It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do you believe in reincarnation?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
if you believe in reincarnation, tell me this: how do people contact souls from the other side if reincarnation exists??? something is not right...

(i'm portuguese, i would thank you all to not write confusing english...)

thanks for the attention

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
what about going to heaven for a bit and then being reincarnated...

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
But what if you go to Hell. Do you get reincarnated then? I suppose not, but I always wondered that. If people who go to Hell, assuming there is a Heaven and Hell, perhaps they don't get reincarnated, and THEY are the spirits people talk to. Think about that next time you're high.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Reincarnatin is not something that is "Instantaneous" upon the moment of death. There is a sort of Down time in between each exsistace. It varies from person to person, could take a year, could take centuries between lives..

As for "Heaven and Hell" the are mearly concepts of the Sub-concious Human mind each created by our own personal belief systems...It's simply about how long it takes you to overcome your own personal "Mental prision" as to how you develop and grow spiritually.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
That is also my understanding.

U.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   
U can believe me if u want or not it is your problem but
it doesn t exist
another invention from evil
just hell or paradize
people don t have other possibilities
so be good in life

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
www.gnosis-usa.com...

[edit on 12-9-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   
you must remember that everyone is not always reincarnated and the reincarnation wont be exactly like the first person

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I think either (1) there is a God, and an afterlife or (2) there is reincarnation. I say that because, well, I'm here. I had to come from someplace. If God created me, well then there is a God, and something else beyond this life. If there is no God, I still had to come from somewhere. So when I die, I go back to wherever I was before I was born (even if that is nothingness), which means I can be picked out again to live another life. If that makes sense.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   
"Those who have not dissolved the ego, the Self, the Me, Myself, go, after death, along the path of smoke, of the dark lunar fortnight and the southern solstice, reaching the Lunar sphere and are then reborn, Return, reembody in this painful Vale of Samsara."

The Self is NOT the same as the ego. The self is, but not the Self. I see it too often get confused. When you "know" the Self, which is the unchangeable reality, that which is constant, you transcend samsara, the world of dualities, and don't have to reincarnate anymore.

It's when you only identify yourself with the ego, the self, and have been unable to transcend it that you tend to reincarnate.

However, that's all I think they get wrong. They do choose to make a distinction between reincarnation and return, perhaps rightfully so, though.

And yes, Hindus do believe there is a heaven and hell (7 heavens and 7 hells, I think, possibly corresponding to the 7 upper body chakras and 7 lower body chakras). In the Mahabharata, it starts off with a king in a heaven who had previously existed on Earth. He was listening to the lectures of Brahma on how he created the universe, but he saw a goddess and he suddenly became overcome with desire. This is what brought him back down to earth again.

Neither heaven nor hell is permanent, it's merely a resting place before you reincarnate. All souls have the chance to redeem themselves and merge with God once again. They're given plenty of chances to do so.

[edit on 30-8-2004 by bhagavadgita]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Reincarnatin is not something that is "Instantaneous" upon the moment of death. There is a sort of Down time in between each exsistace. It varies from person to person, could take a year, could take centuries between lives..

As for "Heaven and Hell" the are mearly concepts of the Sub-concious Human mind each created by our own personal belief systems...It's simply about how long it takes you to overcome your own personal "Mental prision" as to how you develop and grow spiritually.

Pretty much my concept as well....

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I'm glad I have never been religiously indoctrinated. Those who have & try to rid themselves of it often find that it stays with them on a subconscious level.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I don't know what to believe at this topic, but really strange questions may come to surface. :

If we reincarnate, what is the insurance, that we'll be humans or animals.. or plants, micro organisms, rock, etc..?

If there is Heaven.. and everyone gets there after death... did you imagine, how many animals, plants, or germs are currently there?!

This is a very sensetive question, and is related to religion. Perhaps, reincarnation does exist, in our future life we may find our way into another civilization in a different galaxy.. as dinosaurs.. ?

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
You are on to something. Go to the website www.otherkin.net to find out more on this question. It deals with reincarnation into bodies of different species.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SILVERTHORN
it doesn t exist
just hell or paradize
so be good in life

You religious people just wont quit will you?

What I mean is, if its not in ur so called "Holy" Books itz not real and that ='s ingnorence at its Best!

[edit on 30-8-2004 by PanzerDiv]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dinorubio
if you believe in reincarnation, tell me this: how do people contact souls from the other side if reincarnation exists??? something is not right...

(i'm portuguese, i would thank you all to not write confusing english...)

thanks for the attention

Some of us have work to do or a lesson to be learned. Theres a place at every level of the big picture , people and higher beings.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Well, some of us thing there is kind of a collective consciousness. Animals and other lower life are simply a smaller piece of this consciousness (theologists would call it God). When they die, they are kind of brought back into the fold so to speak, but with the lessons they learned increasing the experience of the whole (or God). They may choose to stay in this plane indefinitely, for a time, or soon return but in a higher (bigger piece) of this consciousness. I suppose it's safe to assume that some may go back and be reborn with smaller concentrations of this essence, and thus as lesser creatures, but I'm sure it's the exception not the rule...

That's just one take on it of course...but it does explain the whole idea of what happens to pets' "spirits" etc. a lot better than most religions...(especially Christianity which asserts only mankind goes to "Heaven")....

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I don't know. Neurobiology shows that the brain is the mind. Brain damage can change your personality or your memories. Chemicals can change your emotions and can shut down your consciousness. At the moment, I think the evidence favours a materialistic view of the mind; brain and mind are the same. This would automatically rule out any form of reincarnation or afterlife.

I recently read an article by Paul Bloom: Natural-Born Dualists. It says that our intuition is that mind and body are seperate and that this is the reason we think a soul exists:

In the domain of bodies, most of us accept that common sense is wrong. We concede that apparently solid objects are actually mostly empty space, consisting of tiny particles and fields of energy. Perhaps the same sort of reconciliation will happen in the domain of souls, and it will come to be broadly recognized that our dualist belief system, though intuitively appealing, is factually mistaken.

(...)

The insights of neuroscience are a much harder pill to swallow than, say, evolutionary biology. A religion such as Judaism or Catholicism might survive even if it comes to reject a literal account of God creating man and animals. But it cannot survive the rejection of the immaterial soul. Pope John Paul II was clear about this. A few years ago, he famously conceded that our bodies may have evolved, and that the Darwinian theory of evolution might well be true. But he drew the line at souls, stating that theories "which consider the mind as emerging from the forces of living matter, or as a mere epiphenomenon of this matter, are incompatible with the truth about man." Over 300 years ago, a philosopher named Henry Moore expressed this view in even sharper terms, writing: "No spirit, no God."

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by daniel191159
You are on to something. Go to the website www.otherkin.net to find out more on this question. It deals with reincarnation into bodies of different species.

It's called Transmigration of the soul... Traveling up and down the scale of creatures depending on how you lived your life. It's a common belief among many Buddists.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SILVERTHORN
it doesn t exist
just hell or paradize
so be good in life

If people don't "Have" other possibilities, then doesn't that make us "Slaves". Therefore negating the concept of Free Will...(Which is supposedly God's gift to man) So, wouldn't that mean that there is NO God?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join