It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. official: 'Multiple' sources strengthen case against Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

U.S. official: 'Multiple' sources strengthen case against Iran

www.cnn.com

Washington (CNN) -- "Multiple" sources have corroborated the report about an alleged plot to assassinate the Saudi ambassador to the United States, a scheme the administration is alleging is tied to Iran's military, a U.S. official told CNN Thursday.

When U.S. officials first learned of the alleged plot, "there were significant doubts there was any 'there' there," the official said. But "multiple sources of independently verified information" corroborated the account, the official said. "It coalesced into a picture of something unusual but serious," the official said.

The offi
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Well that's convenient.

I'm not sure what I believe in this these days regarding Iran and alleged terror plots.

More from the article:

Obama called it a sign that Iran has "been outside of accepted norms of international behavior for far too long" and said the United States will work with international partners and will take steps to ensure that Iran "pays a price."

This is a statement to be very worrieed about IMO.

Thoughts?

www.cnn.com
edit on 10/14/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/14/2011 by tothetenthpower because: speling...

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Well that's convenient.

I'm not sure what I believe in this these days regarding Iran and alleged terror plots.

More from the article:

Obama called it a sign that Iran has "been outside of accepted norms of international behavior for far too long" and said the United States will work with international partners and will take steps to ensure that Iran "pays a price."

Not that is a statement to be very worrieed about IMO.

Thoughts?

www.cnn.com

Funny, one could take his quote and apply it directly to the USA.

Pot, meet kettle.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Translation : the whitehouse hired new propaganda writers to make the story more believable.

And got a few old props from hollywood to add to the story.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BadMagician

Funny, one could take his quote and apply it directly to the USA.

Pot, meet kettle.

Good one !

it's an old trick....

always accuse somebody else of being guily of your own doings.

keeps the heat down.

This one is pretty obvious !!

A lot more people lately are on to the gag

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Anything to distract the people away from Fast and Furious and the Occupy movement.
This saber rattling is getting old and I'm sick of it. It's been going on for 32 years now threatening Iran with this and that.
Iran has the right to pursue nuclear power the same as any other Nation. Time and again our government has been caught lying about them.
When I trust Ahmadinejad's word over that of my own government It would seem to indicate a major problem.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I'm not surprised at all. When I first heard about this, I didn't immediately disbelieve it like most people around here have been doing. This just re-enforces my thoughts on the matter... which is that this is very probable. There is no reason NOT to believe Iran wouldn't attempt something like this. I'm very much looking forward to the evidence that the US has on Iran, hoping for a Wikileak if the US doesn't freely give it out.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I trust my gut way more than the MSM and my gut is telling me this story is a load of crapola.

The demonization of Iran must continue but I ain't a buying it. I guess we need another country to go beat up on and build more of Amerika's empire. Surely there are a few million innocent people over there that need to be killed, displaced and have their families and homeland wrecked so we can bring then "democracy" or "freedom" or some other such nonsense.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I think he's crazy personally, but I agree with your sentiment.

The US needs a new enemy to convince the American people to continue war mongering and this ridiculous defense spending.

It's always the us vs them mentality.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Well that's convenient.

More from the article:

Not that is a statement to be very worrieed about IMO.

Thoughts?

www.cnn.com

After just having given the order to have an American Citizen assasinated, on foreign soil, without any due process whatsoever.

... and after the USA, having adopted a policy of 'pre-emptive strikes', and freely and unilaterally applying that policy all over other countries' sovereign territory

... How on earth he can keep a straight face when he says that, and how the heck everyone (on the occasion he said it) didn't fall about laughing at the sheer gall and hypocrisy... completely baffles me

EDIT ... as for the so-called 'Assassination Attempt' by Iran ... I think the person who mentioned the word 'Crapola', in this thread, had it about right.

Yet another FBI sting to add to the other 16 or 17, that's kept the US public safe for the last 10 years... err, not

edit on 14/10/2011 by Dagar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

reply to post by Asktheanimals

The US needs a new enemy to convince the American people to continue war mongering and this ridiculous defense spending.

What is it about this that you have to immediately discount? In the past 10 years I'm sure the United States terrorism protection team or whatever they're called has gotten in deep with the various groups. Iran has been watched for a while now, this is very probable and could be the real thing.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Total rubbish. The sources are probably similar to:

Hillary (i'm a pathalogical liar) clinton
Joe (im a psychopathic liar) biden.

