It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is our Franz Ferdinand, The Shot Hear 'Round the World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Iran suspect met DEA informant through acquaintance

(Reuters) - Iran assassination plot suspect Manssor Arbabsiar was introduced to an undercover federal informant by a woman Arbabsiar met years ago when he worked as a Texas used-car dealer, U.S. officials said on Thursday.

Arbabsiar approached the woman earlier this year after returning last spring from a trip to Iran, two U.S. officials briefed on the investigation into the alleged plot said.

He asked the woman, whose identity has not become public, whether she could introduce him to anyone who "knew explosives," one of the U.S. officials said.

She arranged for Arbabsiar to get in touch with her nephew. What neither the woman nor Arbabsiar knew was that the nephew, whose identity is also unknown, had an established relationship with law enforcement agencies as a drug informant.
President Barack Obama defended his handling of the case on Thursday, saying "we would not be bringing forward a case unless we knew exactly how to support all the allegations that are contained in the indictment."

Yet it became increasingly clear that if Iran's Quds Force, the covert arm of its Islamic Revolutionary Guards, had sought to strike U.S. targets, their alleged agent was hapless.

"If they're looking for 007, they got Mr. Bean," said David Tomscha, a friend and former business partner of Arbabsiar's in Corpus Christi, Texas, where they ran a used-car dealership together a decade ago.
But many outside experts, and at least some officials inside the government, remain wary, with some expressing concern that the administration of President Barack Obama is inflating the significance of a questionable plot to score political and diplomatic points against Tehran.

A former U.S. intelligence official said it was unlikely that FBI Director Robert Mueller and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton would publicly tout the alleged Iranian government angle if they had qualms about the intelligence.

"There are too many people who are defending it to think it's totally bogus," a former intelligence official said.

But the official added: "I'm having a real hard time believing it is as orchestrated and centrally run as they seem to be implying. If it weren't for the fact that there were so many people standing up and publicly talking about it who ought to know, then I would be even more skeptical."

Source

"He looked like an expensive guy, but he wasn't," the clerk said. "He was one of those 'very important people' who acted important but wasn't important."

This guy had money when his businesses were failing and he was being arrested. He had a fine wine life on a dime budget, pretty common place for a patsy. His contact who said her family member in Mexico could get him explosives is a total mystery, and she just happens to have a family member who is an informant and sends this man to him. He is of course now portrayed as a moron, who some how crossed the border and dealt with some of the most dangerous people in the world is just "Mr. Bean", and not 007. He eluded detection until the last second, and was obviously able to live the lifestyle he desired around his neck but without money from his [f]ailing ventures.

We are to believe that this guy traveled to Mexico to meet with a drug cartel (and the 'paid informant who's identity can't be confirmed or denied because of National Security. You know, the one with the dissapearing elder woman who sent our terrorist across the border...?) which is obviously under surveillence because we have an expensive war on drugs being waged. We are even comissioning predator drones sooner or later, maybe even already. Unless he changed cars, clothes, hairstyle, gait, license plate, passport, identification, and other more subtle cues, he was tracked to and from the cartel. That's speculation of course, but doesn't that technology exist? Aren't we waging a war here?

We are, of course, supposed to believe all of this based on paid informants who are still allowed to operate a criminal enterprise. We are to believe that this information is 100% valid enough to invade a country, and that any other classified evidence is not required to justify the course of action (war with Iran) within two weeks. "What classified info, may you ask? We're glad you did! We, at the BATF, like to call it Operation Gunrunner or Operation Fast and Furious, different names much like OIF, OEF. *"

*Not an actual statement of the BATF, but you probably don't read anything with a "*" symbol, me either.

The article inadvertantly poses a question toward the end, and I think it requires real discussion. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was either for, or against, going into Iraq without clear evidence of WMD's. She is now saying that we should trust her and not see the facts before we enter into battle with Iran.

The article goes on to describe what would feel like a mountain of evidence though it seems pretty weak to me when you actually look at it. Of course, I mean 'look at it' figuratively, because even though they are willing to release this seemingly vast amount of information on an ongoing investigation, the real evidence is classified. Phone conversations with people, and certain time/location sensitive data is leaked in this very article, which could reveal the identity of the informant, the woman who called the informant and anyone he's told anonymnity is an option. In fact, it's kind of hard to tell anyone you can be sure we will keep your identity safe when the information in this article isn't considered classified and garbage that would end careers and regimes is.

The end of the article tells us that we are basically silly children who don't deserve to see the evidence before first strike with a country is initiated through a proxy. We are tied to NATO and the UN, so we can let our Nobel Peace Prize winning POTUS drag us into anything he wants kicking and screaming or sucking our thumbs. I just got done watching Fox News on the O'Reilly Factor, and Megyn Kelley told the viewer that presidents haven't been following the Constitution for over 40 years, so why should the POTUS start when considering attacking the leader of a foreign power with a predator drone missile. Eric Holder is obviously taking the fall to cease the line of questioning from going up the chain of command, like any government or corporporation.

I have laid many facts down in previous threads leading to Iran, Russia, China and all other allies disintigrating amidst the chaos, opting to surrender or pick possible winners.

Keep in mind, it's not enough that you understand both sides are funded by the same puppetmasters. You must understand that not matter the outcome, we are the losers. We, the people, have the most to lose here. Remember to love thy neighbor, during the best and worst of times.

