It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will you do on 11-11-11??? If Skyrim is delayed?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by shamdaddy

morrowind didn't have fast travel unless you modded it in an it ruined the game to have it.

instead you could catch boats from some towns, silt riders from others, and teleport from *some* of the magic guilds....it made sense and didn't break the 4th wall...or whatever its called...it never took you out of the game.

thats what i hate the most about new vegas, you *have* to fast travel for some quests because they take you everywhere on the map for little return...at least if there was a train or something it might make sense...

Peace,
-Bob

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
probably not care and keep playing a man's game (dark souls)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I would be disappointed (very DX), but then I'd forget about it after losing hours to another game, like, say, Minecraft, my modded version of Morrowind or Amnesia: the Dark Descent.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I don't care.
Bethesda has no clue about producing real RPGs. Oblivion was a broken mess, the skill tree was mostly a joke, the skills didn't do much, the game was made for casual gamers and braindead monkeys who need to be taken by the hand. Instead of exploring the world, they need markers and help to finish even the easiest quests and the game was so easy and not challenging, i got bored.
With the Elder Scroll series and them destryoing Fallout, i really hope that one day a bunch of terrorists come around and nuke the Bethesda studios with all it's workers straight to hell.

It's really a shame how many so called gamers running like stupid lemmings after every hype and play games just because the media tells them they have to and the only important things are the graphics...# gameplay, i can jerk off to some nude pixels, yeah that feels great.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
just pirate it

ARR MATEY THAR BE TURBULENT TORRENTS ARR

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Rage quit of course, I doubt they will though.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by the owlbear
Bethesda should come through, but what if it's delayed?

DON'T SAY SUCH THINGS!!!!

It better damn well not be. The wait is really getting to me becuase I upgraded my pc in advance of all the great titles coming out soon for pc. My new 2600k and dual GTX580's are just aching for some usage.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
if its delayed and it was the end of the world i suppose really i wouldnt give a crap, but on a normal day i might cry a bit.
you know i'm gonna be dragon hunting, screw MW3 BF3 and all other releases, i've shot stuff before but i havent walked about skyrim yet.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
you know i'm gonna be dragon hunting, screw MW3 BF3 and all other releases, i've shot stuff before but i havent walked about skyrim yet.

I could also care less about MW3 or BF3 until I have travelled every path Skyrim has to offer. Good times ahead.

edit on 2-11-2011 by FreeSpeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

yeah man. stomping through the snow, crapping my pants when a dragon appears. i cant wait.
i feel more geeked up today lol

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

I am already visualising having fits whenever a dragon comes around and I just happen to be freshly loaded down with new loot. I imagine it will be a little hard to deal with one when you are soo emcumbered and the thought of dropping my loot on the ground so I can run away is troubling.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

Actually go to work that day?

Seriously though, I will probably get it as a birthday gift from the wife (although, it may lead to a divorce)...for my birthday later in the month..

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

The inner viking is going to come out in me!!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

Handholding???
As far as I remember in Fallout3, as soon as I left the Vault I went on my own tangent, I explored were I wasn't instantly killed and took side missions I wanted to (actually I took every one I came across).

I only borrowed that game and never actually finished the main story before my friend asked for it back.

I wasn't even guided in the right direction to get a dog, I only found the scrapyard about 2 weeks of playing. (Not non stop playing).

In a world that big, you need guide arrows or you'll never make it to you objective, some places were only accessable through the subways, what if you have no help and never found a subway or the right subway.
You be in a game with nothing to do except look for this elusive objective that you'll never find on your own.

Take a look at Brink (by Bethesda) there is no hand holding there, you get a couple of challenge missions but everything else you have to figure out yourself.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
What will I do if it's delayed?

Shrug I guess. Never heard of the first three games and only barely heard about number 4 because a cousin played it for the achievement points. I got more important games released in November to think about and look forward to (Saints Row The Third and WWE '12 even though I don't watch the WWE product any more on tv due to crappiness)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Just read it went gold.

Let's all hope for a bug free experience.

Mods, feel free to close!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by the owlbear

Actually go to work that day?

Seriously though, I will probably get it as a birthday gift from the wife (although, it may lead to a divorce)...for my birthday later in the month..

Gaz,
My bday is the 28th. So I feel you on the whole situation.
Hopefully no divorces on either of our parts, but I may have a huge relocation soon.
If only there was online play...
Then you'd be my bitch

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by the owlbear
I keep seeing posts asking "what will you do on 11-11-11?". For me, and others, we will be hopefully stomping around Skyrim.
I highly doubt the likelihood of this happening, but anything is possible.

Re-install Morrowind and 100 mods in defiance,and play that for five more years.
What is Oblivion like ?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
We've still got the asteroid and the 11/11/11 phenomena IF Skyrim were delayed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join