It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uganda: Child Sacrifice Numbers Rise...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Child sacrifice numbers rise

I watched this disturbing program last night.

I went to bed and wished I had a gun and shot all the bastards that still believe in this garbage.

This is Uganda:

The spate of horrific rituals has coincided with the boom in Uganda's economy, with many believing the root cause is a portion of the nation's elite.

It is widely suspected that members of the Uganda upper-class are paying witch doctors to perform the act, in the hopes that it will bring them greater wealth and good health.

^from the above link

edit on 14-10-2011 by Thurisaz because: formatting

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Regulate the witch doctors?!?!
They should be put down themselves, I can not believe this goes on in our day and age at all, and the people who go seeking their services should never be allowed to sleep well again.
Disgusting!
I'm gob smacked!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC
Regulate the witch doctors?!?!
They should be put down themselves, I can not believe this goes on in our day and age at all, and the people who go seeking their services should never be allowed to sleep well again.
Disgusting!
I'm gob smacked!

... my eyes popped out of my head when I watched it. Not a good program before bed!

Some of it was just sheer disbelief that this could still be happening somewhere in the world.

and yes, 'regulating the witchdoctors?' absolute BS!!

all we need is one sniper to go in and clean up.

and they do it for 'more money or prosperity'!! How henious!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

A BBC undercover reporter is told: "We can bury the child alive.. Uganda's capital, Kampala, are gripped by fear. Schoolchildren are closely watched by teachers and parents as they make their way home from school. In playgrounds and on the roadside are posters warning of the danger of abduction by witch doctors for the purpose of child sacrifice. The ritual, which some believe brings wealth and good health, was almost unheard of in the country until about three years ago, but it has re- emerged, seemingly alongside a boom in the country's economy. The mutilated bodies of children have been discovered at roadsides, the victims of an apparently growing belief in the power of human sacrifice.'Sacrifice business' Many believe that members of the country's new elite are paying witch doctors vast sums of money for the sacrifices in a bid to increase their wealth At the Kyampisi Childcare Ministries church, Pastor Peter Sewakiryanga is teaching local children a song called Heal Our Land, End Child Sacrifice. To hear dozens of young voices singing such shocking words epitomises how ritual murder has become part of everyday ife here."Child sacrifice has risen because people have become lovers of money. They want to get richer," the pastor says."They have a belief that when you sacrifice a child you get wealth, and there are people who are willing to buy these children for a price. So they have become a commodity of exchange, child sacrifice has become a commercial business." The pastor and his parishioners are lobbying the government to regulate witch doctors and improve police resources to investigate these crimes. According to official police figures, there was one case of child sacrifice in 2006; in 2008 the police say they investigated 25 alleged ritual murders and in 2009, another 29. The Anti-Human Sacrifice Police Task Force, launched in response to the growing numbers, says the ritual murder rate has slowed, citing a figure of 38 cases since 2006. Pastor Sewakiryanga disputes the police numbers, and says there are more victims from his parish than official statistics for the entire country The work of the police task force has been strongly criticised by the UK- based charity, Jubilee Campaign. It says in a report that the true number of cases is in the hundreds, and claims more than 900 cases have yet to be investigated by the police because of corruption and a lack of resources'Quiet money'

Source

Why do we help these people again?

No more money from me.

edit on 14-10-2011 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

i would donate money so people could buy bullets to shoot witchdoctors!!

maybe someone should start a fundraiser?

oh but that is against the law and would not be tolerated. And yet?

....... maybe we could regulate vigilantes?

what a farce, the legal system has become a farce.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by EvanB

i would donate money so people could buy bullets to shoot witchdoctors!!

maybe someone should start a fundraiser?

oh but that is against the law and would not be tolerated. And yet?

....... maybe we could regulate vigilantes?

what a farce, the legal system has become a farce.

This kind of belief, including the burning of kids believed to be witches by so called "christians" is endemic right across the African continent.

Superstition and the occult is very much a part of African culture.. They have even imported some of that to our shores...

