It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Beckham off to Paris?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
So i know the MLS still isn't big business in the US but David Beckham going to LA Galaxy definitely raised the profile of the MLS around the globe.

With his contract up and talks of him going to big spending Paris St. Germain who would American like to see replace him as the figurehead of the MLS?

There is talk of Rio Ferdinand and you already have Thierry Henry.

Anyone other stars of world football (Soccer) you'd like to see in the MLS in the near future?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Hey you can leave Rio out of it, he'll still be a United for another couple of seasons IMO.

I'm not all clued up about the MLS league but when you say David Beckham as a figurehead, you don't mean like the CEO of the MLS? If so I don't think he has enough upstairs to do that job.
I can see him maybe being a future England manager though.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mclarenmp4
Hey you can leave Rio out of it, he'll still be a United for another couple of seasons IMO.

I'm not all clued up about the MLS league but when you say David Beckham as a figurehead, you don't mean like the CEO of the MLS? If so I don't think he has enough upstairs to do that job.
I can see him maybe being a future England manager though.

When I say figurehead I mean it metaphorically.

Just because he's speaks with a funny voice, I wouldn't write him off completely. He's done a pretty good job of getting himself where he is today.

As for Rio, his time is up at Utd. Newer younger players coming through, Rio's far too injury prone.

new topics

join