It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outer Space Is A 3-Dimensional Holographic Illusion Created By Mega Advanced Aliens

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I have one question what are you smoking or ingesting, where did you get it how much did it cost and can i buy some?
Seriously if all this is just some kind of experiment and we are not real then what is the point of being moral?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
If my definition does not hold up...Then how come we are 3-dimensional beings...Who can only see 3 sides of a square, no matter how we hold it and look at it?...

Find a cube,hold it out in front of you and turn it around slowly...Try to see 4 sides of it at the same time...You cant...But if we were 4th dimensional beings,we would be able to see 4 sides of the square simultaneously...

Then how could we -- 3-Dimensional beings -- see five sides of an octagonal prism?

Octagonal Prism

Using your argument that a 2-dimensional being can only see 2 sides of a polyhedron and a 3-demensional being can only see 3 sides of a polyhedron (and so on, and so on), then we should not be able to see 5 sides of that octagonal prism.

A 3-D shape can be made from a dodecagon in which we can see 6 sides at at once. That doesn't fit your definition.

Dodecagonal Prism

So, no. The definition of "3-Dimensional" does NOT mean we can only see three sides of a 3-D shape at any one time. I've shown you 3-D shapes of which more than three sides can be seen at once. Just because it's true for a cube doesn't mean it's true for all shapes.

edit on 10/17/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
A cube is a 6 sided 3d shape it has double the value of symmetrical surfaces in 3d space than the value of 3, the number of dimensions required to see it. So it has harmonic dimensional observative potential.

a dodecahedron is more than 5 sides it has 10 so the odd number of edges to each pentagonal surface is odd in context of surface equality to symmetrically equal amounts of viewable sides at once....I'm not siding. (excuse the pun) with either of you just offering food for thought

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer
reply to post by blocula

I have one question what are you smoking or ingesting, where did you get it how much did it cost and can i buy some?
Seriously if all this is just some kind of experiment and we are not real then what is the point of being moral?
I have not seen too much morality in the world. In the past, or right now. War, genocide, cheating, witch hunts, torture, suicide, child abuse, arson, lies, extortion, theft, abortion, greed, homelessness, drug addiction, rape, murder, ect,ect,ect,

And that sad and sorry list goes on and on and on...Which is exactly my point below...

Look at how far and fast our computers and video games have progressed in only twenty or thirty years.We constantly strive to re-create reality.Just think what they will be like in only another fifty years!

So its easy enough to imagine that mega advanced aliens.Who were the original life forms.That advanced naturally,within another universe or dimension,for perhaps millions of years! And then "they" created all other simulated lile,all other simulated worlds amd all other simulated realities.They would be able to create a "simulated universe" that we call "our reality".Some of their technologies and inventions we perceive as the rain,the wind,the snow and the 3-dimensional illusion we call outer space.They would be gods.They may have done this to preserve their memories within "ancestral simulations" or maybe just for entertainment and experimental purposes and here we are!

Perhaps the creator beings went extinct,either through natural or self inflicted disaster and they are dead and gone. But the "simulation machine" lives on! and is in auto pilot mode and is able to up grade itself and we are reborn over and over and history repeats itself over and over,down through the ages.

Or maybe there was an ancient battle between the benevolent creator beings and malevolent aliens.Evil beings that invaded their dimension,or galaxy.Maybe the evil aliens defeated the kind and loving creator beings and then they hijacked,stole or were offered as war reparations "the simulation machine" and the evil aliens have altered the program and downloaded all the misery,suffering and war into our "virtual" world.

Our world that once was an eden and a paradise...Sound familiar?...God and Satan?...The war in heaven?...Evil cast down to "or programmed into" earth?...Ancestor Simulation link > www.nasca.org.uk...
edit on 17-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
"The computational power of a planetary-mass computer is 10^42 operations per second, and that assumes only already known nanotechnological designs, which are probably far from optimal. A single such computer could simulate the entire mental history of humankind (call this an ancestor-simulation) by using less than one millionth of its processing power for one second.

A posthuman civilization may eventually build an astronomical number of such computers. We can conclude that the computing power available to a posthuman civilization is sufficient to run a huge number of ancestor-simulations even if it allocates only a minute fraction of its resources to that purpose.”...Quote from link above.

edit on 17-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
"With great scholarly logic. Dr.Nick Bostrum,of Oxford university,argues that a post human civilisation of immense computing power would not hesitate to inaugurate major computer simulations accurate to the tiniest level. This would include sentient but simulated individuals that could accurately mimic the real world at any given stage in history. Bostrum argues that “we are almost certainly living in a computer simulation”. In the abstract to his paper, the final version of which appeared in the Philosophical Quarterly (2003), Vol. 53, No. 211, pp. 243-255...Quote from link above.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Everything turns into something else because of heat, cold, vacuum, radiation, time, or whatever. In this sense everything is illusory.
Perhaps we have been given the gift of Outer Space. But where it comes from doesn't matter. What matters is what it does for us. Is it beautiful? Is it useful? Does it enable us to expand? Can we make money with it?
If it works, use it.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AurelioMaghe

Very interesting, definitely a new way to look at things
2nd

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Something to add to the spin for the OP...

