It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walgreens Employees rewarded with iPads for meeting vaccination recruitment goals?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Stop the Walgreens flu shot harassment! Employees rewarded with iPads for meeting vaccination recruitment goals?

NaturalNews Accounts are pouring in to NaturalNews that Walgreens customers feel they are being verbally harassed by Walgreens employees at the checkout counter over flu shots. Multiple accounts from NaturalNews readers describe aggressive verbal harassment by Walgreens employees who appear to be "over the top" in pushing flu shots, even onto pregnant women!

"I get my scripts filled at Walgreens so they know me real well at the one I go to," one reader told NaturalNews. "When I was pregnant they kept trying to push one on me and I kept refusing them."

Personally I hate the thought of any kind of vaccination, especially considering how corrupt the pharmaceutical and medical industries are but I digress. People are apparently getting hassled, pressured and some might even say bullied into getting this flu vaccination. This does of course raise slight suspicion for an avid tinfoil hat wearer like myself..

Several readers who say they are Walgreens employees have also reported to NaturalNews -- and requested anonymity out of fear of losing their jobs -- that they were being rewarded with incentives or threatened with reprimands if they met a certain "goal" of pushing a certain number of customers into getting flu shots. "I have been told that I have to push the flu shot on my customers, arrange flu shot clinics at off-site locations and draw up flu shots to give to the customers," one person who claimed to be a Walgreens employee told NaturalNews. They added, "Please don't blame the employees who are asking about the flu shot, they are having their jobs threatened," indicating the existence of a feeling of intimidation by their employer.

Hold on wait a minute. So flu shots are supposed to be optional right? But if flu shots are supposed to be completely optional then why are peoples jobs getting threatened if they don't attempt to swindle someone into taking the jab. Because that is what it sounds like. You give someone the choice to do something and then when they make their decision you swindle them into changing their mind..

All sounds pretty damn suspicious to me..
Natural News

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Probably because it came from Natural News...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Probably because it came from Natural News...

Ahhh Boncho.. my star seeking friend.
Regardless of who is reporting the news, people are being harassed into doing something they don't want to do. Now this in itself isn't too suspicious. What I find suspicious is the amount of controversy over vaccinations and then the pushing of those vaccinations on people who don't want them. Its not like a pair of shoes or a computer game, you can't take your vaccination back to the shop and get a refund.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I work at Walgreens, it's true. They have contests, some managers will even offer cash rewards for vaccinations sold. There are contests between stores for amount of shots we can sell, as well as amount of employees who get shots.

It's stupid, it makes me not mention them to anybody. I'm not paranoid about anything, I've never gotten a flu shot because I don't need one. When management tried to push me into getting one for the contest, though, I just decided there was no way I was getting one.

But yeah, Ipad for shots, it's true.

HOWEVER, I have in no way been "threatened" or "intimidated" by anybody. When I say "push" I mean they have been like, you should do this. To which I'll say, nope. Then they'll say, oh, ok.
edit on 13-10-2011 by Mr Headshot because: derp

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
They're bullying their employees into doing this because Walgreens needs all the money that they can get, and it's a pretty sweet rachet.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
You think a Walgreens employee is going to change the customers mind about getting the flu shot?
Thats pretty weak.... But I'm sure there are people that will just believe some mumbo jumbo before doing a bit of research themselves.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Well, for one, this isn't "news" of any kind. Because the source is someone who thinks autism is caused by vaccines, and their blog (this story specifically) is a Year old.
Source

Of course, Natural News loves regurgitating this stuff, why wouldn't they? They and their writers sell "natural health' products! Everything the evil people don't wan't you to buy...

But if flu shots are supposed to be completely optional then why are peoples jobs getting threatened if they don't attempt to swindle someone into taking the jab

Coming third hand, from a second hand blog source....

Who was being harassed in all this again?

Multiple accounts from NaturalNews readers describe aggressive verbal harassment by Walgreens employees who appear to be "over the top" in pushing flu shots, even onto pregnant women! Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

Ahhh.. yes.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
They're bullying their employees into doing this because Walgreens needs all the money that they can get, and it's a pretty sweet rachet.

