It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Wall Street Protesters Set to Face off vs. Cops (Update: Cleaning Cancelled)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Police brass have demanded that Occupy Wall Street protesters temporarily vacate their filthy encampment in Zuccotti Park today to allow it to be power-washed, and return without their camping gear -- setting the stage for a massive confrontation between cops and demonstrators vowing to defy the order.

The well-needed scrubbing is seen by some as a clever way to rid lower Manhattan of the demonstrators, scores of whom have been busted for civil disobedience since setting up shop Sept. 17. Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said the cleaning will be done in three shifts this morning beginning at 7 -- and when the protesters return, their grimy gear will be banned from the privately owned park.

Hordes of protesters dug in their heels last night and said they’re ready to get busted in confrontations with cops.
“I’m willing [to be arrested]. It’s not my first choice, but if it’s needed, I will,” said B.C. Craig, 48, a professor at Bard College. Hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons arrived at 11 p.m. to talk with demonstrators and asked a cop, “Hey, if I’m here in the morning, will I get arrested?” The officer did not reply.

The protesters laid out a plan on their Facebook page last night. “We’ll awake and position ourselves with our brooms and mops in a human chain around the park, linked at the arms. If NYPD attempts to enter, we’ll peacefully/nonviolently stand our ground,” a posting read.

Source: www.nypost.com...

Well, only minutes to go before the Cleaning crews start moving in. And I'm talking about the Cops....

This is going to get real ugly, fast. IMO.

But hey, deep down... and behind the scens... It's what the organizers really want.

I can assure you those organizers won't be anywhere near the action front. Well, lets see what happens. Turn on the TV.

I just saw this article.... yes, the games are over...
Wall St. protesters Will NOT be allowed to bring sleeping bags, tents back into Park
www.nypost.com... epages&obref=obinsource

edit on 10/14/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I thought it was a private park. I also hear Russell Simmons has offered to pay to have it cleaned. I think they want it closed down before the weekend, when many more protests are set to take place.

watch on the livestream

www.livestream.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
Well, lets see what happens. Turn on the TV.

What?
Your TV is the worst source if you want to see what really happens.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

A private park?
Private.

That means they're trespassing now.
On private property.

Are they squatters now?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Lets just hope both sides keeps thier heads and not get foolish.

Obey the police and the police need to be fair/but stern/with a smile.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

After renovations in 2006, the park was renamed by its current owners, Brookfield Office Properties, after company chairman John Zuccotti.

wiki

Yes, indeed the wealthy tycoons and moguls own almost everything essentially.

I personally find it distressing.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by anon72

A private park?
Private.

On private property.

Are they squatters now?

Private property owned by a fictitious idea known as a corporation.

They claim it's a real person but I assure you, it's just an idea. It's all imagination.

But these imaginary ideas own almost everything now.

Also, since a corporation is it's own person, if something goes wrong the corporation (non-existent entity) is punished (not a real punishment) and the share-holders who propagate that corporation get off scott-free most of the time.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

edit on 14-10-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

It is private and the owners have filed a complaint with the city. They say the filth is attracting rodents.
edit on 14-10-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by anon72

A private park?
Private.

On private property.

Are they squatters now?

Nobody is trespassing anywhere. Even though it is privately owned it is accessible by the public and is required by agreement with the city to be open 24/7. In no way can they ban the protestors from this park but the owners can ban the camping equipment.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
It looks like confrontation time.I don't know how the protest can continue without the tents and sleeping bags as it will getting quite cold soon.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

by what I read, the tenting equipment, alot of the stuff they have with them is against the rules...which are clearly displayed at the park.....so well....
they are breaking the rules....

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Cleaning postponed.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Just heard on the news that the owners of the park have rescinded their request for Police assistance, and have postponed the cleaning for now..

no source yet, it just broke, but it looks like the confrontation will have to wait for another day?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

Yes, I just got back from the TV (FOXNews). Interesting development maybe?

Too bad.... it will just empower the lawbreakers more. Shame.

Obama definetly brought Change.... Change we could have done without.. IMO.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Interesting indeed.
Lets see what happens after the weekend.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic
Cleaning postponed.
*Thanx for that.I would still be the TV for news.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Just heard on the news that the owners of the park have rescinded their request for Police assistance, and have postponed the cleaning for now..

no source yet, it just broke, but it looks like the confrontation will have to wait for another day?

Greetings JacKatMtn:

We sit in wonderment at the specious argument that the protesters are mainly being painted by the MSM as "potheads," "vagabonds," even "ruffians" and "imported instigators."

Some of this may be true.

However, we seem to be able to hold Rainbow Gatherings at various places on beautiful Mother Earth and have been lauded as leaving the "occupied land" in a better state than before encampment.

Evidently, many of the occupier/protestors do not have the same modes operandi.

Too bad.

That may be the big stick that the man uses as the excuse to move them.

Come on, people protestors, pick up after yourselves!

Just our two cents.

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Well, after thinking about it from the NYPD's point of things. And then Wall Street tossed in.

Neither of them want a full fledge riot (Cleaning) on a Friday in NYC. No way... ain't gonna happen.

I predict the "Cleaning" will begin tomorrow morning, Saturday, at 6:00. Watch for a large concentration of buses and police vehicles arriving in the area before 6:00. Most likely they will stage the cops in underground garages near the cite-the will be the ones in full riot gear and dedicated to the Cleaning.

If the "Protestors" don't obey and begin to resist-peaceful or otherwise.... Watch out.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
It wasn't just "postponed", it was called of entirely.

edit on 10/14/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Nice. In their victory they broke into an impromptu March on Wall St. Catching the police off guard. Normally the police head then off before reaching wall St. Proper, but this time about 300 made it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join