Many people know this is all a lie, so the mainstream media have to try and persuade the public its true. When we know its a damn lie, period.
So who are these sources? I bet we could find so many holes in the lies.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Anything to distract the people away from Fast and Furious and the Occupy movement.
This saber rattling is getting old and I'm sick of it. It's been going on for 32 years now threatening Iran with this and that.
Iran has the right to pursue nuclear power the same as any other Nation. Time and again our government has been caught lying about them.
When I trust Ahmadinejad's word over that of my own government It would seem to indicate a major problem.

I dont trust Obama or Ahmadinejad's rhetoric. Both have ulterior motives. I will admit this saber rattling is a joke. We are in how many wars,and proxy wars? I am tired of War and killing.
Seriously.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by joshter

Even if it was, the US would have created this enemy much like they did the enemy in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The Ayatollah is only in power because the US put in him there in the 80's with the help of Bin Laden.

So either way, the threat was self created. I don't hold much pity for a government that sets itself up for failure. One of the reasons I don't believe any of this is Iran's track record with actually being agressive towars another nation.

When was the last time they attacked another nation? OR had any form of military conflict that wasn't in a defensive nature?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

LOL wow... you're just completely ready to discount this. You have either a very closed mind or don't know much about what's going on right now. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not taking the governments word at face value... not with an accusation like this. By your logic though, if the government were to say that Iran WASN'T involved... then would you believe that they WERE involved?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
As always, with all these reports, we never see the actual evidence, because it is conveniently classified top secret.

Stuff like this just goes to show that we can never defeat TPTB. They will just create a new, bigger distraction when the heat is turned up on them. If the OWS movement does start doing some real damage, you can bet that the US will be plunged into war, either civil or with another nation like Iran, in order for them to justify use of emergency powers and martial law, and to completely quash the movement. And when the dust settles, I can bet they will start to implement the Chinese blueprint to deal with society. As brutal as it is, its effective to keep the government in control and the people slaves.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
It has to be said that the alleged operation was reckless to the point of sheer insanity and terribly planned, when Iran is in actual fact very capable in this area and rather more sensible than people tend to give them credit for.

Other than cancellation, I can't see how the operation could have ended without fingers being pointed at Iran and if it were "successful" then it is more than likely that the consequences would have been horrific for them. The risk, which is about as extreme as it gets, would have to be justified by absolutely immense benefits and I can't see the concrete gains that any halfway-sane party in Iran would have in mind. IRGCQF is under the direct control of Khamenei and if he ordered this attack or put his stamp on it then that would not fit previous patterns of his behaviour.

Amongst other things, I find it quite strange that Iran would attempt to use Los Zetas to actually carry out the attack, as opposed to their plentiful stock of generic Islamist types who could be explained away as a self-sufficient extremist cell driven by their own ideology and not outside encouragement and resources. I just don't see the point. Mexican drug cartels aren't reliable business partners by any stretch of the imagination, the operation is practically suicidal from their point of view and $1.5 million does come across as an absolutely feeble sum of money given that they're being asked to obtain the status of Bin Laden in a sombrero. Given the extent of US (and its allies') infiltration of Mexican drug cartels, they were an unwise choice even without considering anything else and I am extremely sceptical about allegations that Suleimani was pulling the strings, unless he recently underwent a full-frontal lobotomy.

I don't yet believe that it was sanctioned from the top but I wouldn't discount any other possibilities, including a foreign operation. Some more information would be nice.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I've read different sources claiming that they use proxy groups to do their acts of destruction for them. Through those proxies they've been linked to terrorist acts. I was reading a thread yesterday that had a former CIA agent saying that in fact.

I'm sure whatever was going through their mind during the time of making that decision, they thought it was the correct one. They were wrong obviously, but that doesn't change the fact that they're accusing another country of an assassination attempt and that also doesn't make them less reliable in this sense.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

There is no reason NOT to believe Iran wouldn't attempt something like this

Please name one reason why Iran would want to do something like this.

"Because they hate our freedoms" is not a valid reason btw.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by joshter

I think it does.

The US hasn't given me a reason in the last 10 years to believe anything that comes out of their mouths when it comes to defense and potential terrorist threats. They've made a business out of scaring their people for public support and the erosion of your personal rights.

How many Americans have died as a result of terrorism since 911? Soldiers not included, they are casualities of war, so there's a difference.

The US has no enemy that requires such a large army to fight. They have an ideological enemy, and that fight won't be won with an army.

As for the US using proxy groups, that's been done for decades. Take Al Queda for example, they were trained by the CIA originally. So only the CIA are to blame for the terrorist organization that sprung up after they were done with it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join