It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite headed to Earth Oct 17-18?..... Thread was Deleted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
On Wednesday October 12 around 8:30am, I started my day as most days in my office checking the recent post section here on ATS. One post caught my eye concerning a meteorite.

It was a thread just posted by a new member in the introduction forum.

The new member (unfortunately I can not remember his username) gave a brief introduction of himself which included two links which he stated in his post would provide bio information about him.

One of the links was a university link ending in edu.

In his post he stated that he was tracking a meteorite that could potentially have extinction level consequences. He stated it was the size of a small town…..

He stated that this meteorite will hit next week, (I do not recall a specific date given)…….

He also stated that he wanted to get this warning out and gave his email address which also ended in .edu.

The post ended with his full name…..John (something)

Unfortunately when I read new threads that catch my eye I often just skim over the post the first time as I did with his………..Once I skimmed over his thread I immediately clicked on his avatar to get further information on the member.

After realizing he was a new member I clicked on his thread link and attempted to go back to the thread………..

At this point the ATS Staff had other intentions on whom if anyone would ever view this thread……

It was deleted ….404

I went searching for his username in the members section but could not find a match.

Since I search new topics and new post from the “recent post” section as they are posted……..I can say that this is the second thread I have seen deleted this week by the staff here.

As far as the T&C over ATS……I did not see anything that violated the terms in his post. Not sure about the email address……….

Maybe it was the links he provided………

His thread did not come across as “fear mongering”………It provided a brief synopses of the potential event with links to back up his observations and credentials.

The Space Exploration forum is not my expertise. I wanted to share what little information I read from this deleted thread for those who may have more insight…….

The primary reason I posted this information is due to this thread……..Kepler brown dwarf/gas giant hurles comets/meteors oct 17 & 28 YU55 + Ele debris tail expected nov 8

If anything factual to his thread, maybe someone here will bring some light to it.........

edit on 13-10-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
God I hope its real,

so we can stop the "Where did the meteor thread go?"

because as with the last 4 or so, it was explained the guy is a known hoaxer.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Well I am usually banging the bongo drums on threads that detail info on End the Fed........or radiation links.........so if its a hoax cool..........

Because if the meteorite does not kill ya........the radiation will at some point.....

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
According to spaceweather.com an asteroid ( 2009 TMB ) will pass Earth at 0.9 LD on Oct 17. The asteroid is 8 meters in size.

Nothing to worry about.

spaceweather.com...

At the bottom of the page...
edit on 10/13/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I saw that thread also and thought
at the time it would probably be
deleted. A lot of threads on the
Introduction Forum get deleted because the
poster wants to tell about something.
It had my curiosity as well and I
am going to search the net for
any info I might find.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Even if a hoax..........Hundreds of threads here in the introduction forum from new members tell their story......At least he gave a bio.........Do you remember his username?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
A known hoaxer huh, well
that explains it so I won't
have to worry about it. I
saw the meteorite report
on Spaceweather.com, I
don't think that is anything
to be concerned with, or is
it?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

I must say that avatar has me cracking up.

More doom and gloom without any evidence.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
A known hoaxer huh, well
that explains it so I won't
have to worry about it.

Written like a true sheep.

Hey, God's protecting the Earth from these things, so you don't have to ever look into any of it, ever again!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by leemachino

You can always go beat the bongo drums up at Occupy Wallstreet

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

The poster of that thread was one of our well-known hoaxers. It was complete BS guaranteed.

There was another thread asking the same thing, and I believe either Springer or Skeptic Overlord chimed in and said the same thing.

Even if a hoax..........Hundreds of threads here in the introduction forum from new members tell their story......At least he gave a bio.........Do you remember his username?

The Bio was complete BS also. That is probably his 20th bio with different information each time.
edit on 13-10-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

You ruined my doom and gloom fun……….not that I don’t get my daily dose everyday………

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DieBravely

Just like your mood, angry and
defiant. I concern myself with
the earth each and everyday. I
meant I don't have to be concerned
with a report from a hoaxer. I am
still interested in the Meteorite among
other things.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I saw a similiarly titled, though not the exact same title thread mentioning an ELE1 and a professor's credentials. It was nearly instantly 404ed.

I suspect it's a repeat hoaxster and the mods have his IP on an instant ban list.

I have now forgotten the professor's name but at the time had researched it and found the professor's email was listed on the web (easily acquired by a hoaxster.)

Also, the communication style of the ATS hoaxster was well below par for his "assumed" identity. I have no doubt the ATS OP was NOT the professor.

Last, the ATS hoaxster OP was on the same subject as you mention and he didn't even have the minimal details which I already knew by heart on the interesting meteorite. Credibility zero.
edit on 13/10/2011 by Trexter Ziam because: typo

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

the poster claims he is Bruce C. Murray but its just a troll. link
edit on 13-10-2011 by tritoneblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tritoneblues

Yes, THAT was the assumed identity professor's name. It certainly was not a professor writing the post.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by leemachino

You can always go beat the bongo drums up at Occupy Wallstreet

Only if we can carpool. Gas is too costly. My doom and gloom comment was directed towards the poster of the thread in which you were refering to.

I am from Detroit and everyday is occupy some street with all the homeless.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Maybe it was deleted because it's nearly impossible for a meteorite to be heading to earth.

A meteorite is a meteor that's already crashed into Earth.
edit on 10/13/2011 by Josonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Asked and answered. We'd rather not spend any more time fueling Hoax fires.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join