It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why all religions are wrong

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
All religions are wrong because they disagree. When man discovered pottery it didn't take long for the whole world to agree that pottery was useful. The popular religions have existed for over a thousand years, but they don't agree. If any one religion was true it would be ubiquitous by now.

So choice of religion is liking choosing chocolate over vanilla. Miraculous things might happen from time to time to reinforce one person's confidence in the power of chocolate but those same miracles happen to those of us who prefer vanilla. Religion is a red herring.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

Star for you.

Religion, in my opinion, is simply social control. As society has evolved, the need for this social control in its harshest forms has negated, hence falling religious attendances around the world.

However, religion does has other uses. It allows people to feel belonging and the importance of this should not be over estimated.

If we actually took the effort to properly think about the world and our place in it, we would all go mad through the insanity of the system that we have created. Religion provides, to some degree, a context for this in the modern world and presents us with a get out - it is not our fault, it is god's will.

Now personally, i am not religious at all but i do have respect for most people who are. I have rarely met religious people who are nasty people (even though some may harbour nasty religious beliefs). Indeed, most people who have strong religious convictions that i have come across have been helpful to their fellow man.

Now fundamentalists on the other hand, from whatever denomination, should be injected and left to drift away quietly in a field somewhere...........

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloudyday
All religions are wrong because they disagree. When man discovered pottery it didn't take long for the whole world to agree that pottery was useful. The popular religions have existed for over a thousand years, but they don't agree. If any one religion was true it would be ubiquitous by now.

So choice of religion is liking choosing chocolate over vanilla. Miraculous things might happen from time to time to reinforce one person's confidence in the power of chocolate but those same miracles happen to those of us who prefer vanilla. Religion is a red herring.

While ALL Religion may be wrong, I happen to believe ALL Religion is also right.

The point to all of them is there is a creator, a source that everything originates from.

Loving your neighbor as your self and doing for others is also equally important.

None of us really need to be right....this is not a reality as we are not meant to know ALL. If we were meant to know everything and knew everything then we would have a Heaven on Earth. This I hear is destined to be ......

Whatever Religion a person belongs to is not a concern of mine. Any one person religious or not may hurt someone else and think it is ok when in all actuality it is not ok. It hurts. The religion is not the person and when said religious person passes on to their next existence they will not be with their religion. They will be with them self. Accountability to your brother/sister will be either shame or much love.

This is my opinion of course.

We can all be right and wrong at the same time, believe or not believe, and just love one another as we are all the same.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloudyday

All evolutionists are wrong because they disagree. When man discovered pottery it didn't take long for the whole world to agree that pottery was useful. The popular evolutionary theories (gradualism and punctuated equilirium) have existed for over a couple decades, but they don't agree. If any one theory of evolution was true it would be ubiquitous by now.

You see how that's a stupid argument?

As far as why certain people choose certain religions, a lot has to be figured in - cultural pressure, what you're taught as growing up, reaction to the behaviors to claimed followers of some religions (even though this may have nothing to do with said religions themselves), and so on. Apparently all political and social ideologies are wrong as well, since humanity has never effectively agreed in the whole on anything?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

MamaJ, sorry if I oversimplify your views, but it seems like you are saying that all religions have a common view that there is a creator and some sort of afterlife and they all promote brotherly love. Therefore religions do agree and their differences don't matter because they are good for society.

My response: the devil is in the details. Look at all the religious violence around the world - take Egypt as a recent example. Islamic extremism and Christian fundamentalism are both extreme reactions by people whose ridiculous religious beliefs are threatened by modernity.

If we ever meet ET he will probably be an atheist.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

If we ever meet ET he will probably be an atheist.

This might be very possible. Not all people on Earth here are believers. What makes you think other places won't have the same?

MamaJ, sorry if I oversimplify your views, but it seems like you are saying that all religions have a common view that there is a creator and some sort of afterlife and they all promote brotherly love. Therefore religions do agree and their differences don't matter because they are good for society.

Some need religion to reach God. Some can't reach God by Christianity so Islam is more fitting for them because of their culture. All the three main religions recognize the same God. Father surely does not classify man by his religion, he recognizes them on their faith, great or small. Some don't require religion at all and some have even surpassed religion.

My response: the devil is in the details. Look at all the religious violence around the world - take Egypt as a recent example. Islamic extremism and Christian fundamentalism are both extreme reactions by people whose ridiculous religious beliefs are threatened by modernity.

