It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disformation: Do you know it when you see it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Say you're a top political figure in a government, say the USA, would you know disinformation when you see it? It's my firm belief that many of the plots are so convoluted that it makes it nearly impossible to tell which is real and which is fake.

Now, if I was in such a regime and had such a particular interest to pay attention to such conspiracy websites, I would look upon so many websites and laugh to myself based upon the topics and replies. I would see a few that hit the nail on the head but have a vast majority looking upon the posts and replying "No proof - didn't happen."

Or would I wonder why the public is so stupid?

It's my personal opinion that a select few are right on, but have little or no support in their beliefs by majority of contributors to those posts. Which is entirely understandable; however; it's a bit disheartening because I know that if I was a government official, I would do everything in my power to make the true stories so impossibly convoluted that they would have little support.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ErgoSphere

Seems a bit of a hopeless situation don't it?
edit on 14-10-2011 by InformationAccount because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by InformationAccount

and so are you

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
if I was a government official, I would do everything in my power to not stuff up the world and tell the truth

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dannotz
reply to post by InformationAccount

and so are you

Alright you call it like you see it.

Look at it from my perspective.

No one will admit to anything.
edit on 14-10-2011 by InformationAccount because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
All I know is over the past three years or so I have seen more and more information - via a variety of mediums that has not been evident before. In short - information is so tightly interwoven with the disinformation that it is difficult to discern which is which.

As an example Intergalactic Craft and Intergalactic Visitors were once a seldom reported subject and almost always ridiculed - particularly when included in a newspaper or new bulletin. Now there seems to be more reports being made in all areas of the media - more books, more well produced television programmes also well produced documentaries etcetera.

My point being where once a person had to have a really good look to find resources - there now seems to be an abundance of resources that are easier to locate than in the past. Okay you have to discount the people who want to make a fast dollar but what about the earnest, dedicated researcher who is presenting information to share with other like minded people as well as the people who have an enquiring mind and are interested in learning.

It seems that for every truth teller/secret teller/whistleblower/whatever there is someone to debunk them. I suspect that a part of the cabal/illuminati/whatever plans are to cause fear and chaos - to this end they are well on their way to achieving their plan.

I feel that each person has to develop their own instincts to discern the information from the disinformation. It is also a fact that personal experience will flavour an opinion on any given subject. All I know is lies do the most damage to people as individuals and what lies can do to an entire community can be devastating. What's that lovely adage ? No matter how deeply buried - the truth always fizzes up to the surface.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoSphere
Say you're a top political figure in a government, say the USA, would you know disinformation when you see it? It's my firm belief that many of the plots are so convoluted that it makes it nearly impossible to tell which is real and which is fake.

Now, if I was in such a regime and had such a particular interest to pay attention to such conspiracy websites, I would look upon so many websites and laugh to myself based upon the topics and replies. I would see a few that hit the nail on the head but have a vast majority looking upon the posts and replying "No proof - didn't happen."

Or would I wonder why the public is so stupid?

It's my personal opinion that a select few are right on, but have little or no support in their beliefs by majority of contributors to those posts. Which is entirely understandable; however; it's a bit disheartening because I know that if I was a government official, I would do everything in my power to make the true stories so impossibly convoluted that they would have little support.

I am more interested in why people deride those with alternate views.

How did TPTB instigate that level of conditioning?

new topics

top topics

join