It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shill Conspiracy - I Am Calling You Out.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
It is so obvious that there are shills on every conspiracy forum available. I am certai ly not against critisism or being proved wrong from time to time, its a healthy thing. But when one sees posts regarding subjects like 9/11 that are obviously designed to hurt, anger and frustrate people while telling blatent lies, one has to asl the the fundemental question: are these people (shills) being paid to spread lies on these forums, and have they no concience at all?

Children also died on 9/11 and it breaks ones heart, and to see people disrespect their short lives by spreading lies and disinformation makes you wonder. What is the mentality of these people? They must have some kind of brain disfunction and mental disorder. Because they obviously feel no empathy.

I was never a conspiracy theorist until I saw the overwhelming evidence that 9/11 was an inside job. The mentality of the 9/11 shills IMHO is totally sick and seriously disturbed. To be paid for aiding and abetting in child murder by deliberately pointing the finger elsewhere. Sorrry if this offends the shills but its the truth and the truth hurts.

Sick.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Have you heard of "earnest voice"? Theres not as many as you think, but the persona management software allows each person to be dozens of people.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Yes a fair amount of them are paid jobs. Corporations apparently are also employers - just think with all the people rising against monsanto, for an example.. why wouldn't they hire people to defend them in regular forums? It may eventually drive their stocks down, or worse, if people actually found out their deceptions with no one around to defend the lies?

I know this is from Alex Jones, speaking of paid shills... but its the link I come up with this morning.

Government pays for net forum support

They are relatively easy to spot, thank goodness. Just search this site for "shills" or "trolls" for any pointers.

S & F for bringing it up - can never be brought forward enough.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I was never a conspiracy theorist until I saw the overwhelming evidence that 9/11 was an inside job.

Me too man. This lack of evidence and the many holes in the OS of 9/11 created my skepticism and questioning of official stories from the gov't. I knew they were corrupt before 9/11, but I had no idea how concerned I really should have been about them and what they are capable of.

These threads are meaningless for the most part. Most people I know offline have never heard of Alex Jones, David Icke, WeAreChange, AE911Truth, etc., they do know who is on Dancing with the Stars though.
Until we can take back control of the TV programing, our voices will never be heard much past Youtube and sites like this.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Repeat after me.

You are not interesting. You are not important. You are not powerful.

The opinions of some posters on this internet forum will not change the world.

The government doesn't care.

People are rude on the internet, as well as stubborn, and they share differing reviews regards conspiracies. Disagreement on those issues, rude or not, is not a sign of shills.

Have you ever conclusively proved the existence of even one shill? According to you, I am likely one of them.

When one sees exactly the same behaviour on the part of the "Truthers", who are we to assume is paying them?
edit on 14-10-2011 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
As someone who has been called a shill on numerous occasions I'm going to tell you that you're just being paranoid. Conspiracy theorists have done enough on their own to ruin their credibility. The government doesn't need to do a thing. The majority of the population will tune you out as soon as you start talking about conspiracy theories regardless of whether you're right or not. So conspiracy theorists don't really present any real threat to the establishment that would require the expenditure of resources.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
Children also died on 9/11 and it breaks ones heart, and to see people disrespect their short lives by spreading lies and disinformation makes you wonder. What is the mentality of these people? They must have some kind of brain disfunction and mental disorder. Because they obviously feel no empathy.

Yeah, I think it's evidence of some kind of disorder, too. The monomania, obvious delusions, elaborate fantasies, ineducability, and disordered thinking are all evidence that the average Truther suffers from some kind of

I was never a conspiracy theorist until I saw the overwhelming evidence that 9/11 was an inside job.

Oh.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
As a person who uses the word "shill" occassionally, I will say that I don't really believe there are paid shills here. I use the word figuratively...Kinda like, "If anybody thought your opinion mattered, you would have made a great shill."

As I write this and think about it, an unpaid shill is actually far better than a paid shill because an unpaid shill is just a weak-minded person who believes everything the government feeds them, so their arguments would tend to be more sincere. Whereas a paid shill is probably more intelligent and strong-minded, but since he doesn't have the conviction that the unpaid shill has, his messages would tend to not be as "sincere".

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I don't trust anyone who calls them self a "truther".

"The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
They are very easy to spot. I see different ones on certain topics. They flow in a pack and it is amusing to watch them work. Most are very aggressive at pushing buttons to incite anger. That is the easiest way to derail a thread. Once the anger starts, it spreads.

I don't mind seeing them as much anymore because of their transparency. I actually feel they are nothing more than pawns in the game whether they are paid or not. They actually make so called conspiracy theorist dig deeper for the truth, although most of these conspiracy theories will never be solved. I would like to see how many people they actually cause to rethink what they believe? I doubt very many because of their aggressive stance on each topic they role play for. Some may anger at them but they are just playing their role in life. Some people are meant to play certain roles. If we all agreed we would be rather boring. If their post anger you, switch to another thread or stop reading their material. Anger derails the topics. The Skeptics or Shills are the catalyst.