This is man leading on his own mind for guidance, and not Father.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

My response: the devil is in the details. Look at all the religious violence around the world - take Egypt as a recent example. Islamic extremism and Christian fundamentalism are both extreme reactions by people whose ridiculous religious beliefs are threatened by modernity. If we ever meet ET he will probably be an atheist.

This is a subject I totally adore and have a view on however it is lengthy and I think I could possibly write a book.

With that said, keep in mind that with this thread or any others I may reply in....I do not give everything I think. It would take entirely too long and I do not think I know everything so I do like to give a little bit and see what kind of conversation can begin with my thoughts and maybe enhance the knowledge whereas I think we learn from listening to others.

There are many humans with many perspectives of the life now and the after life.

My view of Religion is control, imo. Jesus did not like religion, yet they have created a Religion in his name.

Our world does not need religion. It needs the love and light of our natural spiritual essence and throughout the millions of years, we have corrupted the truth with fear and the darkness so we may control others free will.

Was it needed for the ultimate plan? I am not sure. Human free will has taken us places of beauty and taken us places of complete horror. We do have the power I think to change it as we have in the past and we are reaching a point now in time where it needs to happen again. We need to change our course, or it will be changed for us. This is evident to those who have eyes to see what is around them and ears to hear all the craziness as well.

My view of an individual who has a belief is just like the rest of us....believing or not believing based on past and or experiences. This said individual is NOT the religion itself because just because someone calls them self a Christian does not mean they believe as every other Christian. Take a poll with "Christians" about different views and they will differ. All religious people do not have the same views AT ALL.

The devil? Some think of the devil as some massive fear based spirit who wants to be like God, but is the opposite.

The devil was created bad? I don't think so.

Light/Dark

Love/Fear

These emotions in my opinion when leaving the body will manifest itself from who you were and or became while in the flesh (light of love or dark with fear) but will eventually make its way toward the light. Were you a person who loved to spread your light of love to others or were you a fear based person who loved to spread fear and darkness over others? You will manifest this during your transition, although not for eternity.

I, however do not believe in a fallen angel that was first loved more and now hated. I do believe in fear though and it has many faces.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I want to add onto this one. No, he wasn't created bad at all. He was an archangel with the highest access to all. Father loved him and he loved Father. But, when it came to create man, the devil didn't like another entity being created that was different than the angels. Satan wanted to show Father that if given the choice man can become corrupted. So, he came to Earth and tempted Eve. Now, if he left it at that, and simply went back to Father and said see Father they can become tempted, we wouldn't have the Satan as you know him today. But, he saw that they listened to him. He thought if they will listen, all of mankind will listen and I can be a God.

Then he told other angels of this (Another big mistake, as he should have consulted with Father), and he brought many down with him. I can assure you, there are some fallen ones who stray even from Satan and don't want to follow what he has told them. They are now realizing this is not what it turned out to be in a sense.

Satan thinks what he is doing is not bad if that makes sense.

edit on 14-10-2011 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by MamaJ

I want to add onto this one. No, he wasn't created bad at all. He was an archangel with the highest access to all. Father loved him and he loved Father. But, when it came to create man, the devil didn't like another entity being created that was different than the angels. Satan wanted to show Father that if given the choice man can become corrupted. So, he came to Earth and tempted Eve. Now, if he left it at that, and simply went back to Father and said see Father they can become tempted, we wouldn't have the Satan as you know him today. But, he saw that they listened to him. He thought if they will listen, all of mankind will listen and I can be a God.

Then he told other angels of this (Another big mistake, as he should have consulted with Father), and he brought many down with him. I can assure you, there are some fallen ones who stray even from Satan and don't want to follow what he has told them. They are now realizing this is not what it turned out to be in a sense.

Satan thinks what he is doing is not bad if that makes sense.

edit on 14-10-2011 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

I do not think I know everything.
I think I know a portion of the truth so I am in no way discounting your vision as far off.

I was raised thinking this...what you say and or describe and it just doesn't "feel" right to me...never has and as much as I try to make sense of it.....I honestly cannot.

God gives us free will, I understand that. But to think he has made billions of souls and only one of them challenged him and reigns over a planet is just too much drama for me as I do not think it is quite like that. God does not seem like a creator who creates anything that will not eventually make its way back to where it once began....in the light of love.