I read this in the Quran ("Quran: Oxford Press" - reads like a good book, easy for westerners like us):

The life of this world is an illusion... - Chp.3:V.185

Read several references like that in the Quran I have, this life being an illusion, a man made delusion which chimes in with what the OP and others are kind of saying. Pretty sure similar statements exist in most of the major religious texts.

edit on 18-10-2011 by old_god because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
And Shakespeare thought so, from Tempest:

PROSPERO You do look, my son, in a moved sort, As if you were dismay'd: be cheerful, sir. Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Ye all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. Sir, I am vex'd; Bear with my weakness; my, brain is troubled: Be not disturb'd with my infirmity: If you be pleased, retire into my cell And there repose: a turn or two I'll walk, To still my beating mind.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Tired of seeing the same epiphany over and over again:
Descartes was the first to realize this could all be a grand illusion (Descartes mediation's is good reading material)
Its as if a load ATS'ers just began first year philosophy, seriously do not rehash already established philosophic theories, instead DEVELOP and EXPAND them !

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthIncarnate
Tired of seeing the same epiphany over and over again:
Descartes was the first to realize this could all be a grand illusion (Descartes mediation's is good reading material)
Its as if a load ATS'ers just began first year philosophy, seriously do not rehash already established philosophic theories, instead DEVELOP and EXPAND them !

More than 2.000 years before Descartes - Buddha, Anaximander, Zeno, Lao Tzu and God knows how many before them...

All these mathematical projections are just that - projections. We see projections, we deal and manipulate projections, we project ourselves (into) projections. Ego is a projection (an aggregate), etc...

And yes, Descartes did prove that nothing comes to us outside our senses (just like Buddha did it).

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
...And yes, Descartes did prove that nothing comes to us outside our senses (just like Buddha did it).

If humans suddenly ceased to exist and, thus, no longer could "sense" anything, I'm pretty sure the universe would still be here and go on its merry way without us, looking and acting like it has for the past billion years or so.

Human consciousness doesn't "create" reality because I think the familiar universe that we know was here long before humans, and it will be here long after humans. We are merely a spec of dust in the universe (even much smaller than that), and we have virtually "zero" effect on the universe as a whole.

edit on 10/18/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
"If humans suddenly ceased to exist and, thus, no longer could "sense" anything, I'm pretty sure the universe would still be here and go on its merry way without us"

I hear and understand exactly what your saying...But...We don't know it's true...

Why did the ancient greeks and romans worship multiple gods? These divine beings existed in their world because they believed in them. Multiple gods were projected into their reality,because they "thought" they were there...

Humanity goes extinct,the world ends and the universe vanishes,everytime someone dies...From the perspective of the deceased,all those things "our reality" have disappeared and are gone forever...We that remain alive still see these things,because "we think" they are still there...But they don't really exist in the way we see them.The way our 5 senses "construct reality" is not what reality really looks like...We see,we hear,we touch,we smell and we taste...An illusion...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Sounds like something to think about. I always thought it would be interesting if we were just in an atom-like particle sitting on a petri dish somewhere. Maybe not even known to said "higher power".

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas
Its funny that the only people are doing is criticizing his use of words, or just him alone, instead of trying disprove of the holographic universe theory. At least discuss it, and stop trying to belittle someone for not believing in what you don't believe in.

Isn't it weird how I have to quote my own post just to get my point across?

No one has disproved anything!!!
Is it crazy that half the people posting on this thread don't even know that the holographic universe theory is?

(Now 12 people Google it and feel stupid, also, they automatically think their experts on it now)

More mathematics, and less text you copied and pasted from wikipedia!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by guitarplayer

Why ask him what point it is being moral? Shouldn't you know that yourself?
What are you smoking or ingesting my friend?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas
No one has disproved anything!!!
Is it crazy that half the people posting on this thread don't even know that the holographic universe theory is?...

I may be true that the OP has mentioned that the universe is only a hologram, but the OP's ideas have very little in common with the true holographic universe hypothesis.

I the true holographic universe hypothesis, everything we see (including the Earth and everything on it) is actually a projection of a lower-dimensional universe -- much like the analogy of a 3-D looking hologram is actually created from a 2-D image. However, that analogy is only an analogy, and it's more complicated than that.

The OP is contending that the stars and galaxies we see don't really exist and are not real, but are simply holograms, and the Earth IS real, (the only real thing we can see) but is inside some sort of laboratory.

In the other holographic universe hypothesis (not the OP's), the stars and galaxies that we see are real places we can go to -- i.e., the universe is an actual place and space, stars, and galaxies actually DO exist -- although the TRUE NATURE of that space is what is in contention.

Conversely, according to the OP, space is NOT a real place, and the stars and galaxies aren't really places we can visit because they are all fake and are just holograms.

The OP's ideas basically have nothing in common with the holographic universe hypothesis except they both use the word "hologram".

edit on 10/18/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by Spiratio
reply to post by blocula

lightworkers.org...

lightworkers.org...

Very interesting and fascinating links,thanx for posting them,Spiratio...

Your welcome, they should have added more light to the subjects discussed here and in the Whats on the Other side thread

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
If you read through this very informative link...The simulated reality we "most likely" are living in,is explained very clearly > www.nasca.org.uk...
edit on 18-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join