Peace to all.
edit on 14-10-2011 by Buford2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonTattooz

Not true at all. Some people just note the aggressiveness of the debate and take note. I support an independent investigation and criminal charges to be brought against anyone within our government who may be responsible. At the same time, any "truther" who claims someone guilty of such heinous crimes, when or if they're not, should also have to pay a price. Frankly I'm sick of both sides, but I was fed up with our government long before I got sick of the nauseating display of "truthers."

Both sides exhibit desperation, straw grasping, and agenda pursuit. Therefore I remain weary.

That's all I'll say as I'm certainly not qualified to argue most of the technicalities. Like I said, we need an independent investigation. No government and no "truthers". I know, I know...good luck with that. But that's the only way to settle this once and for all because both wells are poisoned. I don't think "truth" matters as much to either side as much as they claim it does, at this point it's just about destroying political enemies. This is no longer a debate, it's a feud.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Sure there are paid shills on all sites.
And in life there are those who , whole heartedly believe in opposing views and are very passionate about it.
With the internet comes anonymity and that provides for antagonist , trolls, shills and mouth pieces for those who have an agenda. Take it with a grain of salt , don't let that stop anyone from posting their thoughts , feelings and beliefs.
Just stay within the sites guide lines.
edit on 14-10-2011 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Children also died on 9/11 and it breaks ones heart, and to see people disrespect their short lives by spreading lies and disinformation makes you wonder. What is the mentality of these people? They must have some kind of brain disfunction and mental disorder. Because they obviously feel no empathy

In other words, you're saying: "Won't someone think of the children! You don't hate children, do you?"

Exactly what I'm talking about. A most shameful approach. This is one of the dirtiest tactics used almost explicitly by people motivated politically, not by any desire for truth. If you're wrong you've used dead children to further an agenda, what that is I don't know but I can smell it. Smells like cat piss. Unmistakable.

This is one reason why so many people continue to doubt your movement. Outside of 9/11, you're indistinguishable from the prostiticians currently running the show. It's psychological manipulation 101.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Yep, just because we don't believe in whatever theory you do, we must be shills.

I get called that in the geo-engineering and secret society forums all the time. Mostly because of the complete lack of evidence.

But the other half is the huge government paycheck and all the shiny trinkets.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

It is so obvious that there are shills on every conspiracy forum available.

Ever think people just don't agree with you? Or in my case think you're probably not too bright and in need of medication?

Your megalomania is showing. You're really not important enough for ANYONE to pay someone to post opposing viewpoints to yours.

Sorry, but it's true.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2
You're really not important enough for ANYONE to pay someone to post opposing viewpoints to yours.

Sorry, but it's true.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Especially as concerns "conspiracy" stuff. The large majority of the mainstream public will roll their eyes and close their ears as soon as anything conspiratorial is brought up. Most people just don't believe it; everything is exactly as it seems to be. What would be the point of paying people to change the minds, or start trouble, within a group that, by most measurements is considered to be "fringe"?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Sometimes there are people who genuinely disagree with something posted, and sometimes that's not the case.
If there is something you do not subscribe to, and want to discuss it, always try to provide decent information and be polite. This is the best way to keep information flowing between disagreeing parties.

Sometimes I'll see people post a thread, and everyone that disagrees is a payed shill thug, and then sometimes I'll see blatant hate rudeness and rejection from people that are the shills in question.

It's unfortunate that people do this - and are sometimes payed to do it. The best remedy is information delivered with respect, and the willingness to agree to disagree should that come about.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
ill point out the elephant in the room. there was hardly a presence of these types until the department of defense announced their "cognitive infiltration" of websites of this nature.

sure they were their, but in much smaller numbers. and they were far less militant with their efforts. its one thing to voice an opinion but its completely different when you patrol specific topics belittling anyone and everyone who dare subscribe to a particular theory.

this policing of topics is relatively new. even skeptics have a particular interest in the discussion of those things they are skeptical about. but these (dare i say trolls?) show not even the slightest bit of interest....even borderline resentment.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnrelentingLurker
ill point out the elephant in the room. there was hardly a presence of these types until the department of defense announced their "cognitive infiltration" of websites of this nature.

sure they were their, but in much smaller numbers. and they were far less militant with their efforts. its one thing to voice an opinion but its completely different when you patrol specific topics belittling anyone and everyone who dare subscribe to a particular theory.

this policing of topics is relatively new. even skeptics have a particular interest in the discussion of those things they are skeptical about. but these (dare i say trolls?) show not even the slightest bit of interest....even borderline resentment.

The government announcment came on the heels of corporate use.

The companies and special interests were first to use the methods.

The popularity has spawned a following of self proclaimed "shills".

"shills" that are pushing the agendas on their own.

"All for the greater good" as they say.

The sockpuppets are in wide use also, but easier to detect.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Sorry if this post is a bit late.
Anyone who regularly visits these pages on ATS will know who the shills are.
They are very easy to spot by their overwhelming presence on ATS.
I wouldn't be surprised if they are paid and come onto this site for their eight hour working day, how else could they devote so much time and energy on the site.
They come onto these sites just to waste peoples time and interfere with intelligent discussion.
The best policy with these shills is to totally ignore them, do not answer their posts, they are regurgitating the same rubbish over and over again.

<<   2 >>

join