It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outer Space Is A 3-Dimensional Holographic Illusion Created By Mega Advanced Aliens

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
I mean, really -- We've all heard these "reality is an illusion" ideas many times before in classic sci-fi literature, but if you are saying those old ideas are actually fact, please give me a reason to believe you. Just giving us additional examples (such as the "you are not really touching a table" example) is not enough to convince me.

So then it is your contention that Einstein is sci fi?

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein

Do you toss him into the loony bin too? Or is that just an inconvenient little annoyance when the greatest mind on Earth makes the same statement?

Does not modern quantum physics tell us that electrons are influence by thought? Should watch "What the BLEEP do we Know" Very illuminating

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I Think if OP
and me
colloborated together we might have it down.

thats how i see it .

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

It is very possible,that the earth "could be" suspended and hoovering within some super advanced, alien scientists laboratory.

however, its also very possible that we're not.

cool thread though

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I'm talking about "Reality is an Illusion" the way the OP defines it, not Einstein.

It may be a fun idea to believe that the stars really aren't there, but rather are just holograms, but I see no reason to believe it is true. It seems much more likely that the stars are -- um -- stars.

By the way, I'm OK with this thread now that it is in the "Highly Speculative" forum. I just had a problem with it when it was originally in the "Aliens and UFO" forum.

edit on 10/15/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RA777
and that it is all made of thought and can be controlled by thought.

Yes you are correct. The great thinkers all throughout history have known this secret...

Why do Religious people pray if they don't believe that the though will produce results?

Why do we 'make a wish' at a coin fountain or a birthday? Something in our minds makes us know to try.

I find it amusing the number of tiny brains in this thread who cannot imagine another reality. But then, that is why the Secret has been guarded all these years.

It is also amusing how many people are upset by secret societies and masonic orders hiding the Secret from them... yet when that secret is shown them, all they do is ridicule

Andrew Carnegie told us the Secret in his book - "Think and Grow Rich" Do you think he was making it up? It worked for him...

We hear people all over the world talking about the power of positive thinking... yet most just give it lip service and never use it's full potential.

Well today I share the Secret with any who can truly use their brain for more than making a fool of themselves..

So for those who will ridicule... so be it... you have made your choice to remain in bliss...

But I am certain a few in this thread will find some value

edit on 15-10-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

whell the truth is most people dont need to know the secret yet.

its because the average person cant handle it when its thrown at them all at once.

but i think we are starting to be prepared for this, through various movies and T.V. Shows.

thats how i am viewing this.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
thats why both mine, and this thread are here in highly speculative.

because if the average person knew it all too soon its just too much.

But ATS members can handle it im pretty sure.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Well, wasn't this kind of speculation the core of Douglas Adams "Hitchhiker's Guide to Galaxy"?
He wrote that this 4-dimensional species studied humans through their 3-dimensional aspect - lab rats

Actually, it makes sense. There is so much that we miss being so focused on our empirical "truths".

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

agreed. sometimes we forget to look within ourselves to discover whats external.

thats how i view this.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This is such a typical ATS thread. A bunch of people discussing beliefs and why they believe as opposed to referring to hard scientific fact. Some are saying OP is insane, others are saying he makes sense if you "open your mind." Just a bunch of finger-pointing, analogies, and fluff. If anyone here stopped gargling BS and logic arguments you would find that there are NUMEROUS professional physicists who are adamant about the possibility of our universe being a 3-Dimensional Hologram created through a projection of sorts. In fact the theory has been around since the early 1990s:

Are We Living in a Hologram? (Discovery)

Holographic Principle

I first heard about this theory when I read Brian Greenes "Fabric of the Cosmos" it's very plausible. As for all the jibber jabber about Aliens, well, that could be Aliens, God, or someones metaphor for something else. OP is not crazy, just thinking way outside the box. Do I believe any of this? Hell to the no, not enough info yet. Just an FYI though, do your homework people.
edit on 15-10-2011 by LiberLegit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Like it or not,advanced aliens from a class-2 or a class-3 civilization,our true creators.Are doing this to us right now and have been for a very long time...
reply to post by blocula

Not according to modern biology. All they might really need to "create" are the fundamental forces, those which can still sometimes boggle scientists with their "action at a distance" behaviour forced upon stellar bodies.

