It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another example of Fox News bias.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Right before the Geraldo Rivera show a reporter was speaking about Madison Square Garden and said that Republicans had chosen a state which 4 out of 5 people are democrats, and then they cut to picture of protestors and then made a connection between protestors and democrats. Sorry I forgot the reporters exact words but it was really biased.
Someone needs to tell Fox News that protestors are not democrats!

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Protestors are democrats, and libertarians, and Green Party, and former republicans, and moderates, they are everyone. But yes, it does sound like they are trying to make it seem all dems are protesting and no one else.

p1

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Fox news sucks! Fox news sucks! Fox news sucks!

That had to be the most humorous thing I saw at the protests today

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBigD

I don't think you can blame Fox News for the fact that Rivera was neck deep in protesters when he noted the political demographic of New York. Personnally, I'm hoping all the protesters are voting for Nader.

Furthermore, if this crowd hates Fox News, that can only mean that Fox News is doing something right and I'm getting my news from the right source.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Furthermore, if this crowd hates Fox News, that can only mean that Fox News is doing something right and I'm getting my news from the right source.

No it means that you don't have a clue. Fox News is biased and full of #, and so is all the rest of the media (CNN, MSNBC...etc...). There is no such thing as accurate and unbiased news reporting in the United States anymore.

There is no such thing as a free press in America anymore, there hasn't been for a long time now.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Fox news = The closest thing to The Ministry Of Truth we have.

[edit on 8/29/04 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
No it means that you don't have a clue. There is no such thing as a free press in America anymore, there hasn't been for a long time now.

You're the clueless one. I don't know where you got all these ideas, but you need to wake up and smell the coffee. You might offer some examples of why you think things are as bad as you say they are. You might also watch Fox News a little so you'd know what you were talking about.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Fox news is biased? Surely not
What with all that excellent reporting and indepth coverage of Third Parties.

Seriously though, to even call them a "News channel" is taking it quite far. In fact, to call any of these channels serious news is also taking it quite far. We need reporters with a backbone that will stand up against all odds for the truth, sadly those days are fading fast.

One of those "news" reporters from one of Fox's early morning shows is from my hometown in Kansas, and he is a total "you know what"!!! My parents went to school with him, and when he comes back to town he spreads his right-wing love to anyone that will listen, yet could care less about anyone in that town. Sad, very sad indeed!

Some links:

www.alternet.org...

www.fair.org...

[edit on 29-8-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   

You're the clueless one. I don't know where you got all these ideas, but you need to wake up and smell the coffee.

LMFAO!!! If it's the same "coffee" you're sniffing then NO thank you... I think I'll pass!

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
One of those "news" reporters from one of Fox's early morning shows is from my hometown in Kansas, and he is a total "you know what"!!!

Which news reporter would that be?

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure I remember hearing a FOX news reporter is speaking at the RNC. Also, I remember hearing multiple times on FOX news that a key aspect of their reporting is to present their own opinions, which they do.

And, last but not least, I think FOX and the rest of the news channels really can be called news. But you know what...that's a long way off from being journalism.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Grady....I believe his name is "Steve Doocy" or something similar. I would have to ask my parents what his name is though for certain. I have heard him talk a few times when he came back home, and I was not impressed to say the least.

Here is an interesting link about Fox News. It explains them fairly good I think:

www.worldhistory.com...

[edit on 29-8-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Fox News has a full schedule of all kinds of news programs, from current events reporting, to investigative reporting, to new analysis, to opinion and editorial programs. I can't imagine that Fox could find a broader mix of political views on its shows. I've never seen a network work so hard to be fair and balanced and I dare someone to name one.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Fox News has a full schedule of all kinds of news programs, from current events reporting, to investigative reporting, to new analysis, to opinion and editorial programs. I can't imagine that Fox could find a broader mix of political views on its shows. I've never seen a network work so hard to be fair and balanced and I dare someone to name one.

Wow. That actually sounded like a commercial for the network.

[edit on 30-8-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
Grady....I believe his name is "Steve Doocy"

Here's your man,Steve Doucy.. I really know nothing about him because I never see that program.

I really don't need anyone to explain Fox News to me since I watch it many hours per day. I've been following news for a lot of years and I think I can figure this one out for myself.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBigD

I don't think you can blame Fox News for the fact that Rivera was neck deep in protesters when he noted the political demographic of New York. Personnally, I'm hoping all the protesters are voting for Nader.

Does this last statement mean FOX news doesn't like protests? I don't understand...Or do you not like protestors? Or does the news you see on FOX tell you to like Bush? Can you elaborate please?

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Or does the news you see on FOX tell you to like Bush? Can you elaborate please?

Fox doesn't tell me who to like and as far as I can tell, they really don't tell anyone else who to like. I hear a pretty balanced view from a roster of punidts that I just don't have time to post. This might help.

As far as the protesters go, there just isn't anything that I can really respect about the lunatic left. These people are fundamentally anti-American and Bush is their target du jour.

If Kerry is elected, he will become the target because he will have to prosecute a war against terrorism or the attacks will start all over and the left will not stand for an America that defends itself. This was made obvious when the left targeted Johnson and then set their sights on Nixon.

So, I'm very capable of making decisions on my own. I'm capable of expressing my political persuasions without hystrionics and disruption of the political process. Whatever these lunatics espouse, I steer clear of. In a way they make my decision making a lot easier.

[edit on 04/8/29 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
So, are you trying to imply everyone who doesn't like FOX News is a lunatic leftie? Or that all the protestors there are lunatic lefties? Hey, it's your opinion I guess. Though, I'm sure I could point out for you a lot of conservatives who protest Bush's actions. The fact is, it's hard to make generalizations anywhere without being wrong at least 1 time. I for one don't like what Bush has done and hey, I don't even watch news. The funny thing is, is that most of the time I watch news its FOX and O'Reilly. I actually find O' Reilly very hilarious because I think he is so full of himself, yet I'm tempted to watch it.

Anyway, when I used to watch news, I watched all of them. And I would notice that there were things CNN was reporting that FOX wasn't, and vice versa. This leads me to believe that all are biased in some sense by the type of news they decide they want to report.

It's hard to report all the relevant news though, so you can't really blame them. They all have agendas.

But all in all, I respect journalists much more than I do main stream media. Not to mention the joys of reading lol. You get much more information and through all the various outlets you get to see the good, the bad, and the ugly. You don't get that when you rely on one station. And I assure you, FOX is not reporting all the relevant news.

I kind of like that...we need stations who will report the good, the bad, and the ugly.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Fox News definately has it's tilt. But all of them do. At least Fox does attempt to show both sides. In a sea of conservatives, they have little ole Alan Colmes. A lone liberal in a den of conservatives.

Can anyone name the conservative on CNN? MSNBC?

Oh yeah, the protesters weren't so much democrats as they were anarchists.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
The fact is, it's hard to make generalizations anywhere without being wrong at least 1 time.

I thought about the generalization issue, but everyone has to make generalizations and every reasonable listener is capable of making allowances. I know that there are protesters who are not lunatics, but I feel safe in saying that at least 51% of the them would make the cut in my book.

There are plenty of issues on which I disagree with Bush--faith-based initiatives, the marriage amendment are two that come to mind. I just can't type all night on one post to cover all the bases. If you knew me, you would understand that I am a very thoughtful individual and I have a pretty good education and I've really been around. I don't make political decisions lightly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join