It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Video) "LED Kites Mistaken for UFOs in Shanghai"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
(1) Title of relevant video on Youtube: "LED Kites Mistaken for UFOs in Shanghai"
(2) Search performed of ATS for the title in (1) above : Yes - no prior discussion found.
(See the thread about avoiding being a plonker)

Large kites with elaborate LED designs appear to be becoming a more common source of UFO sightings, so I thought it worth posting the news story and vide below.

(At some point, someone should try to create a threads which collates videos of _explained_ UFO sightings to act as a tutorial for those new to ufology).

english.ntdtv.com...

On Monday night in Shanghai, residents gathered around puzzled by the colored lights flying in the sky. The UFO-like sight turned out to be kites equipped with LED lights.

"I feel curious about the object. I don't know what it is. It can't move like a plane and can change color into green and red alternatively."

The kites are pretty large, measuring nearly six feet wide, with as many as 280 LED lights attached. The lights flash in succession forming different patterns and shapes. The large one is said to be worth around three to five hundred dollars.

All the best,

Isaac

edit on 14-10-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Until it was confirmed as kite, it was an UFO. Gosh, people really don't get this, look, an UFO, surely there are some beings inside doing flyover.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
In a darker area, and/or from a much greater distance away, I can see how that could be very intriguing. However, in the short segment of that video, that actually showed it up in the air, it was obvious that it was the kite. You could still see the outline, and also because of the way it was moving.

[color=8A8A8A]On a side note: That wheel (not sure the correct term) that he was using for the kite string, was pretty cool. I liked that.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
In a darker area, and/or from a much greater distance away, I can see how that could be very intriguing. However, in the short segment of that video, that actually showed it up in the air, it was obvious that it was the kite. You could still see the outline, and also because of the way it was moving.

[color=8A8A8A]On a side note: That wheel (not sure the correct term) that he was using for the kite string, was pretty cool. I liked that.

Kite Flying is a miner hobby of mine
"That Wheel" is known as a Kite Reel and functions like a fishing rod & reel..
it makes it easier to reel in thousands of feet of string....also faster.

often thought about LED's for some of my kites just hadn't gotten round to it.
also unsure of legal ramifications
man arrested for flying LED kite

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

"I feel curious about the object. I don't know what it is. It can't move like a plane and can change color into green and red alternatively."

Hard to say for sure, but this↑ part almost seems as if he was giving an example. I don't believe that at that time, he did not yet know that it was a kite. To me, it seemed like they cut that part out. The context of that statement, could have been quite a bit different, depending on what was said before it.

Possibly, right before that line, he may have said, [color=A1DCFF]"I can only imagine what other people would be thinking and saying, if they were to just look up in the sky and see this, without actually knowing what it was. They might say something like, 'I feel curious about the object. I don't know what it is. It can't move like a plane and can change color into green and red alternatively.'"

reply to post by spoonbender

Kite Reel....
it makes it easier to reel in thousands of feet of string....also faster.

Thanks. I'm sure that it is much easier.

Most of the kites I've ever had, had the string wrapped around the small cardboard tube. Shove a stick through the tube, to let it out easier. I never really minded it too much, when I found out that the string was not actually tied to the tube. Getting them back down sucks anyways.

edit on 10/14/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Most people in Shanghai know about these Kites.
It's a common evening past time in most parks and been going on for years.
Why people suddenly have got the urge to mistakenly identify them now seems odd.

They also use little led equiped planes

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Did you see them
Most people in Shanghai know about these Kites.
It's a common evening past time in most parks and been going on for years.
Why people suddenly have got the urge to mistakenly identify them now seems odd.

They also use little led equiped planes

eew.... I think I want one

new topics

top topics

join