It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite lands on home of Mrs Comette

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
A Meteorite lands on the house of some one named Comette
Just for those that like a good story.

www.thelocal.fr...

A meteorite chose the roof of a house belonging to a Mrs Comette in the southern suburbs of Paris to make its acquaintance with the planet Earth. The astral surprise hit the roof of the home in Draveil while the Comettes themselves were on holiday. On returning they discovered the encounter after a water leak led them to the roof, reported newspaper France Soir. "We got the roofer out and he was amazed" said Martine Comette. "He said you'd have to be superman to break a roof tile like that. It must be a meteorite." The roofer was proved right when Alain Carion, a mineral scientist, authenticated the 88 gram meteorite. He described is as a "stone of black crusted rock which characterizes its passage through the atmosphere." "This is super rare," he said. "There have been only 50 meteorite falls in France over the last four centuries." The scientist believes the egg-shaped meteorite came from the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter. The meteorite that hit the Comettes was small-fry compared to some of the largest ever discovered. The biggest meteorite is believed to be the Hoba, a 60-tonne boulder which fell in Namibia around 80,000 years ago. Meteorites can sell for up to €1,000 per gramme ($1,357), but the Comettes plan to keep hold of theirs. "It's the history of life on Earth that fell in my garden," said Mrs Comette, "a bit of fascinating space history that we know nothing about."

biginet.com...
www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
What a funny coincidence
....I bet Mr Asteroid lives next door

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
She must've pissed big boss, Mr Nibiru.
What a shame... she never asked for this.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
over $1000 a gram and she has 88 grams?!?!?!? yeah it hink i would sell that and invest in a great BOB for later on lol.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by awcgs

I would know what I would be doing with it.....Throw that baby on EBAY!!! Over $100,000 for a water leak.....UMMMMM.....Sure!!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by awcgs

I would know what I would be doing with it.....Throw that baby on EBAY!!! Over $100,000 for a water leak.....UMMMMM.....Sure!!

It's only the rarest that sell for massive prices.
More common ones can be bought very reasonably,
www.ukge.co.uk...

Martian meteorites are about the rarest, only around 13 have ever been discovered on earth and they are expensive.
www.meteoriteguy.com...
edit on 14-10-2011 by Wh00pS because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wh00pS

how much is a 55 million tonne one then ?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by awcgs

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I would place it in a beautiful glass jar and show it off to all my friends

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sempul

actually I read somewere its worth about $1300.00 bucks
I`ll find the link and post it.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by awcgs

Well I am awfully glad that Mr Meteor and Mrs Comette didn't meet. It might have been a tragic relationship for all involved...for a second or two. Life really is stranger than fiction sometimes.

top topics

join