It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU considering massive cuts to food aid for poor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
when people face starvation
I think you may see more take to the street...
This could be the straw that breaks the camel.

BRUSSELS (AP) — The European Union is considering a roughly 75 percent cut in funding for a program that helps feed 18 million of its poorest citizens. The cuts, set to take effect after New Year's, would come at a time of rising unemployment and consumer food prices in many parts of Europe, as well as overall economic turmoil on the continent. The looming cuts already have raised fears among people who rely heavily on the program.

AP source

I like how they're gonna wait
until after the holiday
because starving the poor
@ Christmas time would be in such bad taste

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Evil is the only word that can describe this policy without breaking the terms of this site, and that is not strong enough a word. You can bet that most of the people who rely on this aid are victims of the corruption that has led to this mess in the first place. I hope there is a hell for the evil involved in this.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The muslims brought into Europe don't want to work because they're already getting free food to do nothing.

Europe will just have a labor force to build some military hardware quick to fight China.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I wonder if these bloated scumbags will reduce their expenses and five star lunches on our tab?

Maybe we should just line the lot of them up and kill the bastards!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
For us that means the gypsies.
Next year is not going to be pleasant.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
When parliaments around the europe are cutting back on their own perks, it is rather interesting to see that Euro MP's and civil servants are fighting tooth and nail, even opposing increasing the working week to 38 hours! And this from people on over £100,000.00 per year.

It's ok though, this can be guaranteed by reducing payments to the poorest (obviously not the decision making process but it kind of is how it comes across).

For someone from the UK i am slightly unusual in that i am not a rabid anti eurozone person, i actually kind of quite favour it, if implemented properly and fairly. They do make it hard for me at times though.........

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Europe will just have a labor force to build some military hardware quick to fight China.

its not like the old days, were factory's would have to re tool for war
you already have the MIC [military industrial complex] in place
you don't need a labor force ...

if that were the case the wars in Iraq & Afghanistan
would have created all kinds of work here in the U.S.
But instead unemployment is at an all time high...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
Evil is the only word that can describe this policy without breaking the terms of this site, and that is not strong enough a word. You can bet that most of the people who rely on this aid are victims of the corruption that has led to this mess in the first place. I hope there is a hell for the evil involved in this.

I remember the EEC food MOUNTAINS in the 70-80's as a child, wherehouse's stacked to the roof with French apples, Wine, Butter, Vegetables etc,

They then paid farmers to stop farming as part of this bigger plan, let the b@stards live on a normal cost of living wage like the rest of us and pay their way through life,

Won't be long before people catch up with these unelected leeches and the EU Parliament will no doubt be torched to the ground!!!!!!

Enough is Enough

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Do you even have a CLUE? Everywhere I go I see hard working muslims, along with people of other nationalities and religions. Dont be so damn ignorant.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Star for you.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Yup, one from me too.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I hate the muslims in my country, though. They are savages.

new topics

top topics

join