It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chat doesn't work? i tried clicking the chat rules but once it does.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I tried the "Click here to agree with these rules and enter chat" nothing happend the chat didnt appear, last week it worked just fine and yes i did update the least java patchs
whats wrong with the chat?

Besdies me anyone else having problems with the chat?
edit on 13-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I had exactly the same problem when I tried to get into chat on Wednesday night.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
The problem will be the underscore in your name. The new chat client doesn't appear to like certain characters, which is unfortunate. I do, however, have it on good authority that SO and company are working to get this fixed. In the mean time, I suppose you and the other chat refugees will just have to make do with the boards.
edit on 14-10-2011 by hypervalentiodine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Yep what hyper said. So far the people in the same boat as you (as far as I have spoken to are) stop-loss! ~w1ll and Damn_Ummmm

Just as well I didn't go with my original name choice of ~~/\~~~\o/~~~Shark!!!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
maybe you got a

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Skeptic dropped into chat two days ago to say this underscore issue had been fixed. I had hopes it would work.

I'm fairly sure that they will keep working on it, they seem to want this issue fixed as much as we do.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Well......I still can't get in and I've never had any problems before.

I only tend to go in there when the ATS Live Euro Show is on.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
maybe you got a

I doubt it. It is doing it for me too and I never go into chat.

Not too mention I would not do anything to get a ban...

I have tried to get in the chat room before and it would not load a lot of the time.

This time, I click agreeing to the rules and it acts as if I did not click anything.

It's not a ban.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
maybe you got a

no i doubt it the chat worked just fine last week.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
SO did come in the other day to say it *should* be fixed. It's quite obviously is not. Anyway, hopefully it will be remedied once and for all in the near future. You'll just have to wait it out.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The new chat program is much more feature rich than the last one, and thus much more time consuming to set up the way SO wants.

So bear with him on this one folks, it will all be fixed in due time. All issues are being looked into by SO as far as I know and resolutions will come sooner than later.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I can't get in either

Damn _ !!!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Every time I try to get into Chat, my Internet Explorer crashes. Any ideas?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
The new chat program is much more feature rich than the last one, and thus much more time consuming to set up the way SO wants.

So bear with him on this one folks, it will all be fixed in due time. All issues are being looked into by SO as far as I know and resolutions will come sooner than later.

~Keeper

Sorry again for bringing back my thread again but has the chat been fixed yet

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Well I cannot get in either.
:shk:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

i got displayed a page to my ATS member name, but it was unresponsive to scroll down or even present a [Agree] or an [Accept] button...

i really did not desire a session in chat, my fingers tripped a click by accident... but i dutifully read the warning to the person that wants to enter chat (as far as 2 1/2 short paragraphs would allow...

i still say if i want to wast time, i'd rather go to POGO and play free games than vegetate in ATS CHAT

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
i still only get the chat voyeur but it used to work for me. now if i click on chat voyeur a window opens saying

"Server closed.
Chat is temporarily close due to reports of abuse."

i've never used chat to be able to abuse it, not that i would. the message must be generic. i emailed mods but no response. i assume they are just still working on it.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by godWhisperer
i still only get the chat voyeur but it used to work for me. now if i click on chat voyeur a window opens saying

"Server closed.
Chat is temporarily close due to reports of abuse."

i've never used chat to be able to abuse it, not that i would. the message must be generic. i emailed mods but no response. i assume they are just still working on it.

I don't think voyuer is operational and I am not sure if it will be added back in with the new version. I suspect it might be that the function is not compatible with the java applet. Just keep posting, you only have 64 odd to go

new topics

top topics

join