It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Education. Fact or fiction?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
This thread will attempt to deal with education. Who was the first scientist? Who was the first mathematician? Who was the first historian? etc. Somebody at some point in history began teaching these, and other, subjects to people around the world. My question is quite simple. If, for example "John Smith", decided to figure out how to calculate the area of a field 10,000 years ago how did he check his equation?
No-one else would have the knowledge required to check ANY of his maths. So how do we know that what we are taught in school is correct? after all it is merley a regurgitation of information passed from one to another over a period of time.
For those of you that will say, "even if John Smith was wrong then we will have learned how to do it by now", are mistaken aswell, if the initial information and mathematical equation was wrong then how would know where to begin to put right any errors?
This questions, if thought about, will cast doubt over everything we have learned through school, college etc.
Is THIS the way that TPTB have managed to keep us dumbed down for so long, by incorrect teaching, by passing on knowledge that doesnt tell the full story, including history, and then keeping the true info for themselves and their cohorts? Some on here will say this is a load of bs, but can you definatley say without a shadow of a doubt that what you know is 100% true and accurate?
Peace to all.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Yeah and perhaps it also blocks the way of thinking beyond what we see and our current limitations. Maybe we're creating the universe and that is the secret they're not telling us, they rather entrap our understanding with knowledge that bounds us while having to change at the same time due to the inevitable constant increase/growth of our understanding and concious or maybe I'm just thinking too wild?
edit on 14-10-2011 by Tarno because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by shinzaun

Mathematics dates back to early mathematicians such as Pythagoras but dates back to the Egyptians.

The good thing about math is that you can prove your results in more than one way. And also as to why the formulas used in higher forms of mathematics are called "Proofs". Due to being proven to work as advertised.

Using the field as an example, assuming it's rectangular, you could calculate the area using length x width and verify it using Pythagorean theorem of right triangles for example which divides the field into two equal sized triangles.

Calculate the areas of the triangles and multiply it by two...the two areas should be equal.

The Elite do attend much better schools than the working class do. This is all by design to keep the masses in the dark about many aspects of the world around us. Allowing them to better control us.

PEACE

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The state of education is just sad.

Firstly, Education should be a right, written directly into the Bill of Rights. It should be free of charge, as long as you are a citizen.

Think about it, 200 years ago, if you wanted to learn to be a teacher or a doctor or anything like that, you would get a apprenticeship, and somebody would TEACH you how to make a living.

Now you have to PAY somebody to teach you how to be a productive member of society, effectively placing yourself in a ridiculous ammount of debt, which in turn hurts your ability to stimulate the economy with your hard earned dollars.

Free education, then we can talk about quality.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
It's called pure math. Unlike high school math you practically see how everything is defined and proved. The only one dumbing one down is oneself. The library has the answers to why math works. Same with the other subjects.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
It's called pure math. Unlike high school math you practically see how everything is defined and proved. The only one dumbing one down is oneself. The library has the answers to why math works. Same with the other subjects.

You have missed the point entirely. The books you refer to will have been written by the teachers of teachers of teachers and so on. The point being the facts presented in any book are simply regurgitated information that may well have been incorrect to begin with.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I disagree. At least in the field of math you won't find that it is wrong. The only way it could be wrong is if logic itself is wrong.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
My friends,

Well, firstly you can blame Sir Francis Bacon, then move on to who controlled him [ Vatican ] to make it main stream, then research more from there.

Bacon re-wrote a lot of history

Sorry, I don't have the time to link my evidence at the moment as I'm on my phone.

Be safe be well,

Spiro

edit on 14-10-2011 by Spiro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

The way the equation for the area of a field was found out was by: counting the units in a square (the field) and then trying to find out how can you easily calculate it by trial and error .... nobody cam out with E*E just like that .... Math its not just calculus... its also logic ...

join