It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA Allowed Unsafe Seafood Onto Market After BP Oil Spill Disaster

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I figured that's why Obama went down and ate 'seafood' but he didn't eat any shrimp....I didn't see him eat any fish either.
I hope the good people of LA would let him come back and eat some more if he wants it.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Something has just occured to me. Obviously , it is the duty of the FDA to ensure that consumables are safe to eat, or in some other manner, ingest. In order to achieve this goal, one must assume that tests of a scientific nature are run on foodstuffs and so on, to make certain that they are healthy or at the very least, do not pose a serious and immediate threat to health and life.

That begs the following questions:

1) Were the seafood products ever actually tested?

2) If so, how were they deemed safe, when clearly , they are not?

3) If the seafood from the area was NOT tested, what was the excuse given for that, and how was it justified by the responsible parties.

4) Are the government of the U.S.A. going to provide healthcare, at no charge to the affected parties, for those who have become ill as a result of consuming contaminated seafood?

5) Has anyone been fired over this, and if not, why ?

The fact is this one should have been a no brainer. Corexit, oil, and countless other pollutants were released as part of the initial incident, and as part of the clean up afterward. Most of the chemicals that featured in the event as a whole were carcinogenic in nature, or contained compounds that were, so you would have thought that anyone with a reasonable grounding in public health, would have been all over that like flies on a ten day old corpse. That this has not seemed to be the case so far.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by popsmayhem

Are you telling me that you refuse to believe the same people who allow aspartame, fluoride, mercury and all the other junk into our food supply?

How dare you!

Everything is alright, the FDA cares about you.

I always thought the gov was a trustworthy organization. Lulz

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Samples were taken and tested all up and down the Gulf during the spill issue...........

The Seafood is Safe!!!

Samples were found to have been taken from areas where the water was still "blue"...........

You can find all types of youtube videos of shrimpers and crabbers telling you the seafood is contaminated.........

Criminal ..........Again we should occupy and arrest the top officials at the FDA...............

top topics

<< 1   >>

join