The serpent story for me is a symbol. The serpent symbolizes (to me) the sneaky ways in which humans manipulate others.... to control another.

There is one tree which is Gods will. The other tree is Humanities will.

Humans can choose to follow their own will or can mature to meet the Father's will which is like a parent raising a child from infancy. Yes, you give them their own will to pick and choose roads that may lead to either good effects or bad ones....but you already know which they should take to reach their goal of being a good citizen.

This is how I see God...all loving and does what he can to help us all advance.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

But to think he has made billions of souls and only one of them challenged him and reigns over a planet is just too much drama for me as I do not think it is quite like that.

There have been many more than just one that has done this, we only have the account of one. As you can see how man today goes against God, Angels are not robots either, they go against him as well, but not on this level as Satan has. They have personalities and emotions and everything else. But, after Satan, it can't happen again as Father made a change so this will never come about, ever. Even God experiments!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

There have been many more than just one that has done this, we only have the account of one. As you can see how man today goes against God, Angels are not robots either, they go against him as well, but not on this level as Satan has. They have personalities and emotions and everything else. But, after Satan, it can't happen again as Father made a change so this will never come about, ever. Even God experiments!
reply to post by jhill76

Hmmmm.....well my reasoning cannot reason an "Angel" not being Angelic and full of love and light whereas they do not challenge who and or what they are. I don't see them as robots with no will but their will is of light. Angels and higher entities have perfected and deserve the status of being in a higher realm.

"Satan" turning on God and establishing such an army of Angels is not logical in any sense for me. I have tried reasoning it over and over again . An Angel being jealous is not an attribute I think one possesses in the "higher realms". It is not an emotion that is not only had but....simply not needed there as a cause and effect of that nature. There is only a cause of light and love which in turns brings the effect of light and love of helping and servicing others.

A soul does not "fall" it only progresses imo as each existence is a step up from the last....they are learning through trial and error within their own will and that of the Father's will. So each existence the soul learns as there were goals set before him before the existence in the flesh. Say you have a feeling you were once saying and doing something...you have seen this before. I take it as this feeling comes about because once you come to the flesh as a rebirth you are able to see what roads you may indeed take. De ja Vu for me allows me to assure my spirit I am on the right track.

Hell imo is not governed by an entity called Satan.... although I think it is a real place but within the mind as emotions and senses transition itself from dark /fear matter back to spirit of love/light and the in between is where we find ourselves until we perfect to nothing but light and love.

We as spirits are always changing and perfecting and we are never in one place for eternity.

I think this Planet will eventually evolve into a place where there is more peace and the dark ones will inhabit another planet as we prepare this one for a transition of nothing but light/love.

It is also my opinion that each living Planet consists of spirits within its own level and or rights of perfection.
edit on 14-10-2011 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

A soul does not "fall" it only progresses imo as each existence is a step up from the last....they are learning through trial and error within their own will and that of the Father's will. So each existence the soul learns as there were goals set before him before the existence in the flesh. Say you have a feeling you were once saying and doing something...you have seen this before. I take it as this feeling comes about because once you come to the flesh as a rebirth you are able to see what roads you may indeed take. De ja Vu for me allows me to assure my spirit I am on the right track.

I stand corrected. One of the higher ups just came down to put this into perspective to me. They don't fall in the way we perceive. They do progress, as you state. The bad part is destroyed and they are given what they did wrong and now will relive life again with the new knowledge that is gained. I have to translate what was given into words and try to explain later on.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Some need religion to reach God. Some can't reach God by Christianity so Islam is more fitting for them because of their culture. All the three main religions recognize the same God. Father surely does not classify man by his religion, he recognizes them on their faith, great or small. Some don't require religion at all and some have even surpassed religion.
reply to post by jhill76

I too believe this. We are all different and so to think we will all agree on the "way" is just not reasonable to me.

The "way" is through love and service to others.....this is what Jesus taught and others like him. Jesus made it very clear that within each of us is a light and this light leads the way home. Not in those exact words....but you know what I mean.

Honestly I would like to see and witness religious dogmas eliminated from the equation as I think no one person can clearly be right about the ALL of knowledge nor the specifics of the other side I call home. We are not privy to all the information and knowledge...imo, of course.

If a person and or religion teaches harm to others then it is not from the will of God, only from the will of a human who seeks to control by hindering growth through the opposite of love which I call fear.

new topics

top topics

join