Its very much part of the African persona, stamping it out will take a LOT of education, however tptb have a vested interest in keeping the African people in the dark ages to steal their wealth and resources, and placing people of dubious morals in power to make that happen.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Not quite part of the entire African culture, that's some extreme generalizing there.

The people who actually believe that this kind of thing is ok, are very few in comparison to those the believe it is not, just the simple fact that teachers and parents are keeping a close eye on the children in schools and going to and from school and that they are living in fear, should tell you at least that much.

To generalize African culture like that is just plain uninformed, the cultures between the different countries on the African continent differ extremely. This is not the United States of Africa, these are different countries we are talking about, not states. The Ugandans have a complete different culture to their neighboring countries. Rwanda still has cannibals, that is not generally found elsewhere except on rare occasions where one from that country now lives in another and it's not an accepted thing to do where he finds himself now.

Please refrain from generalizing Africans. It's an insult.

Yes, superstitions are big in Africa, but those superstitions are different in every culture and you have multiple cultures in one country. The one will believe that toads and frogs bring bad luck, the next will believe that its black dogs, another doesn't believe in superstitions at all. Africa doesn't consist of one culture as per what you are implying.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
well this is happening in Uganda.

I agree with not over generalising...and the fact that there are people who are guarding the kids obviously shows there are people in Uganda who oppose this and want it to stop.

The fact it has become an issue and is happening anywhere in the world is apalling.

edit on 14-10-2011 by Thurisaz because: grammar

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Exactly, thank you, I appreciate that

The truth is that this has been an issue for decades, I can not explain why it's only making headlines in recent years, but the problem has been going on for decades, together with the problem of the so-called "christians" doing terrible things to children in the name of false exorcisms through a twisted belief system.

I suspect, I can not be sure though, if you delve a little deeper, the ones that are performing these fake exorcisms, and the witch doctors stem from the same root.

It's a horrible situation, and we don't know what to do, how do you undo an entire belief system that has its roots in their heritage? Making use of a sniper as was suggested above, would not solve the problem.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Pixie777

The belief in Gods has corrupted the entire world. I suspect you are right without stating it. Oooops did I just state it?

this dogma of long held delusions is so indoctrinated into our world we really are fighting an uphill battle.

People go to church and 'admire' abraham for his dedication and faith to his god by following what he was told to do... sacrifice his own Child.

People go to church and honor eucharist...it is an ancient ritual that involved eating the flesh and drinking the blood of others, in particular children. WTF hope do we have?

People simulate this to this very day and take 'holy communion'...

It is a dreadful legacy.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Witch-doctors reveal extent of child sacrifice in Uganda

and farout, the above news article is from Jan 2010 and over a year later, we get a news story and it is projected in the media as 'a new thing' that has been uncovered:

Uncovering the business of Child sacrifice

how long does it take to get anything productive done??? farout.
farout...the list of articles goes back at least 10 years....so wtf isn't anything being done about it?

what a farce.

edit on 11-11-2011 by Thurisaz because: edit

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Uganda falls in the area of United States?

I am interested in what the map you have supplied means? Are you suggesting there is more to this?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by Daedal

Uganda falls in the area of United States?

I am interested in what the map you have supplied means? Are you suggesting there is more to this?

Uganda is not the only country or Occupied country that has a history of abuse directly related to children in Africa.

What I do know is the abduction of children for use as soldiers in Central and East Africa, is a ongoing problem that the human right's advocates have been focusing on and IMO sensationalising.

The areas in conflict which harbor extremist ideology are ravaged by brutal warlord's such as the Lord's Resistance Army or LRA which have created chaos in Uganda and the DRC.Also in Somalia the Al - Shabaab,an extremist group with ties to Al - Qaeda have been abducting and using children as soldiers.

The map I posted really didn't have a significant point,but I found it interesting when I began researching the LRA and Al - Shabaab and the potential indicators of how the Occupied areas may be an inclusive reason behind the instability in the region.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

thanks for explaining that.

I have some reading up to do on this.

thx

new topics

top topics

join