It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Haye Retires...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
So David Haye followed through with his promise and retired on his 31st birthday.

Do you think this is a clever ruse in his negotiations for a mega money fight with Vitali Kitchsko or will he stay retired?

Personally after all the nonsense he spoke I think he owes us at least this fight.

Although, I think he knows there is more chance of the world ending on 21st December 2012 than there is of him beating a Klitchsko.

I don't really know what to think of the man. On the one hand, a great a Cruiserweight who cleaned up that division and on the other hand a complete con man. I don't think it's any co-incidence that he now talks of moving into acting!

Having said that should we view him as a great business man? The biggest money fights weren't in the Cruiser Weight division so he done alot of talking to get him a couple of big pay days.

Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bridge_Boy

Yeah i agree,i think Vitali would batter him,shame,i really liked the guy before the he got gangraped by vladamir,i loved all the trash talking,made for some great entertainment,but now looking back he couldnt walk the walk so probably best to retire now!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lektrofellon
reply to post by Bridge_Boy

Yeah i agree,i think Vitali would batter him,shame,i really liked the guy before the he got gangraped by vladamir,i loved all the trash talking,made for some great entertainment,but now looking back he couldnt walk the walk so probably best to retire now!

Yeah it probably is best to retire, I suppose he made his money and that's it. Jump ship. Shame really as he had me hyped for a while,

Think I'll pin my hopes on Kell Brook now

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
He was going to retire a lot better but he broke his toe

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
just wondering did anyone think that he would honestly be able to take klitschko?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I think haye would have taken a beating to Klitchko honestly...

If you watch their fights you can see Haye is the better fighter...

Klitchko is only champ because the heavy weight division sucks... and has for quite a few years now

edit on 2-11-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
I think haye would have taken a beating to Klitchko honestly...

If you watch their fights you can see Haye is the better fighter...

Klitchko is only champ because the heavy weight division sucks... and has for quite a few years now

I wouldn't say the heavy weight division sucks, it is just the AMERICAN heavy weight division that sucks.If the klitchko brothers were american they would be "the best in the world" if they were black they would be called "the greatest of all time".

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by PrimalRed

LoL

i still say the heavyweights have sucked for years...

And Tyson "was" the greatest of all time...

Haha, that was painful to watch

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Tyson was great but never the greatest of all time.

He had no heart what so ever.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

LoL

i still say the heavyweights have sucked for years...

And Tyson "was" the greatest of all time...

Haha, that was painful to watch

if tyson was the greatest of all time what does that make Lennox Lewis, Evander Holyfield and buster douglas?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
People that beat him when he was already going down hill...

In his prime he was the best ever....IMHO

Aside from Rocky Marciano.... but that was a different time

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

People that beat him when he was already going down hill...

In his prime he was the best ever....IMHO

Aside from Rocky Marciano.... but that was a different time

That is just not true, if it was that would mean he went "downhill" at 24 years old. he was a good fighter but he could not go against the top guys in the division

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

~ Retired with a record of 50-6, 44 KOs.
~ Defeated the following world champions; Alonso Ratliff (KO2), Trevor Berbick (KO2), James Smith (W12), Pinklon Thomas (KO6), Tony Tucker (W12), Larry Holmes (KO4), Tony Tubbs (KO4), Michael Spinks (KO1), Frank Bruno (KO5, KO3), Bruce Seldon (KO1). Also fought a No Contest to the world champion, Orlin Norris (NC1).
~ Had a record of 12-4 in world title fights.
~ Won the following world titles; WBC heavyweight (9 successful defenses), WBA heavyweight (8 successful defenses), IBF heavyweight (6 successful defenses), plus he was and still is the youngest champion ever...

going 37 fights undefeated....

that record is hard to beat my friend

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

that record is hard to beat my friend

Not really.
Rocky Marciano 49-9 43 KOs
Julio César Chávez 107-6-2 89 KOs 89 fights before his first loss
wilfredo benitez got the title at 17

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Julio César Chávez and wilfredo benitez wern't heavyweights...

And i've already said rocky was probably "THE" best....but again fighters in that time were much different...

Rocky back in that time was like a fighter of this time.... but i think if you match him up with a recent champ, even mike tyson... it would be no contest... Fighters these days are Monsters... they just didn't make them like we do now... now they spend millions on their training, perfect diet etc etc...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Julio César Chávez and wilfredo benitez wern't heavyweights...

And i've already said rocky was probably "THE" best....but again fighters in that time were much different...

Rocky back in that time was like a fighter of this time.... but i think if you match him up with a recent champ, even mike tyson... it would be no contest... Fighters these days are Monsters... they just didn't make them like we do now... now they spend millions on their training, perfect diet etc etc...

Fighters of the past are just as good as the ones today and they trained just as hard. The amount of money spent on training has nothing to do with it. Training over the years has not changed very much at all, people ran,jumped rope, used the heavy bags and everything else. Rocky gave Muhammad Ali a beating when he was 46 during sparing for super-fight, Ali jumped out of the ring and demanded more money to continue for the pain that rocky was inflicting on him. This is the same guy that took punches from foreman. Boxers of the past would be able to go toe to toe with any of the fighters of today no problem.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Idk man...

Rocky
WEIGHT, 178-192 1/2 lbs
Height 5'11

Tyson
Weight 215 -225lbs
Height 5'10

Tyson was stacked in his time, solid muscle 3% body fat...

Rocky came from a depression basically... likely undernurished... And just looked like a noramal muscular man...

I don't think the old timers could have stood a chance with todays crop... though they might have actually trained harder because of their upbringing and social status...

The guys are just bigger, stronger, faster these days... I still say no chance the older generation would stand toe to toe with todays boys

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Idk man...

Rocky
WEIGHT, 178-192 1/2 lbs
Height 5'11

Tyson

Tyson
5'11 218

Jack Dempsey
6'1 195-205

Sony liston
6 226

max baer
6'2 226
Your point?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

LOL

good point, either way we'd never know... there were some killers back then too...

AND we're totally derailing this thread.

I still say David Haye would have Wrecked Glitchko....

BTW... He beat Valuev...

7'2
323 lbs

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Tyson's record isn't that impressive.

All I ever hear is in his prime in his prime in his prime blah blah blah.

Bottom line is in Tysons prime could he have beaten Ali in his prime and the answer is never in a million years.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join