It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. official: 'Multiple' sources strengthen case against Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Oh gosh...
So there's people that actually believe this???
Ok, i'll bite....

WHY OH WHY ON EARTH would Iran give the US EXACTLY what they want, an excuse to bomb their country to pieces?????????
Do you think they are all retarded??????
They know they wouldn't last much... They way to defeat the US is not by the use of force...... We already realized that...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
There wasn't so much fuss when Israel actually was caught with blood on its hands doing this same thing using British passports.

Now we have this murky change as we stumble story to believe?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Anything to distract the people away from Fast and Furious and the Occupy movement.

China wanted to buy America's LRAD sound weapon, but since it's a weapon the Sanctions Bill Clinton put on China.....because they were selling military arms to Iran....The United States couldn't sell the LRAD's to China.

Obama got the State Department to declare the LRAD's are not a weapon, so they could be exported to China.

There's a bigger story than the Fast and Furious gun running to Mexico.

I bet China's copied our LRAD weapons we gave them and Iran's got them in their hands now. Israel will be facing those weapons from the Palestinians soon. They can thank ole Obama for that.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by joshter

As for the US using proxy groups

I'm sorry, I meant that Iran has been using proxies.

No Americans have died, but there has been deaths in London and other countries in that area that were investigated and tied into terrorist organizations. Example: London train bombing.

I don't think it's so much the government trying to scare people as it is as them telling the truth. Of course, I think its all been over exaggerated, but the threat still remains. These groups just need to succeed once to do what they want to do... the US needs to remain serious and vigilant to this sort of thing.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

LRADs are fairly big and bulky. They're pretty much only effective against demonstrators...not Soldiers whose weapons reach farther than the LRAD.

I know I wouldn't want to be the operator of one of those things in combat. That's like saying, shoot me!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Not Obama - corporations.
Like, do you know how much of German industry during WWII was owned by American corporations?
A lot...
And guess what, all damages from Allied bombs were paid by American taxpayers.
This is a very old game and it never stops.
Governments have only one job - to fail! Isn't that more than obvious?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by drakus

Why would anyone WANT their plans to be discovered? They got caught with their pants down, so to speak. People make mistakes... even the Iranians. One slip up means a big breakthrough, and I'm more likely to believe that's what is going on right now. I'm sure they've double and triple checked their sources. But like I've said before... I'd really like to know what kind of stuff they've got on Iran, because right now the burden of proof is on the US.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Has anyone seen the similarity in this as compared to the Iraq build up?

Lots of evidence was supplied to the UN prior to that too.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by joshter

I don't think it's so much the government trying to scare people as it is as them telling the truth. Of course, I think its all been over exaggerated, but the threat still remains. These groups just need to succeed once to do what they want to do... the US needs to remain serious and vigilant to this sort of thing.

Too many people think like this for us to have any real awakening in our nation.

It is not the peoples fault that they were raised in a nation that has the best brainwashing machine in the history of man.

We are so screwed.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by joshter

reply to post by joshter

[quote[No Americans have died, but there has been deaths in London and other countries in that area that were investigated and tied into terrorist organizations. Example: London train bombing.

Which never had anything to do with Iran or any of the "Terrorist" groups said to be operating there.

[quote[

Sorry, but I learned that the governent hardly ever tells the truth about 20 years ago. Especially regarding matters of intelligence and war. You know the US has a war economy right? WIthout war, the gears of that country do not spin, everything comes to a standstill. George made sure that the whole economy depended on defense and military industrial complex operations.

Sure, the US needs to remain vigilant against terrorists plotting to kill American citizens in America. I have no problem with any country protecting it's citizens. Problem with the US government is that they are only in it to line their pockets and help themselves.

IMO the US would have avoided much of it's problems had it kept it's nose out of middle eastern issues or countries like Iraq, that in all honesty had nothing to do with the war on terrorism. That was just George finishing his father's work.

Oh, and oil of course.

What I have a hard time undestanding is why the US would even rattle the saber at the moment. Do they expect anybody to believe that they can afford another conflict? That the US military isn't already too dispersed to form a proper offensive?

That they would not have the hardest of times trying to invade or operate in Iran, considering the geography?

It's all shenanigans really.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
So they've had more time to bully, intimidate, threaten, cohearse, and LIE in a multitude of ways.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

IMO the US would have avoided much of it's problems had it kept it's nose out of middle eastern issues or countries like Iraq, that in all honesty had nothing to do with the war on terrorism.

I agree with that... in a recent debate, after 10 years, Ron Paul gave a good explanation for the reasons behind 9/11 and after looking into it, I don't think the middle east has much to do with national security anymore.

What I have a hard time undestanding is why the US would even rattle the saber at the moment. Do they expect anybody to believe that they can afford another conflict? That the US military isn't already too dispersed to form a proper offensive?

The United States is better than that... to discover a plot and not say anything due to restrictions it may or may not consequently have. I think this is more than just a US issue. This deals with the international community on many levels if this is indeed true.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by drakus

Yeah, it makes me think of when Castro was asked if he had a part in killing JFK.