Apart from that, everything is is one big follow-through, no creator needed. Us, Earth, stars, galaxies and so on.

But this is a most devious tactic. To go to the very outer limits of the science of the day and proclaim "we will never know beyond this point, therefore blah blah created us". It has been used many times in the distant past, sometimes unfortunately to devastating effect.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I have never laughed so hard at a thread before

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I agree with blocula,

that More advanced Aleins have created us, and are in control of us.

i believe ALOT of things blocula says.

Beleive it or not, i believe even God himself is letting it happen.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The universe doesn't really exist. Its just the fiction of some guys imagination who was created by ETs that live in the matrix.

See how easy it is to make up b.s?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I dunno I get good information from them sometimes. For instance they made my bedroom into a place that existed outside of time and space once. I'd have to say that for the most part I like scientist and alien scientist it's the war mongers, biggots and jerks who send me over the edge. I exist in many places and have many different attitudes and procedures when I approach something. Fact of the matter is they've used their technology to frighten and confuse the human race, from convincing Crowley that he was magical to allowing him to murder children and rape people.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

The absurdity of your suggestion lies in the assumption that nothing in the universe is real except you or us, or do you suggest that everyone else is also a part of your grand illusion and that you are the only sentient being whom the super advanced aliens are deceiving? Is my response to you on this thread just an illusion generated inside your own head by some intrusive super advanced alien technology? If that's the case, don't bother replying because your reply will go nowhere since it exists only inside your own brain.

Your grand illusion is nothing new. It's an age old philosophy which strips away all morality and social graces. Since nothing really exists outside your own consciousness, assuming that you are conscious, then you can do anything and everything no matter how horrible it might be since there is no reality other than your silly imagination and your horrid deeds aren't real, the pain and suffering you inflict on others exists only inside the narrow boundaries of your own cortex.

There's a word for that philosophy. I wonder if your super advanced alien overlords can help you find it. If they do not or cannot, because they don't exist, then try Google or Wickipedia. Here's a hint: the word begins with an "n" and ends with an "ism".

You could test your theory very easily. Don't eat for a month. Food and eating are an illusion. Your body doesn't need energy or nutrition because it doesn't exist. Or don't pee or defecate for a year. See how that works. After all, the urge and need to do so are not real. Or try something even easier. Don't post anything on ATS for a year. After all, your computer's case, motherboard, BIOS, RAM, CPU, Video card, sound card, sound system, monitor, keyboard, mouse, and OS are just an illusion. Your ATS posts and threads aren't real. Why bother? Just lay in your non-esixtent bed and dream silly dreams.

The cure for this is to educate yourself and make your brain work and reorganize its contents to the point that it hurts inside your head. That will be sign that you're learning.
edit on 10/15/2011 by dubiousone because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/15/2011 by dubiousone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RA777

I think the same way, www.abovetopsecret.com... explore that thread a bit more

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiratio
reply to post by RA777

I think the same way, www.abovetopsecret.com... explore that thread a bit more

Thank you this will be helpful to me in some way i am sure.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Oh, but I'm crazy for believing in God ?

Okay

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dubiousone

The cure for this is to educate yourself and make your brain work and reorganize its contents to the point that it hurts inside your head. That will be sign that you're learning.

Haha, best reply ever.

Seriously to the OP, if you really believe your own theory then go jump off a bridge, I doubt you will because that would mean you actually believe your own notions and nothing will happen to you (But you won't because you do perceive and fear your surroundings).

So by your measure, if this whole entire universe is an illusion just for us, then we are nothing more then a spec on some petri dish and there is absolutely no point in existing is there?

It's far easier and comforting for you (or someone else, I know you threw this idea out there but may or may not believe it yourself), to believe that we are made by a bunch of super advanced aliens than it is to admit that maybe there is something much much greater out there that has designed everything with a purpose and precision that cannot be equalled - who also created those mega advanced aliens or whatever they are...

Because to admit that would be admitting that you are actually terrified of dying...so it's easier to scale things down and think in a limited fashion (as limited as we are).
edit on 15-10-2011 by old_god because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2011 by old_god because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join