It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some one religious help me!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by douglas82391

She was probably speaking in Yiddish, very similar to Hebrew, a dying language among German, Polish and Austrian Jews. Most who speak the language are survivors of Europe in WW2. If I am right, then there's a high chance either this woman survived the Nazi death camps or barely got out of Europe alive. You are most likely dealing with an dear elderly Jewish woman with Dementia and she's having a light-bulb moment of her past !!!

I'm so disgusted by this thread and the attitude of the Op, I hope you resign from your position in the nursing home. Coming on here in an open international forum and discussing patients in such a viral manner.....I just want to be sick. You should be shamed of yourself!
edit on 14-10-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Sumerian is a dead language. It hasn't been spoken aloud in several thousand years, so you wouldn't know it was sumerian even if it was. I'm not a religious person but i do believe in Jesus Christ. She's not demon possessed, elderly folks get nutty at that age because their brains begin to break down and a UTI can actually influence their thought processes or make them unresponsive. My wife is a nurse at a nursing home, she deals with all sorts of abnormal behavior working in an alzheimers/dementia unit. People see something strange and immediately jump to the "demonic possession" conclusion.

Signs of demonic possession are as follows. Ability to levitate, fling objects about without touching them, being scratched or clawed, sometimes have words written on their skin that they did not do. As in the case of Don Decker's possession in 1983 he (or the spirit inside him) was able to make it rain indoors, and the rain would fall from the floor to the cieling and defy gravity, or sometimes rain horizontally across the room and he was seen by several people to have been levitated and thrown across the room by an unseen entity.

Personally i think what you have is just a very sickly old lady and they do get this way. Its a natural process of aging and as all things do, breaking down. My advice is to just ignore it and log down any unusual activity in their charts (if you are allowed to log in charts), or just go let your nurse know and they will deal with it if they can.

Lastly, it could also be a case of reaping what you sow. You cannot be evil to people and not expect something to come back onto you. Some people call it karma.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

At least he didn't name her, so it could have been worse, in a glass is half full kind of way.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Those from below have gotten smarter than to just throw people around a room. You can always tell by the eyes, as they are the gateway to the soul. Some can take over a body and just stand there and watch without doing anything at all. Another is to get the possessed person to look into the mirror, a person cannot hide there true selves in a mirror.

True possession - They are only as strong as the persons body is. If they are being lifted up off the ground, then it's not the entity inside the body, but others around who are doing said work. A physical body still cannot defy gravity. It will still have to be lifted up from below it.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
those religious people will just make it worse. do the smart thing and go to a doctor.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I don't buy it. Keep the job you aren't gonna make it as a horror writer. The cat eye pupils made me suspicious but the clincher was the pentagram with the numbers. Seems you knew more than you let on at first or did you just happen to find the painting she has on the inet. I don't believe you.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I grew up in the Church, but I have never seen anything like that before. I believe she was under demonic attack, but I don't understand the mumbling of those numbers like that.

We need a Rabbi to address that part.

In the meantime, prayers for you and her.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
RELIGIOUS == HELP

i think not said I

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by douglas82391
Also it was not gibberish she was speaking but an actual language

First of all, your reaction to this should be an indication to everyone here that she wasn't just speaking gibberish or having a stroke or other medical problem. It's clear that this penetrated right to your soul and made you react at some primal level. That's what makes me think that what you witnessed was indeed something demonic. Spiritual experiences transcend our senses and what we "think" or "believe" and can transform us in an instant. That goes for both good and evil experiences. The good news is demons can typically not transfer to you unless you invite them in, so trying to talk with or interact with her during one of these episodes would be a bad idea as jhill76 said. You don't need to shun the woman, but if she's asleep and starts into that again I'd suggest just leaving her be unless it appears she needs some kind of medical attention. And it can't hurt to pray, if you don't believe then just pray that if God exists then would He please reveal Himself to you. You don't have to go through elaborate rituals or say certain words, God knows what's in your heart so just keep it sweet and simple. Make that request and see where it takes you. It's taken me to some truly amazing places

WHAT AM I TALKING ABOUT!?!?!?!?! I do believe i saw what i saw but I'm starting to believe although i saw it, it never happened. Maybe somehow i have let Hollywood dull my perception of reality too much. Maybe she was speaking a funky language that she learned, like Jamaican Patois, of course i wouldn't understand that and being whispered that would sound creepy also. I was already freaked out as she was walking toward me and there was a bright light next to her head from my view so maybe that somehow made her eyes looked so yellow as i was focusing in on them because of that light. If anyone comes back to this thread and reads this please disregard anything i have said as being supernatural... it's just way too Hollywood