Don't fall victim to hatemongering, because the only freedom we have left is the freedom to love eachother. Don't let anyone take that away from you, your brothers, or humanity.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I really want to know if they are going to uncover that he was not working with Iran down the road, and that he was just a disgruntled American immigrant who was tired of corruption (which they will spin as an evil thing) and opted to do something about it. When that happens, or if a similar event occurs, the crosshairs go from Iranians to you. I wanted to separate the speculation from my thread, because I don't want it seen as prediction, it's probability at this point.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

With the recent track record of our government, I'm having a real hard time buying this story. The main stream media sells this like it's an act of war...I hope the average person realizes that the whole thing is a farce and it blows up in the face of whoever is behind this JUNK!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Excellent post OP, S&F for you of course!

I also really like this piece on this over at Zero Hedge, some really interesting information and many links are included within; it's a great read, especially if you have the time to follow all of the links.

www.zerohedge.com...

Iran Terror Plot: No Evidence

The day before Attorney General was subpoenaed about what he knew about the Department of Justice and Drug Enforcement Agency's "Fast and Furious" operation to get weapons to Mexico's largest drug cartel, the U.S. government announced that the Iranians planned to kill a Saudi ambassador on U.S. soil.

And they said - you guessed it - that it was DOJ and DEA who broke up the plot.

But no one is buying it ... not even the pro-war mainstream media.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Do you think everyone can calm down a little bit until we actually see a response from our government.

Right now, all they are doing is talking tough...because they HAVE TO.

I really really doubt anything besides additional sactions will be done about it...an Iranian plot to kill a Saudi ambassador in the United States just doesn't scream "let's go to war" to me.

And it doesn't to anyone else...except the Republicans...because they are going to push that because they know it is the last thing Obama would ever do. So they can safely say that is what should be done, and then point to him and say "look...he's not doing anything".

WWIII is not going to be caused by something so minor as this.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry

Don't fall victim to hatemongering, because the only freedom we have left is the freedom to love eachother. Don't let anyone take that away from you, your brothers, or humanity.

Great OP - best I have read in ages. This is very scary, and i don't see any amount of public outcry derailing their plans now that the ball is rolling. Very bad times are neer, I fear!

S&F - but if all you had written was the 2 sentences I quoted above you would still have had a hundred stars from me if I was able to give them! Nice one!

Love and Peace

SM

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by kip27

Are they really (no sarcasm, i dont watch MSM outside of clips here)? If this guy was going to trial it would be hard to convict him let alone go to war over it.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kip27
reply to post by sbctinfantry

With the recent track record of our government, I'm having a real hard time buying this story. The main stream media sells this like it's an act of war...I hope the average person realizes that the whole thing is a farce and it blows up in the face of whoever is behind this JUNK!

It doesn't matter if you can believe the story or not, there are reall issues that should be investigated right now, but nothing is being done. You see, either these protests on Wall Street and across America are at the very least, being aided and abetted by foreign "military advisors".

You know how I prove this? It's simple, really.

If you watch videos of strange men handing out pizza and twenty dollar bills, with sychophants calling him "daddy" while he talks to them like his robot army of perpetually adolescent drones, you have to ask yourself, who is these men? You can talk about conspiracy theories all day, but I'll tell you what's the number two most likely canidates because skeptical people believe in Occam's Razor.

Even if there is no connection between #OWS or any other occupy movement, I find it asinine to believe that foreign powers refuse on moral grounds to not sew discontent, fund oppositions and weaken America any chance they get. If this movement has not be co-opted, it will be. Look at #Occupy LA telling you right to your face it's going to get violent, protestors who destroying a park with their trash, drugs, sex and lack of hygeine refusing to leave on the grounds it violates their free speech to be slobs. It's all set up in paradigms. Are you for, or against kicking them out? They don't deserve to be there in the first place if they can't keep it clean, and the police don't deserve the inconvenience of kicking them out if they can't police themselves.

Of course, if the FBI and other letter agencies are not stopping these strange sugar daddies and questioning them, on the grounds of national security alone (because let's face it, we can do anything else under the guise of national security because Megyn Kelley said the POTUS can, and it's not against the law if the... nevermind) then it points to complicity or even enabling on behalf of our government. So where's the investigation into that on the breaking news boob tube MSM?

We are growing weak as a nation, and it's time to realize that we are inviting trouble and boy we're going to get it if we continue on this path.

Of course, there's the catch 22 I've been mentioning over and over. If you elect a man who throws the constitution out the window, forces you to buy into programs, tells Congress they are irrelevant, and rules by decree, what do you expect? You just hired a dictator.

Let's all run to Ron Paul, right? What grounds would he end the Federal Reserve? That Congress never passed it? That it wasn't under good enough conditions of questionable legality? How about because it was not in Congress' authority to waive it's right? In the end, you would have to take it to the Supreme Court. The Judicial Branch isn't going to budge, because it's been stuffed full of agenda hugging lifers and they know it. In order to enact change, you have to make an entire 1/3 of the government irrelevant from the start. After you overrule the SC's decision, Congress will step in and be vaporized as well, or turned into an illusionary puppet like parliment.

It's a losing game when you pick sides, but the game doesn't exist without players. If you just wake up and make a choice that the government will not affect you with it's corruption any more than you allow it, your life will be better off and you will see real change.

Personal change, and that's the only change you can believe in. Believe in yourself.
edit on 2011/10/14 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

top topics

join