It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea party goes after occupy wall st

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

And how exactly are you going to get private money out of politics?
Like this administration is going to write the laws to change that!

With this current crowd?

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

puh-leeze!

and of course,

the sad fact is that it has probably never ever happened.

The Merchant/Business Elite have had their systems in place in many forms for many thousands of years.

Why, as they would ask, change a good thing?

Sure they change the names from time to time to satisfy dissident resistance, but the basic rules never change.

even Obama has announced sweeping changes, but to no avail.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Overturning the recent SCOTUS ruling that foreign companies and interests can give however much it wants is a key item in overturning as that allows the wholesale selling out of America. This allows our elected officials to beholden to their corporate backers further squeezing out the wills and wants of The American people.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by beezzer

Overturning the recent SCOTUS ruling that foreign companies and interests can give however much it wants is a key item in overturning as that allows the wholesale selling out of America. This allows our elected officials to beholden to their corporate backers further squeezing out the wills and wants of The American people.

And protesting is going to change that?

How?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Vote out every single GOP,Dem, Tea Party, Libretarian and replace all with new parties and new people. When the same cast of charectars time and time again run the show nothing will ever change.

Replace every elected seat and watch how fast we turn around.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by beezzer

Vote out every single GOP,Dem, Tea Party, Libretarian and replace all with new parties and new people. When the same cast of charectars time and time again run the show nothing will ever change.

Replace every elected seat and watch how fast we turn around.

Why didn't you say that in the first place?

We agree. Cheers.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That is what I've been trying to say all along even before the Tea Party and #OWS were even on anyone's radar.

See, even though we see things differently our unified allegiance to the USA shall never waiver or wain.

Star for you for being grounded in reality!
edit on 16-10-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

The tea party made it easy for a politician to don their name and win. So far these tea party candidates have changed...what?

The tea party goes to rallies, dresses up in the colors of the flag, makes some violent promises and sings about loving the country then goes back home on tuesday and continues to put up with the same BS.

The tea party didn't change a thing. and OWS probably won't either because they'd rather fight about petty things when ultimately they are on the same damn page.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

#OWS is bigger then me or you and it has so much traction behind it that it has forced celeb news off the lsm and the focus is rapidly shifting to corporate greed and corporate welfare. Eventually the SCUM are going to get so sick of hearing about it that things will change by force. The Conrad Murray trail ain't working, the supposed "Iran terror threat" ain't working, I am expecting a major celeb to be killed just to attempt to force this off the page but the fact it continues to grow tells me that this will only get bigger. Media and pols can no longer ignore.
edit on 16-10-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Good luck finding a politician that has either.

Remember, even Ron Paul and the Tea Party candidates know that they can't always hold true to their promises. Obama didn't. They won't. No one else will.

I think OWS is more of a demonstration that Americans are sick and tired of bailing out and kissing the feet of bankers.

I see nothing wrong with it being a referendum on the 2 party system as well. As a progressive, the current crop of Democrats are useless (well most if not all) and so are their conservative and moderate brethren.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by beezzer

Good luck finding a politician that has either.

Remember, even Ron Paul and the Tea Party candidates know that they can't always hold true to their promises. Obama didn't. They won't. No one else will.

I think OWS is more of a demonstration that Americans are sick and tired of bailing out and kissing the feet of bankers.

I see nothing wrong with it being a referendum on the 2 party system as well. As a progressive, the current crop of Democrats are useless (well most if not all) and so are their conservative and moderate brethren.

I propose a "Diogenes test".
(shameless plug, I know)
To determine a politicians honesty and integrity. No matter R, D, I, just get honest people in seats of representation.

There has to be people out there that could qualify.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by celticdog
I guess the Tea party cant be outdone

Big tea party groups have launched an attack against the Occupy Wall Street protests, challenging the line that the anti-corporate uprising is the “the tea party of the left.”

Tea partiers and their allies are looking to de-legitimize the protests circulating in the anti-Wall Street crowds, hunting for evidence of union ties, fringe rhetoric and bad behavior — ranging from news of arrests, to recordings of incendiary speeches, to tales of littering, drug use and debauchery.

www.politico.com...

They will have a treasure trove of information to share with us on the lie that is the " Occupy Wall Street " protester group.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It will force the media to sit up and listen to what's going on. That's exactly what it will do.

Don't kid us. I find it hilarious that people on ATS of all the places are opposed to OWS yet support the Tea Party. Hypocrites.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by beezzer

It will force the media to sit up and listen to what's going on. That's exactly what it will do.

Don't kid us. I find it hilarious that people on ATS of all the places are opposed to OWS yet support the Tea Party. Hypocrites.

How are we hypocrites? The Tea Party wants smaller government and a return to personal responsibility.

OWS wants. . . um. . . . bankers to stop giving money to politicians? Social justice? More of other peoples money?

Help me out here. . .

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

We want the end of corporate dollars into our Government that only service to aide the rich while leaving the people shortchanged time and time again.Our ultimate goal is to end all corporations and outsiders from financing campaigns as they are too beholden to those companies.

When a company gives money to a candidate they are expecting a favour. Delete this money you effectively end the favours.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join