It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea party goes after occupy wall st

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Maybe he's a fellow ATS poster?

Or something who "gets it" and thus would know about the Koch Bros?

Goddamn. I guess it's only ok when the fright wing starts a ruckus? Lame.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Maybe it's time to turn off Rush for a minute and use your head here.

There are lots and lots of unions out there and sorry to break your heart, but they're not all Teamsters, UAW or AFL-CIO members.

There are plenty of small unions that could never dream about buying political influence. They weren't formed for that very purpose.

I highly suggest you do some homework on unions because you're totally convinced that they're nothing but evil.

To reference Plato, maybe you should turn your head away from the wall of the cave for once.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by KawRider9

I don't get this site.

There's PLENTY of support for the Tea Party but when other people, particularly young, educated liberals, take to the streets to protest Wall Street, they're mocked and denigrated by the teabaggers.

Why can't both movements find some kind of equal ground?

Wasn't the original Tea Party supportive of Ron Paul? Why not use that platform to advocate for punitive charges for irresponsible bankers?

The Tea Party was a reaction to a loss of dominance in the political and economic system. Just like the Reagan Revolution in the 80s, just like Gingrich's contract in the early 90s, just like the Compassionate Conservatives in the 00s.

The OWSers are a reaction to a loss of balance in the political and economic system.

The Tea Party chooses to attack the symptoms, politicians, and replace them with their own.
The OWSers choose to attack the source, the system, in a hope to bring back some justice.

As such, there is not much common ground to be had.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Are you here to attack the people and to protect the banks? Keep on doing what they want and they own you, the banks already own you! The Koch Borthers own you and they know it. You are their puppet! Remember, the boot you lick today will be the same boot that will stomp right over you and care not while it's being done.

THE OFFICIAL STANCE OF THE #OOCUPYEVERYTHING - OCCUPY TOGETHER - #OCCUPYWALLSTREET MOVEMENTS AND ALL ASSOCIATED MARCHES & OCCUPATIONS THROUGHOUT THE PLANET CURRENTLY :

This group wants absolutely nothing to do with the corrupt 2 party oligarchy as both have been bought and paid by the banks, The Federal Reserve and Wall Street and does not need nor require money from 1%'rs and to say anything otherwise is a major dis service to this group and movement as a whole as we see people like Soros as being apart of the problem and does not endorse millionaires or billionaires. No corporate dollars are welcomed and if one were to attempt to finance this movement it would be rejected and returned with a note saying "No sale!"!

To believe anything else means you are being seriously deceived and tricked and said source should not be trusted or taken seriously and if it does not come from the aforementioned it is not to be taken as the official stance. No General Assembly in any group throughout the planet will amend this ever!

All are welcomed from all faiths, ethnic groups, political persuasions, LBGTI, animal and kid friendly as we will not discriminate, we will be friendly to all. Illicit narcotics (marijuana to meth while all scrips prescribed to a fellow protester are obviously allowed) and liquor (all forms) use are banned and will get someone expelled and turned over to law enforcement. Come as you are! Remember, there is no member of the 1% that is on this website which means we are all The 99%!
edit on 16-10-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Our stated goal is to erase ALL CORPORATE DOLLARS out of Government because when a company finances a campaign eventually they are looking to cash in their favour. These favours cost more Americans.

Say I donate, $1 Million to your campaign and I'm some big pharma company who makes a drug that makes people intolerant to say, medicine. I will call my favour in when I determine it's right at the complete detriment of the nation or her people. This gets rid of and prevents the wholesale selling out of the USA to the highest bidder.

Banks already aren't allowing people to close out their accounts, is this who you want to protect? #OWS represents us all and to attack mean you are with the enemy and are an enemy of America.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

That is one of the stated intents and goals, erase ALL LOBBYING DOLLARS OUT OF GOVERNMENT as this allows time and time again our elected officials to be bought and sold by the highest bidder to the detriment of the nation as a whole! When Trillion dollar lobbying firms run the gauntlet democracy effectively gets squeezed out.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Apparently the OWS movement is growing in numbers and intensity. This frightens the TPM because they fear
losing influence to a youthful, educated and passionate demographic; rightly so as this will probably translate as votes for the progressives. Is that the reason for trying to insult, marginalize and put down a potentially powerful political force of various races, disciplines, ages and ideologies by the MSM and especially the conservative talking heads?

TV and radio is obsolete for raising awareness. The social media is now becoming a real force.

It's a brave new world and it is going to change drastically as this grassroots movement gains momentum and influence. Power to the People!

edit on 16-10-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by mastahunta

That is one of the stated intents and goals, erase ALL LOBBYING DOLLARS OUT OF GOVERNMENT as this allows time and time again our elected officials to be bought and sold by the highest bidder to the detriment of the nation as a whole! When Trillion dollar lobbying firms run the gauntlet democracy effectively gets squeezed out.

Instead of writing more laws, why not just get people with honesty and integrity in congress and the White House in the first place?

Then you might not have this problem.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Without getting violent how else do you propose we end these practices that keep on benefiting a small segment of the populous?

Laws and enhancements to current regulations are the only thing that will stop them cold. Without laws allows them to do whatever they want while using the lax of laws to do it. Where is the fairness is that?

