It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Tucson Starts Tomorrow!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
As planned for weeks, a peaceful protest will be starting in Tuscon tomorrow to join the Occupy Wall Street Movement.

This is going to be a big deal, there's a few thousand likes on the local facebook page. Hundreds have been showing up for the preparation meetings.

The protest starts at 9am in Armory Park. There was some confusion, initially, as to where to hold the protest. Armory Park is downtown in the business district and by a major bus stop. So, people without cars (which is most Tucsonians) will be easily able to come. There is also a car pool section on the website. occupytucson.org...

The movement has its own legal advisers and civil rights attorneys, should the police get out of hand.

azstarnet.com...

I plan on attending the event and posting behind the scene's photos tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Here are some informative videos on the movement: www.livestream.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
"It's called the American Dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it."

WAKE UP!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by chanel

Still not sure what exactly they are protesting. Give me a summary, please.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
If they want to do a protest they should have started it at the border of nogales.......

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Armory park? Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to avoid the area.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Oh, a list of things to protest? LOL!

Well, first off, how about that one thing...oh, SB1070?

Since, there's limitless problems with the state of AZ and its politics, a lot of things are going to be protested.

Also, since freedom of speech and the right to a peaceful protest is our first amendment right, AND everyone is their own individual with different opinions and ideologies, then questioning "why are people protesting" is absurd.

The people that created SB1070, (which is a racist law) are the same people that own the prison system and decide what tax money goes where....which is not to the University/ education system BUT to the Border Patrol and Prison/ Detainment systems.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
If they want to do a protest they should have started it at the border of nogales.......

I agree with you but the border of Nogales is only an hour or so away. People from all over will be coming to this.

A lot of people are going to be protesting SB1070 and the race issue.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by chanel

I agree with you but the border of Nogales is only an hour or so away. People from all over will be coming to this.

A lot of people are going to be protesting SB1070 and the race issue.

Ok, this worries me. I for one live in Arizona, and do not consider this issue to be a racist one. I do not believe that any illegals, no matter what race they are should be receiving services in the state paid for by my tax dollars.

Sombody pointedly asked you earlier in your thread how this pertains to the other occupy events going on.

And maybe, just maybe if you think about it, part of the problem in the country has to do with the amount of tax dollars going to benefit illegals, rather the the citizens of this country.

You just don't have a clue, do you?

top topics

join