That's a perfectly normal reaction for a rational person. It's an attempt at coping with what you went through. However, it doesn't change the fact that there ARE unseen forces at work in this world, both good and evil, and you probably got a glimpse at it. Stay sharp, don't drop your guard.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
Most who speak the language are survivors of Europe in WW2. If I am right, then there's a high chance either this woman survived the Nazi death camps or barely got out of Europe alive. You are most likely dealing with an dear elderly Jewish woman with Dementia and she's having a light-bulb moment of her past !!!

It was mentioned earlier that the woman is in her early 60's, so WWII was over long before she was even born.

Originally posted by bluemirage5
I'm so disgusted by this thread and the attitude of the Op, I hope you resign from your position in the nursing home. Coming on here in an open international forum and discussing patients in such a viral manner.....I just want to be sick. You should be shamed of yourself!

He's done nothing wrong or unethical, he didn't name the person nor the facility where he works or even the city. What's he supposed to do, go talk to one of the doctors about it? He'd be fired on the spot.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I LOVE old people.

If you are not familiar with what the mind can do especially with age and or medications you may want to educate yourself.

Every experience of death or the ones approaching death is different. Every person who as a stroke may be on one meidicine while another is on a different medication. The mind can get pretty electrifying and to the individual experiencing such they are definitely not knowingly talking out of their mind, imo of course.

My point is just because the poor woman is talking out of her mind does not mean she is demonic or possessed.

I was showing a house one day to a buyer and I was forewarned by the listing agent that there is an elderly woman in her room. She said do not go in there...you may hear her talking but just know she is ok and actually tied to her bed.
That saddened me and did when I walked in the house.

She was talking to someone and calling them by name and the conversation of course was one sided. To me it was obvious she had dementia.

I hope to not get that way as it does scare people. It is really sad!

She may need different medication or possibly no medication. What are the meds she is on anyway??
edit on 14-10-2011 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
if i disregard the "yellow eyes" part of your story, I would say nothing odd happened there at all. When people talk in there sleep it can sound like anything. I live with sleep talkers, lol. Sometimes it is clear, as if they were wide awake. Other times it is mumbled. And sometimes it is as though they were talking very very high speed. Or another language. You have to remember, the average dream, while it may feel like it takes ages to go through, is accomplished in only a few seconds. If i person is talking in their dream, their brain may be processing the speech very very rapidly, causing them to speak so fast as to not be understood. So mumbling adn talking in an un-understood "language" is of itself absolutely nothing to be worried about. As for the eyes, I am not certain you saw what you think you did. I know you will tell me you are 100% cerain she had cat eyes, but i posit that it was either your imagination, a trick of the light, or both. If she had been possessed by a demon, I highly doubt the demon cares what her eyes look like and would bother to change them. I know a lot is made in the movies about that, but I just dont see a spiritual entity having any control over our dna momentarily like that.
I hope the poor old soul was able to calm down after your incident. It must have been very startling for her to be shouted awake and then have you dash off as she stumbled confusedly out of her deep sleep. Even for a young person that would be disconcerting and upsetting, least of all for an elderly lady. Hope you go back and apologize and make sure she was not too upset by it.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The yellow eyes can be attributed to many things. Liver issues, medications and so on to think of two right off the top of my head.

I once took care of an elderly woman, my papa, and ex-father in law and when on certain medications they can be soooo different. I am talking completely different.

Some doctors (while all are practicing) do not know the practice very well as they are not really bed side doctors. Make sense? Meaning they do not take the time per individual to take note of the effects some medications are doing to their mind. Be mindful of this ya'll because Doctors can not knowingly kill you with their practice of medicine and diagnosis. This is a fact, although do not be scared...just be aware.

This woman when awakening to your fear I am sure did not help her.
I have to wonder how long you have been doing this as a profession.
Your reaction is soooo funny to me and I sure hope I am understanding you correctly to say that she was at first talking numbers and then some gibberish that sounded like sumerian or hebrew... and that may very well be that she is tallking in another language. Never know.

