be seen in a different way. People don't start doing this type of stuff for sh*ts and giggles; they do it because they feel like they must.

Exactly. I'd rather live in bliss like the kids who sponge off their parents and post on this site, but I had to live through some of the worst the system has to offer because I had a mortgage and got taxed to death. When these kids grow up and go into the real world, they won't be so cocky and arrogant.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I suppose you are so proud of being such a good slave and raising your children to be just like you and never say no to their masters?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
if a person is run over and killed by a police scooter, is it considered vehicular manslaughter? or just a job well done?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I must say I'm all in favor of citizens arresting police for over stepping the bounds of their authority. The irony alone is almost too much to resist. Wonder if it's legal to "rough" em up a bit if they resist? Turn about is fair play no?

And trust me, in situations like this the police live in fear of the crowd turning on them.. more and more so as the general mood sours. And things seem to be simmering plenty.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by Warhacks

The link is wrong. You posted it with a phone?
edit on 14-10-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The "Occupy" movement will gain some more if its own history, and then it will really start rolling fueled by the brutality of the system...
Because there is a lot more energy stored in people's emotions than in the depths of Mother Earth.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
All I am going to say is you have a right to defend yourself, regardless WHO is attacking you imo. I don't care what the "rules" are, if I'm standing there protesting and some douche bag rides his scooter into me, I might be tempted to kick his teeth down his throat.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I suppose you are so proud of being such a good slave and raising your children to be just like you and never say no to their masters?

Where did you pull that from? I'm the least cooperative slave you've ever spoke to.
I said I'd rather be blissful and care about stupid Football and TV shows but the reality is that if one can do that, then they are just not paying attention to anything at all.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Seriously?? I am all for this movement, but speaking about peoples kids??? Low and uncalled for, no matter what you stand for

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join