His response was something like this:

"Are you frakking kidding me? Why the hell would I do that and have them bomb Cuba back to way before the stone age?"

That's NOT a quote, for those who may think it is. But that is roughly what he said, just not so graphically. So why the hell would Iran do something as stupid as this? They have seen what has happened in Iraq, Afghanistan, etc., they can't be that stupid to provoke the worlds po-po. Amerika isn't a sleeping dog right now, so why would they poke it with a big stick?

Iran may have crappy religious fools leading their country but I seriously doubt they want to piss of Amerika and have all that wrath brought down on them. Though, to be truthful, I'm not sure how much wrath we can wreak being as we are fighting how many wars right now?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I think he's crazy personally,

Why would you think that unless you're believing what you're told? All we know about Ahmadinejad is what we've been told through the military propaganda outlets.

Since our impressions and opinions are given to us by our masters, isn't it time to start questioning those opinions?

Listen to this young reporter's revelations at the 32 and 38 minute marks:

The media are the military

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by septic

I have friends who grew up in Iran, some who still live there to this day. They think he's a tyrant and off his rocker. They also thing it's time for the Ayatollah to step down and for the country to move to democratic elections.

Done the proper way.

Those are the people I believe, not the government or the MSM, I listen to the people who live there. So yes, I think he's crazy.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Iran needs to get rid of Islam in order to become what it once was - a world power.
America and Britain and Russia and China and Turkey and Israel ... will never allow that.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Pondering about all this has led me to to a few questions, or uncertainties that you all may feel inclined to respond to. I welcome the responses.

First of all, consider the ramifications of using an untrained agent to carry out a major covert operation; then further compound that with the idea that said untrained agent will seek out and secure cooperation from an (ostensibly) foreign nation's organized criminal element. Add to that the idea that for some reason, a highly successful and powerful organized crime group, such as Los Zetas, could be enticed to cooperate via money; a resource which they have precious little need for, considering the hundreds of millions of dollars in 'trade' they already bring in.

As a result of this, our political leadership has reignited the "Iran" threat, such as it is. Yet none in the DOJ or speaking for the state have even begun to debate how this would make the "Los Zetas" organization qualify as an international terrorist organization. Such a designation would make them legitimate targets for the international law enforcement arm of the globalists... assuming they are not already - and I think it's safe to say they are not.

The entire matter seems to be marketed to be an acceptable theory to the unengaged, ill-informed, information consumer... and the media thrust has been to highlight the 'questionability' of the declaration.

I believe this is more duplicity and Machiavellianism from those who clearly conduct themselves as if "people will believe what they are told" and "we know what's best" crowd.... you know the ones I mean.... the ones who never have to worry about things like personal bills, the future of their children, and the permanence of their 'position' in life.

Also, I object to the meme which is oft-repeated here. Can it not be accepted that the US government is a function, a group of positions - not the people who use them to abuse the trust and will of the people?

When we say the US government always lies, we have to remember... it is those within it that do the lying. It is the political animal and whatever associates who make their agenda a status quo of power and opportunity to lie.

It is not the US or America that does these things. The perpetrators are consistently those who need politically expedient surges of information to bolster their value as influential components of the cabals of power. What motivates them to do so? Well, that is another story.

Among the very last things the US government can be said to have "done" as a body, was to execute and recover from the Civil War over a century ago. Beyond that it is her people that bear the responsibility for making a game of the institution. A game where lies are rationalized into "necessity" and "ignorance' is a tool which is engendered towards that end.

No consequences for them no matter what. If we 'go to war' it will be us or our children who die, or get mangled by violence; not theirs. If we collapse under financial shenanigans it will be us who hunger, and have to face both each other and authorities to get something with which to keep our families from falling apart or being victimized, not them. When a terrorist threat is carried out, or even 'announced' it will be us who either die because it is real, or whose freedoms are diminished by the states' response... certainly not them... for they have guards and we are obliged to protect them with our lives... is anyone other than me feeling this way?
edit on 14-10-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by joshter

The United States is better than that... to discover a plot and not say anything due to restrictions it may or may not consequently have. I think this is more than just a US issue. This deals with the international community on many levels if this is indeed true.

The US is better than that? Honestly...the US couldn't exist without its fabricated enemies.

National identities are part of the "divide and conquer" tactics we've been kept in check with for hundreds of generations.

9/11 is all the proof you need that the US is simply the military arm of multinational corporations.

edit on 14-10-2011 by septic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
It has been proven infinite times that those in power improvise rather than create such sophisticated ploys.
That's the reason this world is such a mess.
They have many more people sitting on different agendas, what normal people can't really follow, so they pull those trumps and come up with "new" situations, while in truth those situations are all time pending.
This is all to cover some bottoms, nothing else. But they might go to the bitter end for everyone else. They never care about others.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I see...so your friends aren't subject to the influence of propaganda then?

I know many people in the area too, and some of them are wise enough to see the roles all the world's leaders are playing.

edit on 14-10-2011 by septic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join