As far as needing a religious person? Nah.....I don't think you need call on Jesus just yet.....just be aware of her meds and document differences she may be noticably having since these meds first began. That right there may indeed be your demon....dang meds these docs give to the elderly.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

This is so intriguing to me. Have you heard about people waking up from a coma/recovering from a stroke speaking in different languages or accents? I believe that there is an inter-connectivity between humans or perhaps a deeper memory that spans the ages that we have locked deep in our subconscious mind. Sometimes when that deep memory gets tapped into it is brought forth and sometimes people 'remember'. Maybe..maybe this lady you care for is close to death. Maybe she is teetering on the edge of reality where in a relaxed state she has access to our collective past. Maybe.

I believe in God because I believe that there is far more to our existence than we could ever guess at. I believe that God does work in ways that are mysterious to man...mayhaps God has plans for you that you are not aware of and this is His way of waking you up. Simply because you do not believe in Him does not mean that He does not believe in you
Maybe we are closer to the end than we think and He is preparing his flock for our return to Heaven. I don't have any answers for you other than I hope that you remain safe and that you will eventually understand what this all means to you. Thank you for sharing your story. I hope you find what you are looking for.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

I hate to break it to you, but it's common for the mentally ill to count out randomly, and even speak gibberish. Older people are also hard of hearing, and may not wake up from noise at all. Working around death, will make you find God eventually.

She is not mentally ill and judging by how quickly she got up and how well she spoke she was not having any medical problems. I have known this woman for a year and she is a very normal very nice person theres nothing wrong with her

Also it was not gibberish she was speaking but an actual language
edit on 14-10-2011 by douglas82391 because: (no reason given)

And that language would be Yiddish. First, investigate what's likely to have an explanation rooted in our concrete reality. Then move on to demon possession. Yup.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

At this point i was covered head to toe in goosebumps and my heart was beating very fast. The woman woke up very frightened as you could imagine and immediately sat up, got off her bed, and started walking toward me and asked "who is there." As she got within about 2 feet of me i saw her eyes and they were yellow and the pupil was like that of a cat but her eyes went slowly back to their normal brown color and shape right before my eyes. At this point i started swaying and feeling like i was about to pass out from fear and the only thing i could think of doing was running out of her apartment unit as fast as possible, so i did so.

That section, quoted above...

A clue that the mystical event may have been your own-- not hers.

An old lady is talking in her sleep, stating numbers and speaking a different language. Maybe a mystical tongue-- or maybe that is what you heard, but not what she spoke. None the less, your reaction seems over the top, so I am thinking just maybe, you had the experience-- not witness another having it.

You were reacting with goosebumps, beating heart.
You saw cat eyes.
You started swaying, feeling near passing out.
You wanted to run.

Angelic encounters, by the way, sometimes have the very sense of fear you described, so not necessarily evil.

An elderly woman counting and speaking a foreign language in her sleep would not have me screaming her name and pounding on walls. So...

Is your goosebumps, racing heart, swaying, near passing out, and desire to run-- is that how you would expect yourself to react to those rather mundane events, or was there some intuitively perceived activity that triggered the reaction?

edit on 14-10-2011 by Frira because: typos

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It s easy to worry about the morals of atheists , whoever ends up caring for me I'd make them know the difference between right and wrong , like it or not . If I didnt like them , or the way they tried to wake me up , they might end up actually being introduced to the holy ghost...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Sounds like neither one of you are saved...here...www.creationtips.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Blessed be all,
Do not confuse the meanings of symbols please!!
I am a Wiccan and I use the symbol of a hexagram in a circle to protect me when I meditate. In my religion it is a symbol of protection and of focusing positive energies!!
OP, if you wish to know if this women is a Wiccan simply do this: When you greet her, greet her like this: Blessed be Sister. If she responds with Blessed be or a variation of this, ask me for authentication.
See this link for the Wiccan meaning of some symbols! symbols

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I'd like to point out (not sure if anyone else in this thread has, yet), that what has happened was not about her, but about you. You're the one who experienced it, as the elderly person did not even know what was happening, as you described it. Although it is unlikely they are possessed (I've seen possessions before, otherworldly strength, deep demonic voices even in the bodies of little girls, etc.. still rare), if you want to find comfort, read the Bible.

Particularly, the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. Jesus had the power to cast out demons, and in his words, he also promised we would be able to do everything he could do. However, I think it's wise to just read the words of Christ, as they bring comfort, at least for me, in dark times.

This is all a suggestion, though. Do whatever you feel is right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join