Yes that is definitely a factor but look at it this way. Someone very high up really wants people to have these jabs, perhaps not just to make money. Maybe this is why there is so much pressure and perhaps even threatening to staff to sell this vaccine.

I want to know why the big boss wants people having the vaccination so badly.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I had a nice rachet once, changed tires so much easier than a standard wrench. Or was that a ratchet? I forget...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Well, for one, this isn't "news" of any kind. Because the source is someone who thinks autism is caused by vaccines, and their blog (this story specifically) is a Year old.
Source

Of course, Natural News loves regurgitating this stuff, why wouldn't they? They and their writers sell "natural health' products! Everything the evil people don't wan't you to buy...

But if flu shots are supposed to be completely optional then why are peoples jobs getting threatened if they don't attempt to swindle someone into taking the jab

Coming third hand, from a second hand blog source....

Who was being harassed in all this again?

Multiple accounts from NaturalNews readers describe aggressive verbal harassment by Walgreens employees who appear to be "over the top" in pushing flu shots, even onto pregnant women! Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

Ahhh.. yes.

So.. just because a source isn't 100% verifiable (As with quite a few sources posted on ATS).. the information presented doesn't warrant discussion?

I bet we'd better just close down ATS then.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

Yes that is definitely a factor but look at it this way. Someone very high up really wants people to have these jabs, perhaps not just to make money. Maybe this is why there is so much pressure and perhaps even threatening to staff to sell this vaccine.

I want to know why the big boss wants people having the vaccination so badly.

It happened a year ago... You haven't heard anything about it in the past year? No people causing a stink after having their jobs threatened? Nothing... Just a master vaccine plan going on for a year now and....

...been to Walgreens lately? Maybe you should go there and ask an employee the last time they were threatened to be fired.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Of course it warrants discussion. I pointed out the story is a year old from a third hand blogger. I also pointed out that Natural News and it's writers have an agenda.

Discuss....

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Guys, my post, read it plz.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Employees are being rewarded for meeting sales goals?

The HORROR!

Next you'll tell me the teenager who keeps asking me if I want fries with my McNuggets is just doing it for the money, and not for his deeply-held belief that my meal really would be better with fries.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

It happened a year ago... You haven't heard anything about it in the past year? No people causing a stink after having their jobs threatened? Nothing... Just a master vaccine plan going on for a year now and....

So obviously it worked well for them. Lets hope there has been no bad ramifications. But we'll never know, it would be ignorant to assume so without evidence either way.

...been to Walgreens lately? Maybe you should go there and ask an employee the last time they were threatened to be fired.

I live in the UK.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Jesus Christ dude, there have been no threatening remarks. I've worked at my store for three years and have never been threatened by anybody. Nobody I know has either. I don't doubt that it happened once or twice but that's not a policy by any means. Managers have a lot of say in how the stores are run. You also have to keep in mind that people are whiny and tend to blow things way out of proportion.
edit on 13-10-2011 by Mr Headshot because: derp

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Of course it warrants discussion. I pointed out the story is a year old from a third hand blogger. I also pointed out that Natural News and it's writers have an agenda.

Discuss....

Someone high up might have a secret agenda for these jabs and then they use money as an extra incentive to make store managers put more pressure on the staff. These people high up that I'm talking about aren't as much worried about making more money as expanding power and influence. They already have most of the worlds money.

That being said, this vaccination seems like it may have had some extra pressure put on it. So considering that the people responsible for these vaccinations being produced are already rolling in cash it makes me suspicious on possible alternate motives to the vaccination distribution.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

You mean Mark Wagner? The CEO? You kidding right? It's freaking Walgreens.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot

You mean Mark Wagner? The CEO? You kidding right? It's freaking Walgreens.

He may have someone higher up that he answers to. That is how the corporate pyramid works. The people who supposedly run the companies are quite often not the people who have final, final say.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Oh, obviously.

They're all controlled by teh gubs. Give me a break man, Wagner has the board to answer to, not some shadow agency. These are real people, not reptiles.

Nice edit.
edit on 14-10-2011 by Mr Headshot because: nice edit

top topics

<<   2 >>

join