Restoration of regulations and laws first then the restoration of honesty and integrity second.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by celticdog

Well, it's a FACT the tea party is now a wholly owned subsidiary of the Koch brothers, so this isn't really surprising. Doesn't really matter what those fools do though, as long as the people are able to realize how screwed over they get by Wall Street: LINK

For the past 30 years, the top 10% got 96% of income growth, and the salaries of the bottom 90% declined over the past 10 years...sound fair? No? Then join the protests...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

The Tea Party never went global like OWS, I was surprised to see so many countries having their own versions of the event. I think it shows the difference in the movements, OWS are aware that the current crisis is a global one not something anyone nation or any one man can sort out. The Tea Party only seem to care about changing American and not really concerned with the rest of the world. Things dont work like that anymore as the current financial meltdown is proving, we are all in this together.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
reply to post by whaaa

No I experienced the union life myself thank you very much. And always found it grand on how the union heads had such nice brand new cars
Oh and walkingfox watch the personal attacks you presume to much. whaaa you may not see that where you are but here in NY that is the racket. How in all honesty can the unions use members monies to support political canidates? That smacks of the 1% thing the ows is preaching against!!

Your statement just proves how little you know about unions. As a matter of fact, it's against federal law to utilize union dues for political purposes specifically due to the fact that all members of a union may not support the same candidates. When unions do donate to political campaigns, it's done through legal political action committees whose monies are derived through voluntary donations. I am a retired union worker and I can tell you that we didn't always have these PACs either. Personally I am opposed to the very existence of PACs but it was something we were forced to utilize when it became clear that our voice was being drowned out by big money interest in Washington. Sometimes you're forced to "fight fire with fire."

Take all private money out of politics and we'd be much better off. By the way, continually spreading bald faced LIES about unions using anything other than voluntary donations for political purposes isn't helping either. Don't believe everything you hear on Fox News.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by beezzer

Without getting violent how else do you propose we end these practices that keep on benefiting a small segment of the populous?

Laws and enhancements to current regulations are the only thing that will stop them cold. Without laws allows them to do whatever they want while using the lax of laws to do it. Where is the fairness is that?

Restoration of regulations and laws first then the restoration of honesty and integrity second.

In order to write the laws, you'd need those people with honesty and integrity in position in the first place!

The greedy, spineless pols would never write laws that would inhibit their own benefit

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

If the TP would go back to its roots, like overhaul the patriot act, reinstate glass steagal, Stop the Corp welfare for the Banks. Everyone of these things are way more expensive then Obama care!!! and yet, The TP has become apologist for these huge institutions. I love the first TP but over the last year or so, they have managed to pull defeat out of the hands of victory.. They have way more in common with the occupy movement they they do with the GEs of the world,, unfortunately with reps, Like MB could be there undoing all together.. Crap and I liked the first TP..

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by rancher1

It might have been an ok movement when it started out, but like I said, it's now fully owned by big business (Wall Street, Koch brothers, etc.) and lead by a bunch of sock puppets like Bachman and Palin. If those guys are against OWS, it should be an excellent reason to support OWS

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Instead of writing more laws, why not just get people with honesty and integrity in congress and the White House in the first place?

Wouldn't that be like putting a preacher in charge of running the whore house and expecting him to clean up the business?

Why not just take the private money out of the picture and see what happens? Expecting "honest people with integrity" to solve the problem for us is just a pipe dream. That's precisely why we have toll road attendants at toll booths, because the "honor" system doesn't seem to work.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I agree. The TP is nothing but a hijacked Republican movement. Real Libertarians do not protest another group over their own dissatisfaction with the government collusion with corporate America, which is what the OWS movement is really about. We live in a corporate facist country that is taking rights from people and giving those rights to corporations. I know many libertarians that hate that our government protects corporations to the extent that they are not held to the same standard as an individual, yet reap all the benefits an individual and protections by the power of government as individuals.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Agree 100 percent,, Now the TP does not even have a message.. They have turned out to be just a group of apologist for the same thing they were suppose to protest against.. Its a kingdom divided against itself.. here is what the TP supports now. They say say let the elite run everything without any regs.. lmao. Ya we saw that movie before

Patrait Act. Billions and billions
Fema Camps
Corp welfare

This I think is there main agenda now.. Man they really should be walking side by side with the Occupy movement..

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by rancher1
reply to post by MrXYZ

If the TP would go back to its roots, like overhaul the patriot act, reinstate glass steagal, Stop the Corp welfare for the Banks. Everyone of these things are way more expensive then Obama care!!! and yet, The TP has become apologist for these huge institutions. I love the first TP but over the last year or so, they have managed to pull defeat out of the hands of victory.. They have way more in common with the occupy movement they they do with the GEs of the world,, unfortunately with reps, Like MB could be there undoing all together.. Crap and I liked the first TP..

I don't know which Tea Party chapter you supported in the early days but I don't ever remember any Tea Party members calling for the reinstatement of the Glass-Steagall Act. As a matter of fact, I've heard them do nothing but promote the removal of all regulations on all businesses, including the banks. Are you sure we're talking about the same Tea Party?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

Originally posted by beezzer

Wouldn't that be like putting a preacher in charge of running the whore house and expecting him to clean up the business?

Why not just take the private money out of the picture and see what happens? Expecting "honest people with integrity" to solve the problem for us is just a pipe dream. That's precisely why we have toll road attendants at toll booths, because the "honor" system doesn't seem to work.

And how exactly are you going to get private money out of politics?
Like this administration is going to write the laws to change that!

With this current crowd?

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

puh-leeze!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join