It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do you believe in reincarnation?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
i definitely believe in reincarnation, which makes me a bit strange because i am working on becoming a psychologist. but i believe the soul is different than the mind. yes brain damage and disease can change a personality, motor skills, ect...but does it affect the soul? i guess we can't know if we don't know what the soul is or where it is housed in the body. i've often wondered with brain damaged patients if the soul isn't still the same and because the center of the bodies functioning has been damaged...may we can't see who they still are as easily. another comment, if you are christian you can't or don't believe in reincarnation, right? but still, why, being a "christ"ian would you judge and down other people for their beliefs? as far as i knew christians are followers of christ and from what i read and remember from my chilhood, christ never made judgement or outcasted any of his fellow man. enough of my ranting....i just hate it when some folks can't give an intelligent reply and fall to the level of childish "it's evil" remarks. has anyone out there had past life rememberances or seen your kids do wierd stuff? my son(3yr) was speaking german as a 18 month old...and his father and i didn't teach it to him...was he remembering a past life? anyone else have experiences like that?

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by PanzerDiv

Originally posted by SILVERTHORN
U can believe me if u want or not it is your problem but
it doesn t exist
another invention from evil
just hell or paradize
people don t have other possibilities
so be good in life

You religious people just wont quit will you?

What I mean is, if its not in ur so called "Holy" Books itz not real and that ='s ingnorence at its Best!

[edit on 30-8-2004 by PanzerDiv]

the stupidity spoke
two solutions
the first to laugh of the silliness
the second to have mercy of this poor boy

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dinorubio
if you believe in reincarnation, tell me this: how do people contact souls from the other side if reincarnation exists??? something is not right...

(i'm portuguese, i would thank you all to not write confusing english...)

thanks for the attention

I don't believe, that people can speak with those on the other side. My opinion, is that it is a lie...

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SILVERTHORN
U can believe me if u want or not it is your problem but
it doesn t exist
another invention from evil
just hell or paradize
people don t have other possibilities
so be good in life

How are you so sure of this. You don't even know about when the history of "hell" came into human thought.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychosgirl
my son(3yr) was speaking german as a 18 month old...and his father and i didn't teach it to him...was he remembering a past life? anyone else have experiences like that?

What was he saying ? Please feel free to u2u me if you don't want to talk here...
I am very curious!

U.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
i read two intersting books by Brian Weiss, a psychiatrist, about reincarnation. "many lives, many masters" and "messages from the masters". he was a purely scientific and logical guy for many many years until he started notices some interesting patterns in some of his patients. he did many experiments and compared alot of cases which made him come to believe in reincarnation. if nothing, his books are an interesting read.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I think God can do what ever He wants to do.
If sometimes He wants to send a soul back to
'try again' He can ... but the bible says it doesn't
happen.

I hope there is no reincarnation. It's a depressing
thought. Once I get off this planet, I don't ever
want to have to come back. I want to MOVE ON.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Okay some of you may think I'm a lil crazy but I believe that you can be reincarnated but I also believe in heaven. I think you are put on this earth to grow and learn and until you have done what you have came here to do you are reincarnated. I think once your job here is done you then go to heaven. I think ghosts are ppl who do not know they are dead and get stuck here on earth. Who know's we will all find out once we are gone!

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
What about controlled reincarnation? :-)) It could be cool to decide, where you want to be forever. If you don't want to be a rat in your next life, you may reincarnate into a human, and there is no fear of being an animal in the next life.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
in Dr. Weiss' books he states that he believes that we choose our next life. for example, we choose our parents because one or both of them are people that were involved in our previous lives(according to dr. weiss)
i think it would be nice to be able to choose where you go next, however i am a firm believer in "what-goes-around-comes-around" so i feel like what we do in the present life is the deciding factor on what our next life is to be.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I believe in reincarnation.

When the brain is damaged,is the soul affected? I have put a lot of thought into that I do not think that the soul is affected,all that is affected is who the person is in this life.

I also recently learned that my last life was about 2400 years ago,talk about a gap,and though I am not entirely sure about that,I believe it to be true.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I think God can do what ever He wants to do.
If sometimes He wants to send a soul back to
'try again' He can ... but the bible says it doesn't
happen.

I hope there is no reincarnation. It's a depressing
thought. Once I get off this planet, I don't ever
want to have to come back. I want to MOVE ON.

I agree, He can do what he wants. Most of the dead are sleeping till judgement but some have more to do or if GOD feels this than it will be. The Spirits that we speak to and vice versa are Angels or Demons. May be a few Saints or Elders here and there and ofcouse Satan.

Mystery of the Ages is a good book. I dont agree with some of his thoughts but the basics are there as he decodes the bible.

Also, when you sleep some of you Astral Project, Lucid Dream etc. Well what if the sleeping dead have a similar ability. No matter what this is the last cycle anyway or so prophesized.

I have a calling, the Tree of Life was shown to me, I know I have lived in the past and so have most of you for you are asking questions of those that are usually called. Those being called now are going to assist in the new world in the second coming of Jesus.

The bottom line is that GOD sais all of us have been mislead in our religions even christians and I think most of us who use this forum see beyond that. I think maybe we are suppose to because deep down we know the real deal.
I know I do because this world is so fake and Ive felt that way since a child seeing no use for religion. This is Satans world not GOD.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by thethrall_nb

Originally posted by daniel191159
You are on to something. Go to the website www.otherkin.net to find out more on this question. It deals with reincarnation into bodies of different species.

It's called Transmigration of the soul... Traveling up and down the scale of creatures depending on how you lived your life. It's a common belief among many Buddists.

You sort of have the picture. But instead of thinking that all souls are the same essentially, this concept states that souls are meant for one type of body (therefore a human soul and a cat soul are different from a dog soul or a lizard soul) but is put into another. So you have a dog soul in a human body or any other animal.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I prefer the idea of reincarnation above other (christian) ideas. It harmonizes with how the universe works, how energy is transformed, how life evolves. If we indeed have souls, why would a God give us one chance and one chance only to reach our full potential? Would the native indian in the amazonas go to Hell, because he does'nt believe in Jesus (or rather has never had the chance to hear about Jesus) while the rich son of a wealthy preacher would go to heaven? Sure. Good and fair judging there, G.

No, I can't believe in a God like that. And there is nothing like a Judgement Day for all humanity. If there really is a God, then I belive he made the universe for all life and all souls to grow and evolve in. Not just to live one life and then be judged.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Not only do I believe. I can remember...I even gave a verifiable street address and number for the late 1800's.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
My philosophy doesn't really fit in that question easily. I have a theory I dubbed 'The Rainbow of Soul' back in '95 Bewilderness, here:
Bewilderness: The Rainbow of Soul

There are more options than "heaven & hell" vs. "reincarnation" it turns out. :-) I'd explain, but the link has pictures and various topics that explain it far better than I could do in a forum post.

I used to be a medical-model skeptic. And hypnotist. It was actually past-life regressions that gradually put a crack in my belief system. Which other things then took a crowbar to. ;-)

Best,
PJ

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join