It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photoshop will soon be able to DE-BLURR images-potentiall use on Roswell memo photo!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
hmmm, it seems as though the Adobe-thing was a bit of hype.....

Adobe has admitted an image used in its 'image deblur' presentation was artificially blurred for the purposes of the demonstration. The company said the blur on the image was 'more complicated than anything we can simulate using Photoshop's blur capabilities.' It described the move as 'common practice in research' and defended the use of the image because 'we wanted it to be entertaining and relevant to the audience.' The other images shown were the result of camera shake, it said.

blogs.adobe.com...
www.dpreview.com...
edit on 19/10/2011 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604
hmmm, it seems as though the Adobe-thing was a bit of hype.....

That figures

Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended US $999.00

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You would not need the Extended version unless you are doing 3D work. CS5 is all you would need.

Photoshop for somebody like me who uses it in their work is actually quite cheap as programs I use go. It only needs to save me a few hours compared to the free stuff to make it worth every penny and then some.

Plenty of people seem to be able to afford it as evidenced by all the posts using it by people who do not understand it and how things like the filters work. Many don't get what interpolation is for instance.

As to working with noisy or blurry images there are already plug-ins that do a better job. I spend more on plug-ins for Photoshop than I do on Photoshop. They just use the capabilities Photoshop already has but add an easy to use interface making time consuming tasks faster. After hundreds of hours of experimentation I can take many blurred or out of focus images and make then look good and sharp in a print. That is the intent of Photoshop, not forensics.

I also have an old Forensics plug-in from years ago the will do a pretty good job with motion blur or noise. It's fairly cheap at around $50, but if used correctly you can pull things out like license plate numbers and such using its forensics mode.

Right now I'm trying out the stuff from Topaz and it has possibilities and I use OnOne products which I like.

Personally I think the misuse of Photoshop by many so called researchers is more of a problem than a help. Then when it gets used by people who don't know what they are doing its just people who spent the money but did not bother to learn about what they are using. The worst example is how it was used as a hoax tool on Mars photos on a site I won't mention.

<< 1  2   >>

join