It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.7 in Papa New Guinea - Calm before the storm?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
So over the past few weeks, we've seen a global down tick with Earthquakes. Just check out Dutchsinses Earthquake Overviews here and you'll find the pattern. The Pattern being originally an Uptick and then a downtick. Are we heading for another uptick?

www.youtube.com...

The only reason i've chosen to start a new thread is due to the sudden Bali Quake - 6.8 or 6.1 depending on your sources and the 5.9 Oregon quake. Again these two places are somewhere I personally haven't seen movement in for a while (Yes there was a mag 6 on Vancouver island but the Oregon quake is no where near which makes me wonder).

Do you think we could be heading for another uptick?

I'll update soon.

Magnitude
6.7 (Preliminary magnitude — update expected within 15 minutes)
Date-Time
Friday, October 14, 2011 at 03:35:17 UTC
Friday, October 14, 2011 at 01:35:17 PM at epicenter
Depth
53 km (32.9 miles) set by location program
Region
EASTERN NEW GUINEA REG, PAPUA NEW GUINEA
Distances
104 km (65 miles) E (87°) from Lae, New Guinea, PNG
183 km (114 miles) WSW (253°) from Kandrian, New Britain, PNG
230 km (143 miles) N (352°) from Popondetta, New Guinea, PNG
318 km (198 miles) NNE (15°) from PORT MORESBY, Papua New Guinea

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
How long is this clam going to last?? Whens this 'storm' coming!!??

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Do you know if there is a tsunami
expected with the 6.7 New Guinea
quake?. Yes, things have been busy
and in unusual locations. I was
especially surprised at the Oregon
quake. I feel something big is
brewing and we will know it soon.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Semoro

The more you follow these things, the worse it gets it seems. I recently installed Earth Alerts on my desktop, and every few minutes it pops up to remind me of everything going on. It's kind of a nuisance at times, but what can you do?

If something is coming my way, I definitely want a warning of some kind and I rarely turn on the television. Thanks for the heads up...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
No Tsunami warning as of yet and I know what you mean. I live in Christchurch, where we've had 3 6+ quakes in the last year causing mass destruction. That is the reason i follow this so much and I know exactly how annoying the alerts can get.

And maybe it's nothing but rather think of the worse case, Realistic scenario than not at all acknowledge it and then be wrong.

It's just personal habit I guess.

Stay safe all!

Semoro

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I do feel like things are going to culminate into something huge. Something humans haven't seen before.

Sometimes I feel like the Earth hates us and is trying to shake us all off of the surface.

Can't blame it honestly.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
***(Ok, bare with me...I'm relatively new to posting. I've been lurking around ATS for a couple years just staying in the shadows and reading the threads. I've poked my head in a couple times here and there, but haven't really stated an oppion on much of anything yet. I decided to throw this intro in because I went on a bit of a tangent below.....sorry.)***

~South East Russia got hit with a couple of 6's a few hrs ago, too. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some more major quakes in the next few days...Sunday is Oct.16th.....just saying.

~I'm not really saying that they would be caused by Elenin or the giant troll that lives in the earth....I don't know enough about either to say for certain. I DO know that the energy on this planet is f***ing insane right now. All the hype about Elenin and the16th, Harold Camping and his Rapture occuring on the 21st (I'd rather not think about the fact that there are actually people who believe him),"Occupy...World", really starting to go postal and then, my personal favorite, Callman's revision of the Mayan Long Count from Dec. 21 2012 to 2 weeks from today. That's ALOT going on at once making ALOT of heads spin.

~Yes, I know we've been down this road before on ATS, prophecies that the sky is falling, ect...I don't claim to know if it will or not. But, whether we believe in any of the predictions or not makes no difference, It's all still being stamped on our psyches and festering in the dark corners of our minds. Regardless of whether you think it's real or not, your mind can't tell the difference and joins in on creating energy from it. Right now, our collective energy has been pushed into overdrive from everything we hear about and is going on and eventually it's gonna (and has probably already started to) manifest (I hate this word, but it fits) in ways other than we intented....
.....Like, maybe earthquakes.....

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by baxt444

Welcome, and a star for you.
Nicely put about the energies and should we 'feed' them or not.
Personally, I try my hardest not to 'feed' the neg's and focus on 'being' in the positive, lighter energies which came in with quite a whammy for me last night. There is definately a huge energy shift going on and not just geological stresses.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

~Thank you!!
~Oh good, it's nice to know that someone else was feeling that last night
I still wonder sometimes if I'm imagining things...lol. Thanx for the validation.
~Yes, it really feels like things have kicked into high gear...it's very exciting.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by baxt444

As I type, I am waiting for a friend of mine to call me back as she is a pretty 'tuned in' person. She has told me she has been feeling something for the last 2 weeks! I will find out more! Also another friend who is a 10th dan ninjitsu has been 'feeling' it for a week!
This is OT (off topic), so maybe we should start a new thread just for us 'weirdos'!

On topic, I have always maintained that the next big geological event will be in this region.
Rainbows
Jane
edit on 14-10-2011 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
What is it you all are "feeling"? I too felt something very strange last night but I have absolutely no idea how to even put it into words. Just got this overwhelming feeling that something is "coming". For a brief few seconds the world just didn't feel right. May just be all in my mind, usually is.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

~Yeah, you're right, we definitely need our own thread...or maybe even a whole ATS topic....lol.
~I've actually been waiting for something to come along that I could use to start a thread with. I guess this chit chat would make a pretty good one...I just need to formulate it into a topic

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TMG333
What is it you all are "feeling"? I too felt something very strange last night but I have absolutely no idea how to even put it into words. Just got this overwhelming feeling that something is "coming". For a brief few seconds the world just didn't feel right. May just be all in my mind, usually is.

~You're just picking up on the energy of everything that's going on right now...which is a lot. It's not necessarily anything "bad", It's just so intense that it is pretty overwhelming at times.
~I'm going to start a thread relating to this so I don't tick off the Mods by straying off topic here. I'm sure you're not the only one feeling a little screwed up and I think it'd be good for people to have a place to talk about it.~

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by baxt444

Please forgive me mods......

There are many threads about various kinds of intense energies. Think this one should be geared towards what happened in the early hours of Saturday morning (UK) late evening Friday (USA)

As to PNG....looks like all has calmed down again, but been taken over by others as is the usual case!
Rainbows
Jane

new topics

top topics

join