It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Google Chrome, Rusty?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I just wanted to ask a question to see what kind of replies I got regarding Google Chrome and whether I should continue using it or not.......

I added Google Chrome to my PC in order to search the internet, but I am not sure whether I should have bothered or not.

I am not a technical/computer kind of person, I can just turn the PC on, wait for it to warm up and then click on the Google Chrome icon and away we go.....

But since I added Google Chrome to my computer it seems to be no better than what it was before even though it is advertised as being a great deal quicker and the best thing since sliced bread....

All I ever seem to get on the PC monitor is pop up screens asking me if I wanna wait for pages to open I am trying to view or kill them. Although I am not too sure what the killing part entails and I am not a very violent person...

The other thing that drives me mad is the fact that if I open more than one tab it gets slower and hardly seems to function as if I am giving Google Chrome too much to think about and then just freezes for ages and a day...

Does anybody else have problems with Google Chrome?

Does Google Chrome work well for people?

Should I change to something else, or just buy a new kettle and make a cup of tea?

Any assistance would be much appreciated...

Cheers

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I've found it's faster than IE, but I like Mozilla over Google Chrome.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

That about explains it.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

The only big problem I've had with Google Chrome is that it has the WORST spell checking program I've ever used.....It constantly can't guess the most normal of words, even if I'm only one letter off.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

The only big problem I've had with Google Chrome is that it has the WORST spell checking program I've ever used.....It constantly can't guess the most normal of words, even if I'm only one letter off.

.-. internet is supposed to have spellcheck? *NEWS TO ME*

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I'm a web developer myself. I use Chrome as my go to browser for surfing. Chrome is faster, and handles Javascript wonderfully, much better than Firefox imo. I would personally recommend Chrome to anyone.

That being said, I use Firefox for development, as it has better tools imo (though Chrome is quickly catching up)

If I were to rank browsers based on general use, I would do so in this order.....

Chrome
Firefox
Safari
Opera
Lynx
IE version 8+ (7 & 6 can go straight to a fiery hell)

Personally, your issues sound like nothing more than a PEBKAC error. Some malware and too many processes are probably the result.

edit on 14-10-2011 by Lighterside because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
On my slow-azz 1.4 GHz laptop (which runs pretty fast with not a lot of programs & add-ons on it), the fastest browser for me is Chrome!

IE is slow when I try to open it, although page loading has improved...& FF is CONSTANTLY crashing on me, or freezing (possibly due to a bug).

Chat seems to only work on Chrome..& Chrome opens up quickly, & webpages load instantly for me!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I was having massive problems with Firefox - couldn't even access the internet at times. I uninstalled FF and installed Chrome and have not had a single problem since. Sure something new will come along eventually, and there might be some Chrome kinks to be hammered out - but it's the finest running browser to date IMO.

Happy browsing!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

I notice the same thing. And it makes no sense being that if you type the same misspelled word in Google search, it will automatically bring up the correct one.

Someone at Google got drunk when they created the Chrome spell check

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Anyone using Chrome after reading (AND understanding) the wiki page en.wikipedia.org... is definitely not able to deny ignorance......

Good luck installing Chromium

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Thank you people for posting your thoughts on the Google Chrome debate. Although I do not entirely understand all the postings and their details I shall do my best to look more into it and see if I can make a difference with the advice given and try and deal with my technophobia.....haha..

new topics

top topics

join